[FINISHED!!!]] Halo Reach Armor (Foam and Fiberglasbuild)

Status
Not open for further replies.
das pattex zeug ist die pattex power knete. ist ein zwei komponenten epoxy zeug wie "magic clay" aus amerika.

Update: I painted some armor pieces. to pictures will come in a few hours. but here is my nearly finished helmet.
only the pattern inside the helmet and some spots to fix (close function of the backside) is left.

hope you like my halo reach jun helmet ;)
IMG_20120727_124546.jpg
IMG_20120805_164437-1.jpg

IMG_20120805_164425.jpg

ps: also the electronic is missing ^^

Wow this build looks awesome. You've inspired me to get started on a foam build, My only problem is I've given myself a 24 day deadline for it and I'm short on funds :eek

I've downloaded the templates in your first post to get me started. Are they to scale or will they need adjusting? Any help you can give will be very much appreciated.

every single piece you downloaded needs adjustments. iam 1,83m tall and i dont really know if any piece on the first post has the correct and final scale.
the chest piece needs to be scaled between the shoulder angles otherwise the piece is to heavy and you cant turn around your head ;)

24 days looks way to short... but foam is the fastes alternative in armor building. if you dont want to have a high detail one, you can chose a low detail chest. this saves you a lot of time. my chest tooks 3 days :-/

It's a short ammount of time but I have a head start as I've already got a helmet peped and resined.
I should be able to spend around 7-8 hours a day on it so hopefully the build will go quite quickly.

Can you remember the scale you used? I'm about 175cm tall so your scale would be a good starting point.

the file in the download list is the correct scale i used.
but my chest piece is a little hughe.
the current scale size is w431mm. now i prefer w421mm. tomorrow i can upload the rest of the files i used (shoulder attachment, boots, forearm and so on).

good look with your project.

hugh update:
today i finished finally the electronic of the helmet and the body parts. iam nearly done with the painting process and the helmet looks really great. after i decided to make a undersuit too i finished the neck seal. its made out of faux leather and needed 3 days for the modelling part and 4 hours and 1 testfile for the final result.

i offer you the pdo and hope that you like the result. my coming undersuit and my neck seal is inspired by adam (best regards).
hope you like the result. some pics will come soon.

the neck seal: http://www.4shared.com/file/zyRM1Lpe/405th-neck-seal.html?refurl=d1url
th_IMG_20120812_162106.jpg th_IMG_20120812_162120.jpg
th_IMG_20120812_162330.jpg th_IMG_20120812_162225.jpg th_IMG_20120812_162230.jpg th_IMG_20120812_162244.jpg

the electronic:
th_IMG_20120813_130821.jpg th_IMG_20120813_130847.jpg th_IMG_20120814_231505.jpg

Woooop wooooop . i love the instinct for improvising ! :p

nice update i enjoy the awesome stuff here

Weiter achen !

This build is incredible! The detail is fantastic! :D

I'm trying to get a hold of the same type of foam padding you used. May I ask where you got it? I can only find pads that have texture on them. I cant find any smooth sided ones. Thanks!

th_IMG_20120815_142053.jpg

2 days left and the clock until the deadline is ticking...
parts left in painint: boots and knife
all parts have to strap to my body. the helmet needs the padding.

i finished my second halo armor ;) hope you like to quality. in the next 2 month i will start a new softarmor. this one have some weird spots. the pictures are in the first post ;)

they surely does ;) nextyear i will print cards with my name and phonenumber on it ;)
hehe

Here is the idea how i attached the shoulder / biceps piece to my undersuit.

th_IMG_20120902_151543.jpg th_IMG_20120902_151501.jpg th_IMG_20120902_151532.jpg th_IMG_20120902_151618.jpg

th_IMG_20120902_151821.jpg

th_ov7rr.jpg

Hope this could help ;)

EDIT: Problem solved.
I flipt a part.

Hi nice Build
I have a question.
I start my own build and have a problem by making the chest.
I mark the parte in one of your pics:

The problem is by me is the part to long.
I bend it but it won't fit.
I use the same templat like you.

I hope you can help me.

sry for the late answer... its great that you solved your problem. the reach chest is really hard to build and iam very happy, that the chest game out so well after the huge amout of issues.

today i ordered a voice amplifier and micro speakers. i want to add a voice output of my own voice because everyone know the damn problem, that no one can understand you with the helmet on :)
hope that the i get the mail soon because i only have the weekend to add the voice changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back