Halo: Combat Evolved - Mark V. Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so here's the back-story of this helmet. I was at a friends house playing pool. After I finished my game, it was my other friends turn to play. While both of my friend's were playing, I saw a pogo-stick. Being the not-so-smart person I am, I grabbed the pogo-stick and started pogoing. I then ended up almost breaking their $400 pool table because I slammed the pogo-stick into it. As a result, I promised I'd build my friend a FREE Halo Helmet of his choice. His choice ended up being this very helmet.

This helmet was VERY easy to build and is MOZ's version. Which can be found here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/5cbjgOp8/MKV_Helmet_by_MOZ.html

Time for Pics!:

Finished Pep next to my Halo: CEA Helmet. Notice the differences
021-1.jpg

Helmet has now been resined and fiberglassed
IMG_9158-1.jpg

So after a VERY long time of being away, I have finally come back to work on this helmet as it needs to be finished by the end of this month. It was re-done with 1 thin coat of resin and then rondo'd to add some reinforcement.
I must say this helmet is pretty damn rigid. No warping has occured that I know of and it looks liike it just needs a very thin coat of bondo before it's ready for painting. This helmet will also be used for casts, so any help or tips with that would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway... TIME FOR PICS!!

Helmet has been re-resined along with my recon helmet
IMG_9161.jpg

Helmet has been finished being rondo'd and will be ready for some bondo soon
IMG_9172.jpg

Stay tuned for some more updates and thanks for viewing. Also, please if any of you can me advice on making casts, then please message me.

Good job! Keep up the work!

Thanks, here's a quick pic of the visor. Not the best cutting job but it still came out good :)

Can you see the peace sign? lol
IMG_9178.jpg

Visor was cut into two. One for this helmet, the other for my recon. Helps save $$$
IMG_9181.jpg

Stay tuned for some bondo and sanding updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back