Halo 4. Master Chief scratch, foam build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking great!! Eagerly awaiting updates. Is the foam you bought originally green colored? What store did you get it from? Link?

Looking great!! Eagerly awaiting updates. Is the foam you bought originally green colored? What store did you get it from? Link?

Most of the foam is the standard puzzle piece grey shop floor matts. The other foam used is the craft store 1/4" 9x12 foam sheets.

I've been side-tracked with 4 other builds, but tonight...........tonight I'm back to work on this one.

Just blown away man... This is amazing. I really don't have anything else to say, looking forward to more!

How do you manage such angel silky smooth bonds between your pieces?! Mine always come out with some kind of gap. What is this trickery! I demand (Pweeeze) the answer to this dark magic! Is it just smooth cuts with the hot knife or what? I just don't see how you get the seams completely sealed shut. I would love to see some kind of video/images or something of your gluing process, I am dumbfounded with how ridiculously good your armor looks!

I think we would all benefit from some sort of tutorial, the level of precision in your curves and cuts are impressive!

I think we would all benefit from some sort of tutorial, the level of precision in your curves and cuts are impressive!

I was thinking about this last night as I was cutting pieces out gluing them & then throwing them away after I didn't like the way they looked ( I do that a lot). Here’s the only secrete to clean seams & curves I discovered, & it won't need a tutorial.
#1 I use only SHARP blades, change them frequently clean cut edges make for clean seams & clean curves. There are times I only get one small piece of foam cut per blade. Sometimes I get more, but as soon as it stops cutting & starts tearing, even slightly, that blade is history.
#2 & the most important thing: I Don't take hi-res / close-ups of my work. That way you don't see the flaws as much :)

Keep in mind, like some of you I'm new at this as well. I'm just kind-of figuring it out as I go. For every piece I make that I'm happy with, you can bet there are 2 or 3 that went in the trash. I've learned to accept the fact that it may take several attempts at each little piece before I'm satisfied with the result.
Thanks
Jim

Wow, this is really epic! I'm a noob and just starting to plan my first build. I want to make it with foam cause it looks and from what I've heard, is faster and easier if you know what you are doing. This will give me some inspiration from the pure awsome that is your build! Keep up the good work!

wow...amazing job indeed! The fact that this whole build is made without templates or guides of any sort is just remarkable. I envy your artistic skill.

Keep up the good work!

I started working on the strapping / fitting & mounting the shoulders arms & chest piece.
This weekend my goal is to knock out the cod piece & get a big chunk of the pep put together on the new H4 helmet.
I'll update this thread on Sunday.

d21.jpg
d22.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for looking
My son took the pics so there a little fuzzy.
Jim.

I started working on the stapping / fitting & mounting the shoulders arms & chest piece.
This weekend my goal is to knock out the cod piece & get a big chunk of the pep put together on the new H4 helmet.
I'll update this thread on Sunday.

d21.jpg
d22.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for looking
My son took the pics so there a little fuzzy.
Jim.

Whaitaminute... that looks like my kitchen.... WHO ARE YOU?!?!?!?!

But seriously, amazing work so far dude!

Man, this looks so legit. for a scratch built, i dare say I like it more than the blue realm suit lol.

Word of warning on the helm, I'm working on it atm, and lets just say it's....difficult, It is rather hard to pep, a lot of the pieces work on the screen, but they just don't seem to line up right for some reason. I started on the top portion, and did it in sections then joined it, and while it looks, OK, it's not to my liking.
Anyway, point being, be prepared to spend some time, and even redo it a few times maybe.
(btw not trying to bag on the un folder in any way)

Man, you do have some amazing foam skills. At first I say to myself that I will never make Halo 4 armor. The helmet itself was already a killer. After seeing what you accomplished, it really inspires me.

Can't wait to see this finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back