Metroid - Samus Aran [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russett

Hey there! everyone! thanks for taking the time to peek at this thread :)

I plan on building a Samus costume for my girlfriend and want it to be ready for halo-ween! Unfortunately i have been looking for weeks and couldn't find any Pepakura files for this, the only thing i have found was a small model of her on nintendopapercraft.com.
samusaran.png

The model is beautiful and opens with Pepakura, but the only problem i have with it is when i scale it to be life-sized and try to move/cut parts, Pepakura crashes!
(if anyone can actually do this without crashing i would really appreciate some kind person to unfold it into different parts, your name will be on the finished product when done)

I have also found another that is already life-size with no textures, but the download for it has completely disappeared from the Internets!
↓↓ This is the one i'm talking about ↓↓
il_570xN.330291248.jpg

if anyone has that model i would love to give it a try!

i would much rather have the textured model though :)

Anyway, ill keep in contact! Thanks to everyone for keeping my projects going :)

EDIT: Added Pepakura + References for download!

If anyone is interested, i have compiled the files i have found and used and a few progress pics together up for download

https://www.mediafire.com/?23l679bk7bzkjpd

I can't get the page to open. It redirects me when I try to open your link, but I'll PM you my e-mail. If you could please send the files to me I'll see if I can scale em up for ya.

I hope you do realize that it'll be impossible to put anyone into that suit in real life... It will require some serious modifications!

I hope you do realize that it'll be impossible to put anyone into that suit in real life... It will require some serious modifications!

Thanks for the boat of confidence! I appreciate you taking time out of your day to tell me it's impossible :)
Yes I realize it will take some modifications, but a challenge is a challenge
That's exactly what people told me when I was building the Combat Evolved Mark V :)

i wish you luck in this venture, I LOVE metroid, it was one of the very first games i fell in love with when i was little. so it would be awesome to see this come to life. I have a feeling this is one build that would work very well with foam honestly.

A challenge? Yes. Impossible? Nearly nothing is impossible with the right mind set and determination. I love the Metroid series and will definetly be subscribing to this thread. I'll keep my eye out for any Samus pep files for you too!

My friend, looks great so far keep up the good work

Amigo mio, se ve excelente hasta el momento siga con el buen trabajo

That large-scale pepakura model looks an awful lot like the 3D model I've been using for reference. Mine is in gmax format, and I have it split up into several pieces (you can see it in the background, behind the pic of the forearm sculpt, in my Samus thread). There is a gmax script to export the model into .obj format, which you should be able to import into Pepakura Designer. I can send you those, if you like, but it might be best to go to the source... Here is the guy's Flickr thread, maybe there's a contact link in there somewhere...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12135379@N04/sets/72157628526684947/with/6944527824/

I read the comments briefly, and it looks like you can PM him for the files. Word of caution, though, to make it wearable, you will DEFINITELY need to tweak the files in a 3D program first!! Heck, I had to squash the helmet to even use it as a reference because the width to height ratio is no good for a human head.

GOOD LUCK!!

That large-scale pepakura model looks an awful lot like the 3D model I've been using for reference. Mine is in gmax format, and I have it split up into several pieces (you can see it in the background, behind the pic of the forearm sculpt, in my Samus thread). There is a gmax script to export the model into .obj format, which you should be able to import into Pepakura Designer. I can send you those, if you like, but it might be best to go to the source... Here is the guy's Flickr thread, maybe there's a contact link in there somewhere...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12135379@N04/sets/72157628526684947/with/6944527824/

I read the comments briefly, and it looks like you can PM him for the files. Word of caution, though, to make it wearable, you will DEFINITELY need to tweak the files in a 3D program first!! Heck, I had to squash the helmet to even use it as a reference because the width to height ratio is no good for a human head.

GOOD LUCK!!

I'll try contacting him, but I believe he wants money for it cause he tried to sell it on Ebay, lol

Hey I think I have the files you are looking for let me know if you still need them.

Thank you for sending the files to me, but i need a set of Hi-Def files, those ones were kinda blocky lol :)

I happen to have a few game-ripped files if you're in need of them. I've got the Varia Suit set (as well as the Varia Suit from Other M), the Prime 2: Echoes set and a model of Dark Samus, if you want them (and I could probably dig up the PED Suit as well if you gave me enough time). They're reasonably decent in their definition (ShadoKat had them for his project as well) and I'd be more than happy to share them with you.

I happen to have a few game-ripped files if you're in need of them. I've got the Varia Suit set (as well as the Varia Suit from Other M), the Prime 2: Echoes set and a model of Dark Samus, if you want them (and I could probably dig up the PED Suit as well if you gave me enough time). They're reasonably decent in their definition (ShadoKat had them for his project as well) and I'd be more than happy to share them with you.

Yea sure! I can give you my Email if you can send them to me,
That would be ossim! I'll take a look :)

PMs sent with the link to the files, since I got half-a-dozen requests. Use them well, guys.

Thank you so much Master, this is the most beautiful Samus model i have ever seen!
samuspic.png

Stay tuned, i have a lot of work to do yet before i can even print it out LOL! and hopefully it doesn't crash! (i tested a few times and it doesn't seem like it will crash)

lolpepakura.png

..... O.O !!!

Welll, that is a LOT of edges... on second thought if it does crash i'm just gonna buy Pepakura so i can save my work constantly. LOL!

seriously, i really hope that part of that "a lot of work to do yet" involves getting yourself a 3d program and sectioning it out! also, the shoulder bells and i think the shins are symmetrical, so you'll only need to unfold once and print twice. but, yeah, definitely break it up before trying to go at it in pepakura designer... unless pepakura designer does that now?

seriously, i really hope that part of that "a lot of work to do yet" involves getting yourself a 3d program and sectioning it out! also, the shoulder bells and i think the shins are symmetrical, so you'll only need to unfold once and print twice. but, yeah, definitely break it up before trying to go at it in pepakura designer... unless pepakura designer does that now?

I have actually thought about that previously, bit I figure if I sectioned it out it will end up with me having to re-scale every part perfectly, I might as well do it all in one shot anyway rather than having the risk of a chibi looking samus
Oh and my girlfriend is about 5'3 , so I should add a few inches like to 5'7 ???

Fixed. Working on it, PM going out as soon as it's done.

Yea Paige was the one who supplied the model and did some editing, the model was split up in weird spots (those red lines when you unfold something) and he fixed it so I will be doing the full scale model rather than just part-by-part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back