Davik's Noble Six Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davik

WORKING HUD WILL BE CREATED IN THE HELMET

Closest possible with Vanity:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/144/b/4/davik_by_daviktion-d50xt00.png
if someone can tell me how to embed it in a post, I'd be really happy.

Hello everyone, I'm puttin' in my Halo Reach Noble Six Build so far, it's about 20% completed. I did it in a vid, because the camera can never catch the pep files quite right. WIll be resining next week, or perhaps the week after, as school ends next week.

Edit of about 30 seconds later....

I forgot to tell my loadout.

Helmet: Grenadier UA

Chest: Default,(The X shape really gets me)

Rt. Arm: EVA EDIT: I will be using the COMMANDO shoulder, but they will be interchangeable, so I can choose.

Lft. Arm: ODST

Utillity: Hard armor(the one that kinda wraps around) Will be changed to the soft bag type thing, but it will be interchangeable, so I can chose anything.

Attachment: Tacpad, or the UA/Bracer, not sure yet.

This build will be completed with a 2-mile communication system, fans, lights, a working HUD (yeah, I know how to make a cheap one) and I will be eventually selling props, such as ARs, and Magnums, then working into ODST helmets. after my armor.

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like you got yourself a plan, and a lot of work to do! i really want to see how you pull off the HUD, cause one of the concerns is that it's too close to your face and your eyes can't focus on anything that small and that close... good luck!

Thank you, I have several friends, who are pilots. They work with HUD a lot, and say they are too expensive, so they showed me a really clever way to get one in my armor for about 20 bucks.

hmm... I agree with andrew.. it's a lot of work.. but with patience, you'll do well.. and about the HUD, did your pilot friends say you can't spill the trick in public? well... Goodluck dude :D keep us updated with your build!

best of luck to you on your build, i would comment on your progress, but im too lazy to watch a video! haha! :p post some pics for all us lazy forum goers! what do you plan to strengthen the armor with?

Haha, well said darth, xD I'm too lazy to watch the vid too.... lol. but we're not saying those vids are for nothing though... I, for one, would rather see pics :D

Seen the vid, I'm still waiting to see the pic's of this great build.
Workin' on it, thanks for complimenting! I've started an AR to go with it too, and I'll be finishing/resining that this week, a slight delay on the armor. Oh, the colors are Primary: Forest Secondary: Steel Pheonix emblem.

OKay fellas ,I'll get some pics when I"m a little further along, right now I've just pepped a few parts. No progress until next week, as I must go to my great grandma's funeral in Oklahoma. we're gonna be there for 4 days, but I don't know when we're leaving. I am going to harden it with mostly fiberglass and resin, but I am going to Rondo the weapons, as I can yield a better product in a small part with that. i.e. clip, magnum, grenade. Question: What do people usually do for the UNSC symbol on the chest armor? it seems pretty detailed, and I don't know how I should go about making a stencil for it.

Alright, I'll get them up, but it is still in the pepakura stage. I'll be hardening once I have a few more parts done. I like doing everything to one stage of completion, and then move on the the next, with everything.

If you're going with that plan where you want to start hardening when you have plenty of pieces pepped, make sure they stay in a place where they won't warp, cause that was my plan before and my pieces warped.. so now I'm going piece by piece, just a tip :D

If you're going with that plan where you want to start hardening when you have plenty of pieces pepped, make sure they stay in a place where they won't warp, cause that was my plan before and my pieces warped.. so now I'm going piece by piece, just a tip :D

How do they warp? like in the sun?

I typically set my pieces in the sun, but I'm sure to place them on a very flat and even surface. When you do this however, be sure you are using thin coats of resin. I've not personally had any issues while using this method.

-Matt

I typically set my pieces in the sun, but I'm sure to place them on a very flat and even surface. When you do this however, be sure you are using thin coats of resin. I've not personally had any issues while using this method.

-Matt

That was my plan, thanks, but he meant before resining, as in sitting on your shelf begging to be resined. I have had some sag happen with my helm, but it oughta be okay.

Really looking forward to the HUD. I want to see how you do it. :) It sounds super nifty, and incredibly inexpensive. I will wait for an update!

Cool, thanks! I have the helmet nearly complete, needs padding, visor, and HUD display. little bit more hardening to do, but it's fully painted.

That was my plan, thanks, but he meant before resining, as in sitting on your shelf begging to be resined. I have had some sag happen with my helm, but it oughta be okay.

Ah, gotcha. In that case, I follow the same method as mentioned before, using a flat level surface, but I try to keep them in the house in a low-humidity environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back