In memory of my Dog (2000-2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unity

Well everyone ,

at around 2:30pm , my Golden Retriever, got a severe nose bleed and started coughing up blood . We tried to stop it , but eventually had to call the local animal hospital for an emergency visit. The Doctor had never seen a Dog bleed like that in his 25 some years of being a vet . There was nothing he could do . We had to have him put down . He died at 3:05pm EST . We've had Regis for 12 years (I was 3 when we got him) and I don't remember a time without him.
For those who don't know , I'm one of the younger 'active' members on the forums (I'm 15) and this has to be the toughest thing I've ever done. Now, I have gone through the death of two of our previous animal companions before (I believe that is more fitting than the word 'pet') But this has to be the worst I've gone through . His death wasn't as humane as it should have been. I was there the moment his life was gone. The last thing he saw was My Mother (his favorite human around here) and I . The Vet was injecting him and he started to fight it . This caused the vet to have to pull the needle out and try again (with half of the injection already in his system) This caused Regis to die a slow and miserable death . He slowly slipped under and , eventually , his breathing slowed . As he laid there , covered in blood (My father and myself included) He wagged his tail for one last time.
He will always be remembered as the best dog my family has ever had the privilege of sharing our home with . We have four other animals (a Black Lab , and three cats) who are lost at this time . Thank you for reading this . I'll post some pictures of him through the years at the bottom of the post.

-Jacob

In Loving memory of Regis Betts (2000-2012)

Regis1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey bro, im 15 as well; a hard age to lose a friend. You have my deepest sympathy and i hope you are pulling through ok. I cant imagine the feeling of loseing one of my own 2 pups. Regis is one of the cutest Golden Retreivers i've seen, and though we have not been aquainted he will be missed. You Have My Prayers.

It is never easy to lose a family member my friend. You have my condolences. *man hug*

Hey bro, im 15 as well; a hard age to lose a friend. You have my deepest sympathy and i hope you are pulling through ok. I cant imagine the feeling of loseing one of my own 2 pups. Regis is one of the cutest Golden Retreivers i've seen, and though we have not been aquainted he will be missed. You Have My Prayers.

Rest in peace, my furry friend. :(

It is never easy to lose a family member my friend. You have my condolences. *man hug*

be at peace, Ragis

Thank you all . Today was rough . I appreciate all of the kind comments guys .

Thanks again :)

Jacob

I'm 13 and i my dog passed away when i was around 6. It was sad cause someone drug him/her (i dont remember the name or it's a female or male)
Hope your dog rest in peace :) and may God be with you through the hard times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back