Halo: Reach M6G Magnum (EXTREME PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan 010

Jr Member
Well, this is my first thread on 405th so let's see how it goes:)

I made this using the Sliced method with the help of the m6g sliced pep file. So, whoever made it, THANK YOU! You are brilliant!

I used plexiglass from a poster protector (about 1/16th inches thick, and a sheet of plexiglass from a fake-o Grand Father Clock (it didnt even ding!) [about 2/16ths inches thick] :confused

Spackle Putty
(to fill in the cracks of 16 layers of plastic and to smooth everything over)
Hot Glue (very hard to use because you have to work quickly before the glue cools)
Foam Board (for the "rounded" top area of the gun)
Acrylic Paint
A few sheets 100 grit Sand Paper and a Dremel that used 120 grit "sanding disk"
Plaster de Paris (Plaster of Paris) [used to make mini molds for small detail-thingies]
And Plastic from a Salad Container/Spinach! xD
Ohh And burn cream... LOTS of burn cream. I'll get to that in a second...

OK, in order to cut the plastic I needed something sharp. I tried using my Exact-o Knife but all that did was mess up the blade. My grandma (yes, my grandmother) let me borrow her wood burning kit which had a sort of Exact-o Knife blade on it. I took the blade off and popped it on my 850 degree F Soldering Iron. See where the burn cream comes in place? Well, when I was about, 85% done with cutting out all of the pieces my Iron dropped off the table. DO NOT catch 850 degree Soldering Irons! Let them fall! I caught it with my bare hand and gave myself a nice 2nd degree burn on 3 of my fingers. Unless someone actually WANTS to see the burn, I will save you the horror and not post them. =P

Any who, lots of cutting, gluing, and sweating. Now we get to the sanding. After I sanded everything down with the 100 grit paper and the 120 grit Dremel disk, I added the Spackle Putty. I filled in every little gap, every hole, every crease and crevasse. After I let it cure over night I sanded everything down again. It came out quite nicely I think. Now, I'm not 100% done, I still need to add a few more details like the yellow stripe on the "rounded" area and sand down some other parts.

Now that I have pretty much finished it, I plan on making a Silicone Mold (after I buy the material from smooth-on.com) then pop them out for crazy! Mwuhaha! My cousin has a bunch of Halo fanatic friends who want to buy Halo props so I figured I might as well, ya know? :D

Even though it isnt 100% finished. I could not wait any longer! I had to show you guys! So, without further ado, I present to you, my Halo: Reach M6G Magnum!!!

mg6side.png
DSCF1153.jpg
DSCF1156.jpg
DSCF1158.jpg
DSCF1161.jpg
DSCF1160.jpg
DSCF1162.jpg

This is a locking mechanism that should, SHOULD help me make the gun have complete recoil!
DSCF1163.jpg
DSCF1164.jpg
DSCF1165.jpg
DSCF1166.jpg
DSCF1167.jpg

DSCF10932.jpg

DSCF10952.jpg
DSCF10962.jpg

DSCF1094.jpg

DSCF10972.jpg

DSCF10982.jpg

DSCF11002.jpg

DSCF10992.jpg

DSCF11032.jpg

DSCF11022.jpg

DSCF11042.jpg

DSCF11062.jpg

DSCF11082.jpg

Thank you for your patience and I am very sorry it took more than 1 post. The site only allows 15 pictures per post.
If this causes me to get banned, I ask that you (the mod or admin) do/does not delete this thread. It took almost as long to copy and paste all of the links as it did to make this prop. ;)
I will however accept your ban if it does come to that. Thank you. :)

Thanks! That meas a lot seeing as you have made 1200+ posts! haha :D

When it's finished, the slide "should" kick back and slam forward just like a real gun would EACH TIME you pull the trigger. At least... I hope it will.

Wow, this looks absolutely fantastic! I'm blown away by the detail you've put in, as well as the innovative use of salad containers and non-dinging-grandfather clocks! ;) I'm doubly impressed because usually (in the anime costume community, where I'm usually to be found cosplaying) most prop weapons are just for show - they don't often have working trigger mechanisms. So I'm really excited to see your magnum looking - and working - as cool as it does!

Wow! Thanks guys! I really Appreciate it! :D There's still a few things I could clean up to make it look even better. I have to sand down a few areas and add a few paint details. Other than that though, it's finished. Like I said before, it "should" have a working recoil. If not, then I will just have to make the trigger pull-able and the slide will have to be manually cocked back. (it will slam forward by itself, but the user has to pull it back)

On the note of am I going to sell it? I'm going to use it to make a mold from Silicone and make tons of the Magnum.
I have to keep the "master" but I will be able to sell the "copies." At least I hope I can. So in a sense, the answer is YES!! :D

My only issue with selling the guns, is actually having buyers. It'll cost roughly $100 for Silicone and either paint-able resin (plastic) or pourable resin. I dont know how many Magnums I'll be able make from the amount I buy. My only fear is spending the money to make copies, but no one buys them. Know what I mean?

Again, thank you guys for your encouraging comments! :D

I havent posted anything here in awhile. I was trying to finish graduating, then I dislocated my elbow, had it in a cast for 6 weeks, and then I lost the darn thing, haha, so: UPDATE!!

Everything seems to look pretty good. Everything has been sanded out to make perfectly smooth edges. Paint detail has been cleaned up, AND.......

I'm about to order Plastic and Silicon Rubber from www.smooth-on.com so I can create duplicates! Woot! My only fear is getting the trigger to work correctly. Right now, it only works as trigger happy satisfaction. And the slide only goes back if the user pulls it back. It goes forward again by itself, but the trigger does not cause the slide to kickback. After I get it "copied" I'll try to finish the auto slide (since I will technically have more room to see what I'm doing.) It will take about a week to get here, maybe longer, then it will take about 3 days to make the first gun (Going to take it slow at first) Then we'll see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back