First Try: Halo CE Mark V - W.I.P (PIC Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan 1004

Jr Member
Hello everybody!

First of all: Excuse me for my bad english :p I'm from Switzerland and I speak German normally.

Back to topic: I am a BIG HALO Fan since i played HALO CE back in 2003! I searched already three years ago for a good Spartan Armor to buy. But i couldn't find anything. Two Month's ago i searched once again for a good Spartan Armor. I found those 600 Dollar Crap from Rubies. First i thought: THIS IS IT! But i read a lot about this Ruby-Costume and it seems to be cheap ****.

I gave up TILL i found some Videos on Youtube with really cool Spartan Armor. Everybody on Youtube talked about "405th.com" and thats how I came here! I read a lot of diffrent Threads about making a own Armor and now i want to try my first armor by myself.

I choosed something easy for the Beginning. I'm gonna do the Mark V Armor. :)

Here are some Parts, which i did with normal Printpaper. Those Parts are just Tests, to see if they fit me. I didn't scale those files. I used the original Size. And i got to say: They fit me very well. :)

I'm gonna start tomorrow with the real Armor. But here I got some Photos of the Testparts for you guys. The folds are not perfect because I did everything very quick. And I didnt use Hotglue. Only normal Stickglue. The main Reason for those parts were just to see, if they fit me.

I will update everything about my Armor in this Thread. I am using the MOZ Files. But I am planing to use the Mark VI Helmet instead of the Mark V Helmet. I already tried the Mark VI Helmet with Printpaper. You can take a Look at it.

So here we go:
Tell me what you think about the size of the parts? Like I told before: I didnt scale the Parts. I used the original Size of the Files. And i feel like it fits me well. Some Parts have enough Space for the Foam I want to put inside of the Armor. Sorry for the bad Camera Quality. I took this with my Sony Ericsson Xperia like you can see. :)

Right Shin and Boot
14mumpz.jpg

Right Forearm
21kjxjd.jpg

The Mark VI Helmet (already little bit destroyed lol)
8wfebq.jpg

Right Bicep and Forearm
2qncnk3.jpg

I'm waiting for your Feedback guys. Do the Parts look too big or small or is it okay?

Greets
Spartan 1004

Last edited by a moderator:
The shin is too short, it needs to be slightly longer to fit down more of your shin, but other than that everything seems to be the right size. I didnt even realize the pep was regular paper, or rushed, it looks pretty good right now, cant wait to see the real results

The shin is too short, it needs to be slightly longer to fit down more of your shin, but other than that everything seems to be the right size. I didnt even realize the pep was regular paper, or rushed, it looks pretty good right now, cant wait to see the real results

Thats right. I had the same feeling after trying the Shin. It seems to be too short. I'm gonna measure my Shin tomorrow before I start. Or maybe i can use the Shin of Rhinoc.
Thanks a lot for your feedback :) I will start tomorrow with the real armor and I hope I can post some pictures tomorrow evening. I will start with the forearms and the Biceps.

Greets Spartan 1004

Looking solid so far, as Sgt Forge said, you shin should be a little bit longer than that. Can I ask why you are making the Mk VI instead of the Mk V helmet? Just wondering, it seems like a nice twist. Also the armor on the Halo: Combat Evolved Mark V looked more bulky than the ones I have seen be created on these forums, don't know if you are going for bulk or fit, but it's turning out really good :)

Looking solid so far, as Sgt Forge said, you shin should be a little bit longer than that. Can I ask why you are making the Mk VI instead of the Mk V helmet? Just wondering, it seems like a nice twist. Also the armor on the Halo: Combat Evolved Mark V looked more bulky than the ones I have seen be created on these forums, don't know if you are going for bulk or fit, but it's turning out really good :)

Thanks for your feedback. I will try to make the shin longer ;) But i wont change the width because otherwise it would be too big for me. I will try to change only the length.

I want to build both Helmets. Mark V and Mark VI. But I will do the helmets at the end after all other Parts. The main reason why I decided to build the Mark V armor is because it seems to be the easiest armor so far. And beside of that, HALO CE is still the best HALO Game ;)

Greetings

Spartan1004

Halo Combat Evolved is the best Halo game to date, but Halo 3 had the most AMAZING soundtrack I've ever heard or ever will!

Hi Guys

I got now everything what I need to start the real Thing. I did both Forearms now BUT I made them bigger than the Testforearm, where I used the original Size of the MOZ Files instead of my own Measurment. But now i scaled the forearms to my size because i had the feeling they were a little bit too small.

The thing is: The Biceps already fits me perfectly in the original size. So I dont got to scale it up like I did it with the forearms. Size of the Forearms: 270mm hight und Size of the Bicep is 327. I think this should be good enough.

Here I took two pictures with the new Forearm. I put the Testbicep on. What do you think? Does it match? Or should i make the biceps a little bit bigger?

r033v5.jpg

2gtqkd3.jpg

I will do both Biceps tomorrow. And by the way: Pepakura works perfectly with Photopaper :) I took 200 g/m2 Photopaper and I dont got any Problems.

Greets

Spartan1004

Both the forearm and bicep look to be sized perfectly! Nice job!
Thanks! Nice to hear that. First i thought the biceps would be too small. :)

I wonder if photo paper will accept resin as well...
I wonder too. I will try it after pepping the Rest and let you know :) I hope so. I couldn't find Cardstock in my Area and thats why i bought Photopaper.

Looks like you hit that scaling on the head mein bruder, the arms look perfect so far. Looking good
Haha thanks for your feedbacks bruder :)

At the Moment I'm having a Problem with the belt. I took my measure and scaled the belt. But it was still too small. Damn it. Got to do it again but I will work on this after the other Parts.

Good job pepping so far! Nice to see people wanting to build this :)
Im gonna keep my eye on this build ,
If you need help with anything just ask or read the stickies, we are a very friendly community and I don't mind helping out :)

Good job pepping so far! Nice to see people wanting to build this :)
Im gonna keep my eye on this build ,
If you need help with anything just ask or read the stickies, we are a very friendly community and I don't mind helping out :)

Thanks a lot for your feedback! I am reading in your Mark V Thread every day to inspire myself! You did a great Job! I hope mine will look good aswell. At the Moment I got a Problem with the Belt. I scaled to my size but it is still too small. I think I will just add some extrainches. :) Next Parts I am planing are both Biceps and the handplates.

Greets
Spartan 1004

Nice! Looking at my CE Mk. V figure, those second batch of pieces look about right.
Thanks a lot for your feedback :) I hope so.

Here are two new Pictures. I did both biceps and they fit well I think.

16ii8wn.jpg

106lnxz.jpg

I hope I will have enough time tomorrow, to work on the Chest. But I'm not shure because I got to go to a Videoclipshooting. But otherwise i will continue with the Shins.
I bought some Resin and Fiberglas today. I will resin all the parts after finishing the Pepwork. I hope Photopaper accepts Resin. Otherwise I'm fucked lol

Greets, Spartan1004

Great. I think I can't continue my Project for a while because I read Photopaper wouldn't work to resin und fiberglas it. And I can't find any store int his god damned area to buy card stock! All they have is normal Printpaper or Photopaper. And now I bought 200 Sheets of Photopaper for nothing. -.- I'm really pissed off right now.

Edit: I talked to a friend of me, who will visit me this weekend from Germany. He will bring me some 160g Paper. So I got to wait till Monday to start the work again.

Hi Guys

Excuse me for the double post! So the new Paper is here. AND IT IS YELLOW! :D Whatever, i started yesterday with the Chestpiece. I used the Files from Rhinoc and scaled it to my Size. The width of my chest is 350mm and i added 20mm extra and scaled it to 370mm.

This was the most difficult part till now and I think there won't be anything more difficult on this armor. ;) And I am NOT shure, if this is the right Size. I took some pictures and I hope you guys can tell me if this fits me or not.

And now straight to the pictures!

Take One ( I put the biceps and the forearms on, just to see how it looks like)
jkyw0k.jpg

Sideview
2dbkxsp.jpg

Frontview
2r2noci.jpg

And here something else. The first Pep I ever made for fun. Iron Man Testhelmet.
2uf4qjm.jpg

Should i re-pep the Chest bigger or is it good enough?
PS: I know my fishtank in the back looks VERY dirty but there is NO Fish in it. All our Guppys are living the big 500 Liter Tank in our Livingroom. But I was too... lazy to bring this old tank out of my room. Im gonna do it this wednesday with my Brother. ;)

So far, have a nice day
Spartan1004

Hmm...couldn't really say. Does it fit snug? It may be a little too small but what do I know, im a noob. Best of luck to your mark v. I was also planning on making a mark v, but changed my mind.

Hmm...couldn't really say. Does it fit snug? It may be a little too small but what do I know, im a noob. Best of luck to your mark v. I was also planning on making a mark v, but changed my mind.

I had the same feeling. I think it is a little bit too small compared to the forearms and the biceps. But I will continue with the other parts, before I retry the chest once again. Because the chest was very annoying to do lol.

Edit: Can I ask why you changed your mind? Is there any reason?

Hey Guys! Sorry for the doublepost!

I'm back after three Month's! I didn't have Time to work on my Armor because I was very busy. But now I have Time again to work on my Armor. Today I worked on the Peps for both Biceps and Forearms. What do you think Guys? Does it fit me or is it too big/small? Measurements: Biceps both 335 mm hight and both forearms 275mm hight...

Some Pics
eb4f9k.jpg

x26qkh.jpg

14mud93.jpg

2u6mjd2.jpg

2n64tq8.jpg

2vdqo12.jpg

20kvs6e.jpg

154k3zk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.