Noble 6 Custom DONE! PICS PAGE 34

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBmike

Hi all,
Firstly some background, Some of you may remember about 6 months ago I posted up a thread with my pep card build of Warmachine, sadly I got a bit bored of it and gave up. Then being friends with Drack and seeing some of his foam work I soon saw the benefits of using foam and decided to get straight on it!

Firstly I started by practicing and making the Warmachine helmet (this kind of sucked) but Drack showed me techniques to use and so I have begun building my custom suit from Halo Reach. So this is my custom Noble 6 suit, so far its not very custom, i've been building it standard as a base and then will be making modifications and additions later.
So far though the peak on the shoulder is custom (currently and embarrassingly run out of glue so this is incomplete and not been able to build the other side as such) right shoulder is a simple vent and the left shoulder will be housing a light for improved night vision :)

Oh and just want to say i've been checking out a lot of peoples builds too many to mention but mainly been paying attention to Roxy Roo (as recommend by Drack) if you see this Roxy then just wanna say, love your work, and though it doesn't seem so now your work has inspired me with my build and so you'll see some of your influences popping up soon!
anyway thanks and heres the pics guys :)

right so anyway sorry if you've got bored reading all that, here's some pics of progress so far! ENJOY!! :D

so this is my online suit (helmet is different from what i've made though)
IMG_0198.png

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

This is the custom shoulder part for now (more of this when I get more glue in the week)
IMG_0247.jpg

Right hope my efforts so far have impressed and inspired as I have been looking at others work. Theres loads more to come from me on this build so keep your eyes peeled and i'll be back soon, comments/questions welcome. As has been pointed out some details aren't currently accurate and a lot of it isn't very tidy at the moment but bear in mind its still a work in progress :)

Cheers Guys :)

I really like the helmet. It's not too often that you see a foam helmet, and you certainly pulled it off. Good job! I like the chest too, so overall well done. Keep up the great work!

Nice job, hope to see more progress soon, also nice job pulling off a foam MKV helmet at first glance I thought it was a pep helmet

Thanks guys, got some more glue on order now so you'll see some more progress in te week. As for my helmet I'm glad you like it, so far it's my favourite part, just dying to finish it :)

For me The helmets been the easy part, its the chest and back thats caused me some major annoyance because as i've been building it so far I thought it was looking pretty nice, but looking more and more at other peoples work theres a lot of modding that needs doing to it, still obviously loads to finish on it before its anywhere near good enough and quite a few bits to change, e.g. the blue bits on the front of the chest are way too small and theres loads of bits like that, that need changing.... grrrr

Still its a work in progress and as I said its a custom suit at the end of the day so I'm not going for an exact replica of N6

Yo yo bro. Good to finally see the suit up on the forum. Looking forward to seeing that helmet closer to finished. Get your Avatar sorted!

Oh and just want to say i've been checking out a lot of peoples builds too many to mention but mainly been paying attention to Roxy Roo (as recommend by Drack) if you see this Roxy then just wanna say, love your work, and though it doesn't seem so now your work has inspired me with my build and so you'll see some of your influences popping up soon!
anyway thanks and heres the pics guys :)

HI. :)

Not gonna lie, bro. Your chest piece is too small. Don't fret! I think it can be easily fixed. It's only the "rib cage" part that's too small. I just comes up too far on your armpit. Just make those pieces a little longer. Reason being, remember you have to leave room for that black cushioning layer. Other than that, nicely done. It's really cool to see another foam helmet build. It's mostly unexplored territory. I think only Drack and one other guy has done it so far. (and now you too, of course).

Looking good. I do have to agree with Roxy on the chest piece "rib cage" part being too high though. You don't want to miss out on the arm seals!

Can't wait to see that helmet together :)

Ok thanks guys I'll modify it so it sits a little lower and try to push it out some more too so it's not so narrow :)
Thanks for the feedback

Ok while driving to work I got thinking, I'm not to keen on my chest piece as a whole anyway so rather than modify it, I may just rebuild the entire think recycling parts from the existing one. What's other peoples thoughts on that? To rebuild or just modify!? That's the question lol

I second that, have a search for the HD file and recycle a new one. Most of the one you got is fine but like Roxy said looks a little small and the back needs a touch up of detail.

Ok while driving to work I got thinking, I'm not to keen on my chest piece as a whole anyway so rather than modify it, I may just rebuild the entire think recycling parts from the existing one. What's other peoples thoughts on that? To rebuild or just modify!? That's the question lol

That's not far-fetched at all, when making my current costume I cut out bad pieces and replaced them, it's very helpful because you save material. and if you like a certain part of the piece then you can keep it, but a few tips for doing this "procedure" is to make extremely clean cuts when cutting a piece away, you don't want multiple seams when there should be one, and clean off the glue after you cut it away, the more glue you have the bigger the seam will be and it will look pretty ugly. I wish you luck, and hopefully I helped!

Thanks Sepheus, that is pretty useful advice :)
After a phone conversation with drack it has been decide I'm going to go with a total chest rebuild trying to recycle as I go!
Since most comments so far have been very complimentary of my helmet so far seems only right I do a better job of the chest :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back