Halo: Mass Effect: And A Story: Oh my! - Sepheus 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sepheus 13

Update Page 2 Post 18
Well, Now that I can finally post in the creation discussion, And I have a bit more progress to show everyone.

So, about the Story, I'm currently writing a short, quick "Novel" on halo, and on my Spartan Jake S-013, This story's background comes from a Machinima I'm writing and will hopefully be put into development soon. I'll upload "chapters" from time to time, and I'll post in this section what page, and post they are on.

Newest section Page 2 Post # 17

So, here are my updates and my projects as of yet.

These are the boots that I have just made,

IMG_1427.jpg

Here is the first one done
IMG_1422.jpg

Another angle
IMG_1250.jpg

The planning
IMG_1251.jpg

My work station
IMG_1253.jpg

beginning to cut
With my shin
IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

And then there were two.
IMG_1902.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

Now, with all my other pieces..
IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

the back

IMG_1908.jpg

A little higher... ;)
IMG_1907.jpg

Well, I've included 15 pictures in this post, so I have to continue the next one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cont:

IMG_1913.jpg

And I love how flexible Foam is.

IMG_1916.jpg

Upper torso
IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

Edit: Oops.. my bad, I was so excited about my halo costume I forgot to include my Mass effect costume!
IMG_1920.jpg

And now the story:

Prologue

I closed my eyes, and listened to the night. My back already wet from the dew, I ran my fingers through the grass as if it were hair, the water collected on my fingers. I rose that hand to one of the bright moons in the sky, my fingers seemed to touch the edge of the moon. “tomorrow” I thought with a sigh, I closed my fist as if grabbing the moon, “tomorrow is the day I die”

I tucked out of a roll, leaving most of the explosion in my wake, My shields flared as a rock flew and hit the transparent field. The Shield indicator in my HUD went down a hair, I checked my vitals, Erratic blood pressure, three broken ribs, Borderline shock, “I've had worse” I thought, I looked in the direction of the explosion and I saw the reason for it, a Wraith tank floated a few centimeters off the ground, The tank looked like a beetle, a molted blue colour covered the entire vehicle, The mortar launching tank re-acquired my position and fired a burning blue ball of plasma in my direction. I had to keep moving, I couldn't stop. I had to find some way to destroy the tank. The back is weaker and normally un-guarded, But I had no teammates to distract it this time. I dodged another blast, “Dammit!” I thought, this is taking too long, I saw the mortar launcher twitch as it tried to re-acquire my position, I ran forward straight at the tank, It can't hit me if I'm right next to it. As I got closer, the tank surged forward trying to run me over. It's close quarters defense. I jumped and landed on the hatch I kept sprinting and jumped over the mortar launcher, it fired – I had just passed it, the ball of plasma launched right past my leg, The heat was so intense that my shield flickered and failed, my suit let out a shrilling alarm. I chinned the control and the noise died out, the paint on my shin and boot started to flake and I could feel my skin blister. I dropped off the back of the tank, grabbed two grenades and shoved them deep into the internal workings of the tank. My shields were still failed and had yet to recharge, I was vulnerable, I sprinted away from the tank, feeling pain shoot up my leg, I jumped and landed behind a rock just as the Wraith exploded. A second later pieces started landing around me, A few pieces bounced off of my now recharging shield. I lay there for a moment, listening to my body, I could hear the abnormal beat of my heat, my legs burning. I took three deep breaths to calm myself down and bring myself down from going into shock, My ribs shot lances of pain as I breathed, Then it hit me, “Kate!” I said, I got up and ran over to where Kate was laying on the ground, “Are you alright?!”
“I'm okay..” she replied “just a little out of it”
“A little more than that don't you think? I tried to chuckle, I pulled up team-bio and checked her vitals, it wasn't good,
“You should be in a coma with all these internal injuries” I took a small can of bio-foam and stuck it into her abdomen port, “this might sting a little”
“ I know,” she replied “it's fine” I emptied the entire can into her, I checked team-bio again and her vitals stabilized,
“Let's get you some help” I gingerly picked her up and I carried her in my arms, I started walking in the direction of the base, it was going to be a full days walk unless I could find a ride, a constant problem for me..

Next chapter, already written, will post with the next update. Enjoy!

Subscribe! Subscribe! Subscribe!
How long have you been working on this?!?
It looks absolutely amazing!

This is a great thread man! I love how you're adding a story too your spartan! Keep it up!

Jacob

Subscribe! Subscribe! Subscribe!
How long have you been working on this?!?
It looks absolutely amazing!

Wow! awesome! thanks! and I've been working on this for about 2-3 months now, All my previous work I had done was confined to the Noob section, and a lot of work in the Noob section gets overlooked. or, at least I believe so.

WOW! Good job with the foam so far! Loving the detail!

Thanks! I've been trying to get as much detail as I can with all my pieces, So I'm happy that some one noticed it!

This is a great thread man! I love how you're adding a story too your spartan! Keep it up!

Thanks! I'm really happy on how quickly and how successful this thread got in less than 24 hours! Being in the creative section has got to help that aspect. And I hope to write at least a 50 page story about him, So more will come!

wow this is looking great so far!
Your foam work on the mark 6 looks amazing! Totally subbing to this thread.

So, this.. isn't much of an update.. I guess it's more of a rant.. So I was gone from my house for a while.. and.. Well my cat thought it would be great fun to rip down, play, and DESTROY my signed RvB Season 9 poster that I got at PAX.. I had even gotten Gus to sign it three times!... :( Lesson learned.. have poster frames.. luckily she didn't kill the other 6 posters.. Well, sorry for not having an update..

IMG_1942.jpg

Gus's signature #1..
IMG_1943.jpg

Gus's signature #2
IMG_1944.jpg

Gus's signature #3
IMG_1945.jpg

Well, okay. Here is some Mass effect forearms.
IMG_1946.jpg

I need to make it more smooth. I don't like the how it gets fatter in the middle.

The second one hasn't been glued together.
IMG_1947.jpg

wow this is looking great so far!
Your foam work on the mark 6 looks amazing! Totally subbing to this thread.
Why thank you! and did I read some where that your going to PAX? I may just be completely making this up.. lol.

Very nice foam work... i cant wait ot see how the Mass Effect armor wor out
Are your armors going to be "Battle-Damaged" are a newer clean look?

Nice work man. I will be keeping an eye out for how you progress on your builds :)

Very nice foam work... i cant wait ot see how the Mass Effect armor wor out
Are your armors going to be "Battle-Damaged" are a newer clean look?

Thanks! and I'm going to paint my MK VI with Master chief's colour scheme. So, I will most likely have battle damage applied,

hahaha I WISH I was going to pax :(

nice update, but sorry to hear that your cat destroyed your poster!

Oh, I must've been crazy for a second then. I'm trying to keep a mental note of all the people going to pax, so I can keep an eye out for them. that's why I asked. :D

Nice work man. I will be keeping an eye out for how you progress on your builds :)

Thanks, that truly makes me happy, I look to your foam build for tips and tricks to complete mine, so it means a lot coming from you.

End of replies

So, I am getting my Plasti-dip today, and I was wondering.. Has anyone tried plasti-dip on Pepakura? I've never worked with plasti-dip, as of yet so I don't know exactly how strong it is, But with a mixture of a resin coating on the outside, and Plasti-dip on the inside, would it be strong enough to hold it's shape, allow Bondo work on it, and because it's a rubber like compound, would it still be flexible? I plan to find out! :D

I personally have not used Plasti-Dip on pepakura, but i dont see why it wouldnt work. Although it would make you pep stronger, the fiber-glass resin should be enough help the helmet keep its shape and have it be durable enough to work with. But before you bondo the pep armor peice make sure you harden it. No matter what, no matter how many coats of plasti-dip and resin it will warp your armor. you will need to harden it first. But i would love to see how plasti-dip works out on the pep!

Plasti-Dip isn't going to give the pep enough strength. Plasti-Dip is still very flexible after drying. And in my experiences building peps, too much flexibility almost always leads to tearing and warping.

I personally have not used Plasti-Dip on pepakura, but i dont see why it wouldnt work. Although it would make you pep stronger, the fiber-glass resin should be enough help the helmet keep its shape and have it be durable enough to work with. But before you bondo the pep armor peice make sure you harden it. No matter what, no matter how many coats of plasti-dip and resin it will warp your armor. you will need to harden it first. But i would love to see how plasti-dip works out on the pep!

Plasti-Dip isn't going to give the pep enough strength. Plasti-Dip is still very flexible after drying. And in my experiences building peps, too much flexibility almost always leads to tearing and warping.

Yeah, I'll probably use Rondo on my pep pieces, I used it before on my reach build, and it works. :D

So, I apologize, I realized that I haven't really put more of my story up! well here is the next section!

Section 1

“Run” I yelled “Keep moving!” the stun rounds hit the ground behind me, I could feel the dust fly up and hit me, “Don't stop! The guns should have a maximum cone of fire!” Too late, I felt a stun round hit my sternum, The thin layer of a sweatshirt did nothing to protect me from the rubber round, I clutched my chest and attempted to breathe but to no avail, I didn't dare stop sprinting, I ran to where the gun was placed in a tree, I put my back to the trunk and looked up the gun, twitching, trying to re-locate me, satisfied that I was no longer a threat it panned back and forth, looking for a target. I re gained my breath, slowly. A good friend's voice spoke over my raspy breathing,
“You're the only one who got hit Jake, I thought you were better than that” I walked over to him and slugged him in the arm, I replied smugly.
“I'm the one who was drawing their fire dumb ass” he started to reply but his tone had changed, it was serious all of a sudden
“You know, you don't always have to be that guy..”
“What guy?”
“The suicide guy!” He yelled “ Why do you always take that roll?!”
“I don't want anyone to get hurt under my orders,”
“But that's not fair! You can't just do that! Your team has your back, we're here to help you..” a couple of seconds passed, the trees rustled from a breeze, the mounted gun above us still clicked and whirred. He broke the silence. “We've begun to worry about you.. and I don't just mean Omega, Mendez has begun to worry, even lieutenant Ambrose. I looked down, processing this information.
I started to speak, but the words wouldn't form, what he had said struck me to the core, I thought I was being noble for protecting everyone, I couldn't have been more wrong.. While I was pondering I heard a rustle in the leaves behind me, I reacted, I side-stepped, grabbed the arm of the person and twisted, I then took my leg and swept it under the mans feet attempting to make him fall, The man jumped and avoided the sweep, he then counter-twisted my lock and pinned my arm against my back, I looked back and I saw the face of lieutenant Ambrose, He threw me, and I landed on the ground with a thud, I felt a rib crack and I laid there not sure what to do. Ambrose approached me and offered a hand, I grabbed it and he began to help me back up, He then took his other arm and hit me and I felt pain shoot up from my stomach, I hit the ground again, I looked up at the sky and I felt blood trickle from my mouth, a shadow blocked the sun from my eyes and then I realized that the shadow was moving closer to me, It was Ambrose, he was in the middle of a jump, his hand cocked ready for the blow that would finish me, I rolled out of the way, and quickly got up. I looked at Ambrose he was smiling, I took my hand and wiped the blood from my lips, I charged, my rage fueling me, Ambrose smiled even more, he seemed cocky. I saw him move his feet into a defensive stance, he raised his forearms to block. I knew better though, I reached out and grabbed one of his arms and used it as a pivoting point, I twirled around him, and we were back to back, I brought my elbow down on his back and made contact, I heard his breath escape his lungs, He began to twist around and attempted to hit me, I ducked and I felt the air woosh over my hair, I quickly rolled and got some distance between us, I didn't understand, why was he attacking me? Had I failed a test? Was this a test?! If it was.. I wouldn't fail, I charged him again, He was unprepared this time, and to my surprise he didn't block me. I grabbed his mid-section and brought him down to the ground. While falling he began to twist, Landing on his chest so his back wouldn't take the blow, I grabbed one of his arms and pinned it on his back, I applied all my weight on him and it appeared that he couldn't move, He patted my hand and I let go. It seemed like I had won. I got up and reached my hand out to help him up, he accepted it. I turned around and I saw my squad, but more than that I saw at least half of our spartan regiment, all mouths agape, I should've felt like a champion, but I couldn't shake the feeling that Ambrose had let me win. I thought about the details.. How could a 14 year old spartan trainee defeat a completely developed spartan? It didn't make any sense. Ambrose walked behind me and clasped my shoulder. I looked up and saw him smile at me. I asked him later why he let me won. He simply replied, “I don't have the slightest clue of what you're talking about” I left the room still unsatisfied.

Whew... It's been a while!

Sorry about that break, I was otherwise distracted.

Before I begin talking too much I'll post the pictures!

This is the helmet I began with today, at this point it had been sanded to take down all the high edges, and then two layers of bondo has been applied on it, Both layers of bondo were sanded down.
IMG_3814.jpg

Applied spot putty
IMG_3844.jpg

A few minutes of drying and sanding later...
IMG_3863.jpg

IMG_3860.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg

and here's a few more!

IMG_3897.jpg

IMG_3899.jpg

IMG_3902.jpg

IMG_3905.jpg

Well, I still have the better part of my day! So I'm going to keep at it, And there will be another update tonight!

Edit: So that update mentioned above? well.. here it is.
A lot more sanding to come.
IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3907.jpg

Well, don't think I forgot about

Story Time!

Lance, Eric, Shawn, Blake, Kate and I all sat in the round room of Codename: Orion's eye. The walls had a concave shape to them, preventing any electronic signals to escape, It was strange being completely isolated.. That feeling didn't last for long, A crack started to appear in the wall, at first it was just a black line, but as the walls began to separate, outside light started to peek through the crack, A man stood, a silhouette against the light, the man stepped to the side and another, shorter silhouette stood, they both stepped into the room, I recognized lieutenant Ambrose almost immediately, the woman however I had never met before, but none the less, almost everyone in the military knew her, Margaret Orlenda Parangosky. Probably the most powerful woman in the UNSC. She had been reported to be as cold as ice, despite her appearance. This was no lie, she strode across the room with a sense of power, and sat at the black table in the middle of the room. She eyed the crack in the wall, and waited for it to close, the edges met, and once again there was no proof that the door ever existed. Satisfied, she pulled up a small, locked briefcase, she put her finger in the DNA scanner and spoke a code word. The lid popped open,
“Finally” she spoke. She pulled out a piece of paper and layed it on the table in front of us, “You are all hereby sworn to secrecy, all the matters discussed in this room will never leave, breaking this code word secrecy will result in a Court-Marshall punishable by death. Do you understand?” Omega squad replied in unison
“Yes sir!”
“Good, now that we have logistics out of the way we can move on,” she stared straight into my eyes, “I'm not going to lie, we have many things planned for Omega squad” She gestured to Ambrose.
“Omega squad,” he started to say, “you have all performed superbly in your training and in your augmentation, therefore you are the best squad to be assigned to a series of ONI Black Ops.” Parangosky began to talk
“You have all been officially Black listed, You never became Spartans, you never existed.. But, yet.. here you are. These Ops are so secretive that only four people currently know about them, excluding you all of course, When missions have been completed you will come to this room and report the details directly to me. Your first mission is here as follows, A small sub-sect of the Covenant, much like our very own ONI, called the Renegades have been searching the plains of Providence, a small agricultural world for...” she paused searching for the right word. “something, We don't know for sure what they are looking for, we have suspicions that it might be a Forerunner object. One of great power.. We need to get ahead in this war, we don't have much time left. Finding this object will greatly increase our chances of survival.” she looked straight into my eyes again. “Squad leader, do you understand?” I stood, and stared straight back into her eyes, I saluted.
“Yes sir, we're ready” she closed her eyes, and sighed.
“You Spartans are always so eager to die.” she stood, and began to walk to the door, “You ship out at 0:300, as I understand your commander has something to show you,” she approached the door, and it started to hiss open, she turned around, “Remember, keep your secrets,” she rose her finger to her lips and shh'ed, she let out a short laugh, turned around and walked out.

14 days

Why this 14 days you may ask? Well simple, that is how many days left I have to complete one halo 3 Mk VI build and One Mass Effect N7 (Commander Shepard) Build.

after work yesterday I drove into "town" and picked up everything I would possibly need for the next two weeks,
IMG_5365.jpg

this included

1x 1 pound 8 ounce container of bondo
1x 29 fl oz fiberglass resin
8x can of spraypaint - krylon
2x dupli-colour rubberized under coat
4x 10 pc razor blades
1x spotting putty
1x 150pg cardstock
1x tacky glue
3x mouse sander sandpaper 4pk
1x scissors!
8x brush
1x 30pc x-acto knife set :D
1x hot glue gun, (time for an upgrade)
2x 30pc hot glue sticks
2x 5pc razor blade x-acto
1x plastic speaders
1x twizzlers! (already gone :( )

Now, that was was quite the list... but Hopefully it's all I need to complete my costume(s)

Today I received a package that couldn't have come sooner,
Strapping!
IMG_5372.jpg

And that's when I found out I didn't get any adjuster clips.. well. non-adjusting suits it is.. :/

I also got these nifty little clips!
IMG_5387.jpg

And today my goal was to get as much done as possible today, and im still working!

Here is my mass effect costume as to now.
IMG_5409.jpg

the only things that have been plasti-dipped are the biceps, and the pauldron

buuttt.... :D There's more.

99.9% completed thighs and shins! the .1%? Lights, If I have time.
IMG_5419.jpg

IMG_5421.jpg

IMG_5425.jpg

IMG_5427.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back