Halo 4. Master Chief scratch, foam build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
holy jeez. this thing is looking sooooo fricken tight! i want to build a h4 suit but i havent even completed my reach build from last year -___-
keep it up man!

that's freakin amazing!!!!! i thought that i already posted here but i guess not =/ i would've
keep up the good work =D

Mother of God... How did you make the entire chest piece? is it just 3 or 4 large pieces for the structure, then smaller ones for detail? Amazing work for freehand

My best guess is that theres about 40 to 50 pieces that make up the chest so far. Lots more to go. Some small, some a little larger, I'm starting to wish I kept a better template of each piece.

The Mark VII is a lot more complex than any other previous armors in Halo, it has a lot more of small detail pieces and complex forms... You've managed to get yourself challenged quite well there.

The jet pack / boosters were a bit a challenge. There are very few images out there to go by.
c1.jpg
c2.jpg
[/IMG]

The chest piece has been difficult.
I'm just about finished with it now & I think I came up with an good version of it that I can call my own.
I've elected to use the artist images that are out there on the web and not to try to make a copy the blue relm version, yes, theirs is nicer, they do this for a living & have a full studio with an awsome set of tools. I'm just a guy having fun with a utility knife & a glue gun.

c3.jpg
c4.jpg
[/IMG]
c5.jpg
c7.jpg
[/IMG]
c8.jpg
c9.jpg
[/IMG]

A few more adjustments & a little more foam, then the paint.
Thanks for looking & see you on the xbox: gamer tag: ki1l ki1l ki1l
Jim

I have to say friend. This is pretty damn impressive. I'm wondering what your gonna do about the undersuit. As with the REACH armor it's pretty prominent. I think 343 and Bungie conspired to have more cowbell...er..I mean...MORE undersuit!

to: Alix965
Once I get to the under suit I have an idea I'm going to try. In my eyes this is nothing more than a costume. The entire thing is all about the visual impression & illusion, not the actual true physical characteristics. Foam or fiber glass & bondo can never take the place of any sort if combat body armor, but we all try to craft it to look like something that does, that’s the big illusion (I never thought of it till just now but I guess that makes us all “illusionist” of some sort). I have no sewing skills, & the last thing I want to be wearing is an extra layer that’s typically accompanied with a thick under suit here in the Florida heat. I’ve put some thought into an a idea that I haven’t seen out there yet (maybe I’m just not looking hard enough). If it turns out the way I’d hope it does, it will get posted here.
I’m betting on the notion of: It’s not how or what it’s made of. It all comes down to just one thing, what it looks like it’s made of. Meanwhile my focus is still the outer armor.
Thanks
Jim.

I saw this, my brain burst out of my head, typed this message, then exploded from amazement. I would give anything to have an ounce of your foam skills. Just wow.

Gahhhh. Why? Why?! Don't tempt me with such amazing pictures of your Halo 4 armor! I need to finish my Reach suit first!
On a serious note; Great job. You're quite the foam-worker, my friend. I cannot wait to see how this turns out. :)

Also the 4th picture you posted (it has the forearm and bicep pieces) it appears that there are two sets of arm armor. Are you making two Chief suits?

Yes I am (I still have to start the second chest piece yet).

Just in case someone out there decides that they have to have one but they don't have the time to make one for themselfs.

This is mental good. I thought I was doing well with my MK VI but then you made me feel like I took the easy option. Mind blowingly good man, tres bon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back