Halo 4. Master Chief scratch, foam build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your skill with foam is awe-inspiring, sir. I pray you've kept whatever templates you've drawn to share with us mere mortals?

You have inspired me to try a foam build. Love it! Really love your deformations on the helmet visors from the pics..what method did you use for that? Keep up the awesome work

Seriously dude, I almost fainted!!! this is so sick dude!! I love it! you're pretty awesome with foams eh?
this is what i look like right now
1282786204310.jpg

then again, it's beautiful!! :D keep us posted!!

You have inspired me to try a foam build. Love it! Really love your deformations on the helmet visors from the pics..what method did you use for that? Keep up the awesome work

It was part of the first build I did about 9 months or so ago. I saw people were taking 2 visors & cutting one up & overlaying them. This looks like it has become the most excepted way to build the visor & some may argue the only correct way. I thought that there might be an easier way to achieve the effect seen in the game. To me either way doesn't quite nail it, but they each achieived a close-to accurate effect.
I found a graphic arts tape out there that's made with a gold finish (ebay).
Simply cut it to the desired length and pattern, & carefully stick it to the visor.
The adhesive is not the best. You will need to be very gentle when cleaning the finger prints from your visor from this point on.
v1.jpg
v2.jpg
[/IMG]
v3.jpg
v4.jpg
[/IMG]

The way I came up may not look as good, but as far as I'm concerned (being just a noob) it's a much simpler way to go & looks pretty good.

Golly gee, this is nifty. What are your plans for padding the helmet? Or is that finished?

I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not, but I used the same 1/2" EVA floor mat foam for the liner that I'm using on my new armor. That stuff has a lot uses.
photoMA30010180-0001.jpg
[/IMG]
I also used the same method on my REACH helmet & will do the same for the new one that goes with the MK VII.

Im loving everything about this! your a foam god! haha how do you get the foam to mold the way it does?

i cant stop checking for updates!! do you or does anyone have the helmet designed yet?? id love ot have made that by the halo 4 release! :D great work again! :)

Thanks, I ended up using the artists images that are out there along with a low res image of the new Halo toy that's coming out.
The images I looked at appear to be different from the Blue Realm version?

Blue Realm's H4 armor was a "beta". It was one of the early versions of the armor, not meant to be a final version. They were hired to make it in time for the announcement of the game.

So basically you youst see pictures of the chief's halo 4 armor and draw it on paper, cut it out for scaling purpouses and they make them on foam and this is it? i youst dont know how capture the details. Awesome please reply when you can sir i really want to learn a few things about this build since i dont have a pc and have to learn to really capture detail instead of making weird pieces of armor by my own as ai fail to do so on my armor and plan to make it again but more halo rather than something youst made out of weirdness and unhalo if you will.
The chest piece has been difficult.
I'm just about finished with it now & I think I came up with an good version of it that I can call my own.
I've elected to use the artist images that are out there on the web and not to try to make a copy the blue relm version, yes, theirs is nicer, they do this for a living & have a full studio with an awsome set of tools. I'm just a guy having fun with a utility knife & a glue gun.

c3.jpg
c4.jpg
[/IMG]
c5.jpg
c7.jpg
[/IMG]
c8.jpg
c9.jpg
[/IMG]

A few more adjustments & a little more foam, then the paint.
Thanks for looking & see you on the xbox: gamer tag: ki1l ki1l ki1l
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back