My Son's Noble Spartan - NOW COMPLETE - Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
What that guy's doing in his photo is what the University of Texas Longhorns do for team spirit. . . . Hook 'em Horns. . . LOL
ROTFL he was actually attending an international meeting...by the way I don't want to bore you all and maybe, one day, I'll be there un USA too ;)

Today I started my son's undersuit with eva foam thank to your instructions; what about your own suit?

Very nice work for your son, amazing job, just curious how you started cause I've heard different things. Did you print then fold all the moutains and valleys and then cut out all the pieces or cut the pieces out and the fold everything?

Woooooooooooo! Yes Spartan_127! Texas all the way! (ha ha I go to school there)

Well can I get a hell yeah!?!?!?! LOL! :D

ROTFL he was actually attending an international meeting...by the way I don't want to bore you all and maybe, one day, I'll be there un USA too ;)

Today I started my son's undersuit with eva foam thank to your instructions; what about your own suit?

I was looking at that. Just keep it simple for him. He's a little bitty thing so it won't take much to limit his movements. I like what you've got together so far. Just take you time with the foam and use heat to shape it how you want it.

Very nice work for your son, amazing job, just curious how you started cause I've heard different things. Did you print then fold all the moutains and valleys and then cut out all the pieces or cut the pieces out and the fold everything?

Thanks. Compliments are always appreciated.
I started with a lot of trial and error to see what would work for me. I couldn't do the cut out every part and have a messy pile sitting there. (I guess it's OCD . . . . LOL!) What I would do is start with a section of the part I was working on and just cut out the pieces that I needed. When I was done cutting out the pieces that I needed that's when I would do the the mountain and valley folds. I actually got to where on a lot of pieces, I would score the folds before I cut out the pieces and found that for me if it were big pieces, it would speed up the process for me. But it only seemed to speed up things if it were big pieces without a lot of folds. . . . LOL! I got to where I could cut everything out freehand also. I tried to use a ruler and all that jaz to make things straight, but I had better luck keeping it straight without the ruler. . . :p Just make sure you score lightly or you may lose you tabs after you try to glue them and find yourself in a pickle. Also, I don't know if anyone else does this on their valley folds, but I would go down the line and poke holes through it with the knife and then flip the page over and score the valley on the back side so it would be nice and crisp when folded. So, the mountain folds I'd do on the printed side and the valley folds on the non-printed side.

It is pretty much all personal preference and you have to see what will work for you and be the most comfortable. Having worked with hobby knives a lot for different things, I was already use to the free hand cuts and everything, so trying to use the ruler and stuff slowed me down. All the other stuff was just trial and error to see what worked best.

I wish you luck with any of your projects and I hope the answer I gave helped you.

Hell yeah! I actually debated on whether I should've painted my armor burnt orange. Couldn't find a can of it at Home Depot

It would be awesome if u make 2 more shoulder pieces for ur son beside the one u already made.
Nice build by the way. :D

Yeah I did the same thing my first time and it was a big mess and got really discouraged, so this time I'm only cutting out what I need and going a few pieces at a time and using pepakura viewer to help me see where and how it should look. Helped me a lot, doing my first HD Mark VI forearm.

Hell yeah! I actually debated on whether I should've painted my armor burnt orange. Couldn't find a can of it at Home Depot

That would be awesome if you could find that color!!!!!

It would be awesome if u make 2 more shoulder pieces for ur son beside the one u already made.
Nice build by the way. :D

Are you talking about the add ons like a commando or recon shoulder piece? I was thinking about it since I have time to do it, but I also didn't want to cover up all the details for the shoulder undersuit pieces that I did. Not to mention I need to get all my ducks in a row for my personal build. I'm starting with the undersuit and will have to relearn how to sew with a new machine. :p

Yeah I did the same thing my first time and it was a big mess and got really discouraged, so this time I'm only cutting out what I need and going a few pieces at a time and using pepakura viewer to help me see where and how it should look. Helped me a lot, doing my first HD Mark VI forearm.

That's exatly how I did it through my son's build here. It worked out really well for me. Don't get discouraged though. The end result of all your labor is well worth the hassle you have to go through. :D Good luck with your build and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Nice work. I enjoyed reading over this post. Thanks for sharing the build progress.

Thank you kindly, Wildscar. I'm glad you like the thread. Thanks for the compliment.

What everyone is saying about you being an inspiration is only somewhat true to me:

It is true that seeing stuff like this makes me want to go out and make stuff similar to it, but what's going through my head is something along the lines of "Damn, his stuff is better than mine, I don't wanna look bad! CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!"

Lol, but really, man, great job! Looking forward to see what else you have in store for us.

Are you talking about the add ons like a commando or recon shoulder piece? I was thinking about it since I have time to do it, but I also didn't want to cover up all the details for the shoulder undersuit pieces that I did. Not to mention I need to get all my ducks in a row for my personal build. I'm starting with the undersuit and will have to relearn how to sew with a new machine. :p

Ya the add-ons.

Been watching this build from the start, not sure if I posted before now but either way great job man you have one lucky son.
Tom.

What everyone is saying about you being an inspiration is only somewhat true to me:

It is true that seeing stuff like this makes me want to go out and make stuff similar to it, but what's going through my head is something along the lines of "Damn, his stuff is better than mine, I don't wanna look bad! CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!"

Lol, but really, man, great job! Looking forward to see what else you have in store for us.

112.jpg

REALLY LMAO on that one. LOL!! Thanks for the compliment. And your ODST build is looking awesome so far.

Ya the add-ons.

If time permits with everything else going on right now, I may try to make him some out of foam to put on there. Stayed tuned. . . LOL!

Been watching this build from the start, not sure if I posted before now but either way great job man you have one lucky son.
Tom.

Thanks, drack! I appreciate it.

Hi,
bicep link file is broken do you have any working one? Also I downloaded the whole pep Db from 405th but I can't find a good model as the one you used.

Hi,
bicep link file is broken do you have any working one? Also I downloaded the whole pep Db from 405th but I can't find a good model as the one you used.

Here's the link for the Bicep File you mentioned above where the link was broke. It may have been moved to another folder, because I had a lot of cleaning up to do in my 4shared account. It was a mess. I'm probably going to add a page in here at the end to list all the files and everything I used and put in some new links, because of that cleaning up of the 4shared account. It probably messed up other links in my thread also. Thanks for letting me know. Sorry about that and I'll get that other one fixed right now.

OK GUYS!!! In an effort to avoid what happened with one of the earlier links of this thread and a pep file that I used not being available, I'm adding in screen shots of the files that I used and new links for them where they are now in my 4shared account. All of these files and a ton more files are are available in the complete 405th pepakura database. These files do not have game accurate detail, but I did find them easy to pep as a Noob. I hope this helps some people out in some way and that it cleans up the thread a little with an easy to refer to area with all the files used in the final product. I in no way am the modeler or unfolder of these files. I'm trying to give those people props in the links for the files if their names were available to me.

Helmet Mark V(B) Unfolded by BMcClain
Helmet.png

L3X V3 Torso
Torso.png

Bicep by ForgedReclaimer and Unfolded by BMcClain
Bicep.png

Reach Forearm by Rhinoc
Forearm.png

Reach Handplate by Zero2o2
HandPlate.png

Reach Thigh Unfolded by BMcClain
Thigh.png

Reach Shin Unfolded by BMcClain
Shin.png

I did not put a link or pic of the Cod, Knees or Boots because I scratch built them out of foam. I did build a pep Cod, but it was not used in the finished build so I didn't put a link for it here.

Again, I hope that this helps someone out eventually and in some way. I really do appreciate all the help that I got and hope to return the favor with this entry here making it easy to find the files I used in case someone is considering using them.

As always, thanks to everyone that has followed along and I hope you've enjoyed this as much as I have and all comments and suggestions are welcome. It's not too late to change something to make it better before Halloween. LOL! Tomorrow, I am going on the hunt for magnets locally before I try an internet order for magnum mounting. . . . :p

Until next time . . . Keep Building and Make It Fun!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a little Update on info. . . . Not having any luck finding magnets that I think will work for holding the magnum locally. I have one or two more places that I'm hoping to be able to look at today or tomorrow to find something. If I can't, I'll place an order online to get some good ones, and I'll be sure to post some pics of the changes that I make. I'm also still trying to get some more photos in a lower light setting outside to show the lights on his suit a little better too.
As always. . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back