Carter build (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumba

So after a looong time and some try&errors i have managed to colect all files that i need and start building my carter armor i found somewhere here in forums concept carter helm that i builded but after my wifes sisters came to visit with children the kids got a idea kill a monster (thats what they called my carter concept helmet) so they trashed it but nevermind they are kids so i started building the right one. I dont want you boys and girls to read too much so here are the pics:
try and error
IMG_0713.jpg

Carter concept helmet
IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

And my current build:
IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

And starting to resin you can notice some warping accured as i finished peping it 3 week ago and only yesterday got some time for resing but hopefully i will manage to get it done

IMG_0797.jpg

Great work so far! Pep looks pretty clean, so aside from the warping it shouldn't need a whole lot of Bondo detailing down the road. Good luck!

Pep looks great. As to the warping If.....IF you only have resin on it, then just heat it up a little and pop it back into form.:)
Over all you're work looks great.

Looking good on the pieces so fat keep up the GREAT work! the pepping looks so clean! when I was the first photo on the concept helmet, I thought this kid isn't serious about this helmet. then I read on then I saw the good helmet. lmao

Your pepping is exemplary! I had a doubt when seeing the first picture of the thread, but it vanished pretty quickly (that was one hell of a funny looking helmet ahah).

And yeah, for the wrapping, you can gently heat a resin piece and work with it a bit to pop it back in shape, as long as there is no fiberglass, rondo or bondo on it!

Update: started with hardening chest piece, but didnt manage to straight up that warping guess i'm going to put more bondo on that spots (sorry for low quality pic). Oh and can anyone tell me honestly does helmet look a bit too big?

Another quick update.
I had a change of heart and will use diffrent thigh files, old ones just look to simple :)

img0855o.jpg

img0854x.jpg

And another update this time biceps with alternative way of hardening (mud glassing) not completly finished but looking very good hope after sanding will still look good. Here are the pictures:

img0858qt.jpg

img0857h.jpg

img0856oj.jpg

I will be perfectly honest and say the helmet is a LITTLE big, but not much, I also want to say that the chest piece is also but when (if) you get rid of the little bits stacking out under the armor, then replace them with foam, to make them smaller. Reading that is hell... sorry XD But overall it looks great, I was going through and was like "aww low-def thigh's?" then saw the new ones and went "Right on, good choice!" Good luck with it, have fun!

After this last comment on my helmet (asked for it) I decided to make smaler one so here are the pics:

img4097c.jpg

one on teh right is big one, on left is one that is small and finaly in the middle is one that is just right.

Yes it is but i got some spare time so the smaller and middle one took about 6 days of work (this build is making me a professional in peping hehe) and also in those 6 days i managed to do an iron man mk VIII, yes mk VIII helmet but .pdo is not best and pic will be posted in my iron man thread.

right on man! I did that with my odst too, started too small, second TOO BIG, third one just right :) Nice work too, your pep is really crisp, good luck with the rest of the build

This can be a school to all and any of you guys who like myself dont have much time to work on build, dont ever let peped files wait a long time especially not if you start fiberglassing it and left half finished without materials to lie around THIS CAN HAPPEN:

img0928da.jpg

img0926ko.jpg

img0927z.jpg

Looks like every thing on this build is going to be build at least two times :(
(expanding foam was my last try to get it fixed you can be judge how well my fix go)

Started peping new chest piece on 300gsm paper and made a holder just for it so when im finished with peping for the day it wont (hope so) warp. Will post pics later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back