My Son's Noble Spartan - NOW COMPLETE - Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy canole, this is really great! I'll posting a pic soon of my younger brother's finished Mark V Cardstock cast in my own thread. Watching this one too, man!

nice. i like the additition to the chest piece. though my chest doesnt have those circular holes on the side like yours does. if that something you added?

nice. i like the additition to the chest piece. though my chest doesnt have those circular holes on the side like yours does. if that something you added?

Thanks Omni.
I can't take credit for anything on the chest other than the one thing I had to modify while building. The chest piece I'm building had all those details on it.
I put a link to the torso file that I am using on the first page below the pics of it. It's above the last post on the first page if you'd like to download it and take a look at it or use it. If you need any help with those pieces I had to modify, let me know and I'll tell you what I did and how I cut it. I'm going to be using the same file on my build when I get to it after my son's.
I have lots of pep files for HALO. If you're not finding what you're looking for, let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the positive feedback. I tried to get some stuff done last night, but all I got done was a little bit of the back piece on the torso. I'll have to wait until tomorrow or Wednesday to finish the torso, and then I'll be moving on to the cod piece.

I did manage to get my wife to help me make myself a duct tape dummy yesterday though for my build. So, I guess the whole day wasn't lost. LOL. I'll post finished pics of the torso in a day or two. Until then, keep building and have fun doing it.

Made a little progress today with the back. I have all but the very bottom (7 parts to glue yet) of the back done. And I still need to do the ab plate that is in the front (multiple parts to glue). I should be able to get that done tomorrow after I take my wife and kiddo to the airport. Things have been hectic with them getting ready to go and having to do other things. And I still have to mow the three acres I normally mow. LOL. :D

Did a test fit with my son today once I got those back pieces in and it looks perfect to me.
th_DSCF6597.jpgth_DSCF6598-Copy.jpgth_DSCF6599.jpgth_DSCF6600-Copy.jpg

What do y'all think???
When I have the whole thing done (which I'm hoping will be tomorrow) I'll post some more pics of the completed torso.

I should be able to get the two thighs and the cod done by the week's end, because the ones I'm using don't have that much detail. Well. . . . unless something comes up. I really wanted to have all the stuff (minus the boots) pep'd and ready for reinforcement by the middle of next week. I'm just hoping I'll be able to do it by then. :p

Thanks to everyone for all your help and support so far. I really appreciate it.

Fit looks really good!
Pep work came out very well too!
Keep it up,

Cereal.

Thanks Cereal. Appreciate it!

Looks really good so far :)

Thanks Mstruvmgc. Glad you like it.

WELL. . . . As things do, things have come up and I wasn't able to finish when planned on the torso. I got the spine plate or whatever at the very bottom of the back on today. A day later than I wanted to. And all the pieces for the ab plate are now cut out, but not assembled.

Things have been busy at work and even though I was off, I got called in to do a couple things yesterday. I have to be back in at O-dark-thirty again for a service call to a local street level pharmacist :cool and then should be off for the rest of Friday, Saturday and Sunday to finish all the other stuff I needed to do on this.

And to top off everything else . . . . a storm came through last night and I had drained our above ground pool a couple weeks back to clean it. I'm sure you can guess what 50 mph straight line winds can do to it. . . . LOL. Anyway, it's now upside down on our gravel patio in the back. Don't think anything other than the skimmer holder was damaged, but won't know for sure until I get it upright again. Since it's still going to be raining through tomorrow (that's weird to say in June in Central Texas by the way) I'll worry about it next week. It's not going to go anywhere else I think. :D

As soon as I'm done with that torso, I'll get completed pics up and will hopefully be able to knock out the cod and at least one thigh piece tomorrow.

Until then, keep building and have fun doing it

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. As I promised I would do. . . I got the torso completed finally and I also go the cod put together today. So, here's the pics of them.
Overall and Chest First
DSCF6612.jpg
DSCF6610.jpg
DSCF6617.jpg
DSCF6604.jpg

The Back
DSCF6619.jpg

The Cod
DSCF6616.jpg
DSCF6620.jpg

Like I posted before. . . Not a lot of detail in the cod piece. I figured this one was the easiest to build in case I got the size wrong. Looks like it's going to be fine for now.

I even got the visor put in on the helmet to get it ready for reinforcement. Words of Wisdom and NOTE TO SELF about that: When you're building the helmet, just go ahead and build the visor in at the time you get to it and DON'T try to do it once the whole thing is done and save it for last. LOL;) It was a booger bear to get in there.

I've printed out the thighs and started to work on those. I see no reason why I wouldn't be able to get them done by tomorrow evening, and on Sunday I can do the shins. Well, I have to wait for my wife to call me on Sunday from Germany so that I can get her to confirm a measurement for me. As of now, the way I have it scaled on the shins is fine for height, but may be lacking in width by the knee when looking at the dummy I made. Better safe than sorry I guess. I hate doing this more than once! LOL.

Anyway, let me know what you think, and as always . . . all suggestions, feedback and comments are welcome. Oh! And thanks to everyone that has been looking and keeping track of this build. I really appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the thighs done tonight. I think I'm starting to see cross-eyed. . . :p
Here's the pics.
Overall First
DSCF6622.jpg

Figured I'd just put the rest in as thumbnails tonight.
th_DSCF6623.jpgth_DSCF6624.jpgth_DSCF6626.jpgth_DSCF6627.jpgth_DSCF6628.jpgth_DSCF6629.jpg

I don't really know whether or not these will work. My son's legs are fairly big for a 9 year old, and these are snug on the dummy. Won't know for sure until he gets back from Germany. I think the scale is perfect for his height, but not for the width. Unfortunately, I can't just change one measurement in pepakura designer that I'm aware of. If anyone knows of a way, please let me know. Otherwise, I may just add in a piece of paper on the inside strap if they're too tight on him. I was going to make some inserts for the open part of the inside of the thigh, but without adding anything to it, there won't be a lot of room to work with there either.

Next up are the shins. I think that I am going to run into a problem with them on width also. Will have to wait until I get a call from the wife tomorrow to check a measurement or two, then I'll be off to the races to finish them so I can start strengthening all the parts I have done so far.

Hope everyone has enjoyed what I have so far. I really can see the light at the end of the tunnel on this one. Bondo and sanding will take some time, but I'm a heck of a lot closer to finishing than when I started. LOL! Keep suggestions, questions, comments and anything else coming. All help is definitely appreciated more than you know.

I'll post some more updates ASAP. Until then, thanks to everyone and keep building!

I got the thighs done tonight. I think I'm starting to see cross-eyed. . . :p
Here's the pics.
Overall First
DSCF6622.jpg

Figured I'd just put the rest in as thumbnails tonight.
th_DSCF6623.jpgth_DSCF6624.jpgth_DSCF6626.jpgth_DSCF6627.jpgth_DSCF6628.jpgth_DSCF6629.jpg

I don't really know whether or not these will work. My son's legs are fairly big for a 9 year old, and these are snug on the dummy. Won't know for sure until he gets back from Germany. I think the scale is perfect for his height, but not for the width. Unfortunately, I can't just change one measurement in pepakura designer that I'm aware of. If anyone knows of a way, please let me know. Otherwise, I may just add in a piece of paper on the inside strap if they're too tight on him. I was going to make some inserts for the open part of the inside of the thigh, but without adding anything to it, there won't be a lot of room to work with there either.

Next up are the shins. I think that I am going to run into a problem with them on width also. Will have to wait until I get a call from the wife tomorrow to check a measurement or two, then I'll be off to the races to finish them so I can start strengthening all the parts I have done so far.

Hope everyone has enjoyed what I have so far. I really can see the light at the end of the tunnel on this one. Bondo and sanding will take some time, but I'm a heck of a lot closer to finishing than when I started. LOL! Keep suggestions, questions, comments and anything else coming. All help is definitely appreciated more than you know.

I'll post some more updates ASAP. Until then, thanks to everyone and keep building!

The thighs look good :)
i have the same problem with my thighs with the width, but you know that already seeing how you have posted on my thread lol. I think the idea of adding some paper would probably be the best case senerio. It is what i am going to try after i finish my shin. As far as the inside thigh armor, with mine i am thinking about cutting out the top part (closest to the groin) to see if that helps them fit better. Maybe that would work for you too. Hope that makes sense lol
On to the shins, i honestly do not think you should have a problem with the width of the shins. They might be a tad to big if anything lol
I dont know of any way to change just one size in PEP designer either. It is probably for the best, i know that all the sizes change so the piece will not looks all funky.

Anyways, you are doing a fantastci job, keep it up :)

You're doing a great job. I like your idea with the figure to display what you got and how things come along. It's making things easier i guess :) great and clean pep work man.

Almost There!!! LOL

Looks great.:cool
Thank you sir. I appreciate it.

Looks great man :)
The thighs look good :)
i have the same problem with my thighs with the width, but you know that already seeing how you have posted on my thread lol. I think the idea of adding some paper would probably be the best case senerio. It is what i am going to try after i finish my shin. As far as the inside thigh armor, with mine i am thinking about cutting out the top part (closest to the groin) to see if that helps them fit better. Maybe that would work for you too. Hope that makes sense lol
On to the shins, i honestly do not think you should have a problem with the width of the shins. They might be a tad to big if anything lol
I dont know of any way to change just one size in PEP designer either. It is probably for the best, i know that all the sizes change so the piece will not looks all funky.

Anyways, you are doing a fantastci job, keep it up :)

Thanks for your suggestions and compliments!!!

You're doing a great job. I like your idea with the figure to display what you got and how things come along. It's making things easier i guess :) great and clean pep work man.

Danke Sealgair. I got the whole dummy idea from The Hero Tutorials on YouTube. I found a lot of their videos useful when I first got started in all this when my son asked me to build him a costume. The dummy has made it easier for me to tell when I've messed up, but it also lets me know if I've done OK too. :D On another note. . . You're not all that far away from my wife right now. She's in the Kriftel area outside of Frankfurt. I know Ansbach is closer to Nuremberg, but your closer to her than I am right now. . . . LOL :p I was stationed in Darmstadt back in the 90's and that's where we met. She's home visiting family right now. Maybe I could look you up in a couple years when I get to go back over there.

I got one of the shins done today. I was planning on doing both, but I think I need a break.
File used was http://www.4shared.com/file/n9OjTfbg/Reach_Shin_unfolded_by_BMcClai.html?
Here's The pics
Overall First as Always
DSCF6631.jpg

DSCF6632.jpg
DSCF6633.jpg
DSCF6634.jpg
DSCF6635.jpg

I'm not very impressed with the FJ Para Knee on this file. It's a little small it seems.
I have my son's HALO toys that he has for some reference too and I think I'm just going to do away with it and go to a regular knee like what's on one of my kid's toys. The one like this . . . . .
DSCF6643.jpg
DSCF6646.jpg

I have a file for it. I think it was listed as the KAT knee.

Otherwise, the shin looks like it will work as is with no modification to it. It's a little snug, but I can always trim some of the stuff away on the edges to make room after it's reinforced I guess.

I think this next week I am going to the fabric store to get some supplies for undersuit making. I know that my son's will most likely just be some spandex and ridges sewn in like what Roxy did in her thread (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/34127-RoxyRoo-s-Reach-Build-Undersuit/page6). Gotta give props to Roxy. Her build is superb and she put a lot of photos to reference. And at least it's something for him that will be cooler than pleather. I don't think I'll be able to fit much else under it by the time Halloween rolls around. :p

I'll also be looking into getting some pleather and other things for my build. I'm hoping to be able to recreate a suit like what I've seen from screen shots of the game. I don't think that it'll be easy, but oh well. I think it'd be worth it. HOT, but worth it. LOL. When I start that thread I'll put all that stuff there.

Again, THANKS to everyone that has been looking and letting me know what they think. I have 1,304 views so far. I don't know if that's good or bad but hey. . . I'm happy. LOL Please let me know what you think and I always welcome feedback and suggestions. If I don't get any, how am I supposed to know what I am doing wrong. . . . :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back