My Son's Noble Spartan - NOW COMPLETE - Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say your pep work looks awesome and you clearly took the time and did your homework, props man. Also, I know I've seen a few builds on here for...offspring... and I think that is a pretty neat project to take on for your kid, no small task it looks like. Double props.

Danke Sealgair. I got the whole dummy idea from The Hero Tutorials on YouTube. I found a lot of their videos useful when I first got started in all this when my son asked me to build him a costume. The dummy has made it easier for me to tell when I've messed up, but it also lets me know if I've done OK too. :D On another note. . . You're not all that far away from my wife right now. She's in the Kriftel area outside of Frankfurt. I know Ansbach is closer to Nuremberg, but your closer to her than I am right now. . . . LOL :p I was stationed in Darmstadt back in the 90's and that's where we met. She's home visiting family right now. Maybe I could look you up in a couple years when I get to go back over there.

Yeah i guess i am :D I figured, that if your wife and son were in Germany at the moment it should be the southern part because that's where the US has the garrisons right?
You're more than welcome man, that would be awesome :)

Yes the knee was way to small I think I went 20% bigger on mine. That said you're build is looking awesome. :cool

Just got caught up with this thread. Your work up to this point is great. Your pepping is clean and everything seems to fit your son nicely. Your work is great especially for having never played Halo. It's interesting to see how many people here build these suits having never played the games. Just goes to show how this hobby can reach all kinds.

I tried putting together a MkVI suit for my daughter last year, but she grew so fast that from the time I pepped the parts to the time I was painting them, she had already outgrown them! You're a great parent for doing this for your son and encouraging his interests. Keep it up!!!

First Off. . . . Thanks

Just wanted to say your pep work looks awesome and you clearly took the time and did your homework, props man. Also, I know I've seen a few builds on here for...offspring... and I think that is a pretty neat project to take on for your kid, no small task it looks like. Double props.

Thanks Admiral. I appreciate your compliments. Your build looks great too.

Yeah i guess i am :D I figured, that if your wife and son were in Germany at the moment it should be the southern part because that's where the US has the garrisons right?
You're more than welcome man, that would be awesome :)

I really don't know where much of any US forces are over there any more. It's been a few years since I've been there and even the last time I was there, there wasn't much left. Most of it has been turned back over to the German Government. The majority of military forces were based out of Mannheim, Wiesbaden, Baumholder, Grafenwohr and Bad Kreuznach while I was there. There were other smaller units in a lot of other places, but Those were the cities I can remember that had Battalion or Brigade level elements in them. A lot of them were actually in Mannheim that I remember though.

Yes the knee was way to small I think I went 20% bigger on mine. That said you're build is looking awesome. :cool

I remember you saying something about it in your thread. I might try that and scale it up 20% or so if he doesn't like the other knees I'm thinking of using. Thanks for the info on the % though. That will probably save me a lot of time measuring. . . . LOL. And thanks for the compliments.

Wow, this is great Spartan! Keep it op! Why is he in Germany?

Thanks Dagoth! My son's in Germany because my wife is from Germany. I met her there when I was stationed with a MP Unit in the 90's. She came with me to the US and we got married. The rest as they say is history. . . . LOL. She went back home to visit her folks and he goes with her more than I do. I'd love to go back, but it costs roughly $2800 -$3000 to fly just two people over there round trip. Too pricey for me. Then again, with the money I've put into this project and the one I will be doing for myself, who knows. . . . . maybe this is too pricey. . . . . LOL. . . .. . Naaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Just got caught up with this thread. Your work up to this point is great. Your pepping is clean and everything seems to fit your son nicely. Your work is great especially for having never played Halo. It's interesting to see how many people here build these suits having never played the games. Just goes to show how this hobby can reach all kinds.

I tried putting together a MkVI suit for my daughter last year, but she grew so fast that from the time I pepped the parts to the time I was painting them, she had already outgrown them! You're a great parent for doing this for your son and encouraging his interests. Keep it up!!!

Thanks so much carpathiavh99. I started to read up on your build. Awesome work that I've seen so far. I'm still trying to get all the way through it. I think I'm on page 6 of yours.
And I'm really hoping that I've given enough for my son to grow a little so he won't outgrow it like you said your daughter did the one you made her. If he does outgrow something, maybe it'll be something easy to reconstruct. . . . . LOL (Fingers Crossed and in panic mode) LOL

Alright! All that being said. . . . I finished the other shin today. I finally found the file for the knee I was talking about and printed it out to pep up. I may do that tomorrow. And I'd almost forgot that there are hand plates to build. I got those printed up and ready to build as well. Most likely will build those tomorrow or the next day with the knees. I think I'm losing my mind with this stuff.
Any who. . . here's the pics of what I have to date.
DSCF6648.jpg
DSCF6649.jpg
DSCF6650.jpg
DSCF6651.jpg

There's a somewhat funny story (it WASN'T funny at the time it happened) about the missing forearm in the first two pics. I had moved the dummy over there in front of my sleeping cat and hadn't noticed it fell off. Well, I was turning the dummy around to take a pic of the back and stepped on the forearm that fell off. I was like,"what the heck was that???" when it crunched under my foot. When I looked down and saw a flat forearm, I was like, "@^%$&*((&^%%$$"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you get the picture. . .. LOL Anyway, After I stopped cursing my stupidity I got it popped back out and glued a couple spots that came apart. It's all good now though. . . :cool

I did make it by the fabric store (JoAnn's) today. Along with Hobby Lobby and WalMart. I got enough spanex, fleece and black pleather to make a lot of costumes. Unfortunately, the only kinds of spandex they had were polyester and rayon knit. I got the polyester one, because it had a darker black to it to match the pleather I got. At Hobby Lobby I picked up some 3mm foam sheets for details or whatever I find the need to use them on. The pleather is pretty thin, but I made a trip to WalMart to get a better sewing machine. The one that I have that was inherited from my mother is about 30 years old at least and it skips a lot. I don't want to mess up on these undersuits. I think it's going to take me longer to learn how to use this new sewing machine than it will to figure out how to put together an undersuit. . . . LOL. There's way too many buttons and stiches to choose from. I'm used to straight or zigzag and that's it. Although I know how to sew with a sewing machine, I've never tried to construct an entire suit before. So this may take a bit. I'll keep you posted on my progress and learning curve with the new machine.

After I get the hand plates and knees done, I will start the task of reinforcing everything. I have a large freezer bag full of fiberglass cloth that I cut up, 15 -20 disposable brushes, tons of plastic cups, a gallon of Smooth-On 321 and plenty of stuff to prop or hold parts up to keep them from sticking to whatever they touch (oh yeah . . . and foil. . . . lots and lots of foil. . . . LOL). If anyone has any advise for me on this part, it would be greatly appreciated. I've never worked with this stuff before, but it can't be any worse than fiberglass. LOL. I don't know how the weather will affect the smooth-on, but it supposed to start raining tonight and tomorrow (Again, weird for June in Central Texas). So I guess I'll do my best and see what happens.

Guys. . . Once again, I'd like to say thanks to everyone and I appreciate the compliments and suggestions that you give. :$

Thats looking really awesome mate! Your going to have one very happy son when it's all done. Just a thought and I haven't read the entire thread so sorry if it's already been mentioned but can he get his head through the hole in the torso or are you going to be halving it?
Luckily as I custom built mine I've been able to make it big enough to not need to have two halves but by looks of things you've built the same torso I did originally and it needed some modification to get my head through and avoid halving it.

Can't wait to see the finished product you've done amazing work so far so congrats :)

There's a somewhat funny story (it WASN'T funny at the time it happened) about the missing forearm in the first two pics. I had moved the dummy over there in front of my sleeping cat and hadn't noticed it fell off. Well, I was turning the dummy around to take a pic of the back and stepped on the forearm that fell off. I was like,"what the heck was that???" when it crunched under my foot. When I looked down and saw a flat forearm, I was like, "@^%$&*((&^%%$$"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you get the picture. . .. LOL Anyway, After I stopped cursing my stupidity I got it popped back out and glued a couple spots that came apart. It's all good now though. . . :cool

I had a similar heartattack moment like this a while back myself. I was applying fiberglass to the inside of my ODST helmet. I had finished glassing one half of the helmet and had let it cure when I decided to pick it up to inspect it. The helmet's center of gravity was way off since half of the helmet was heavier than the other and the whole helmet spun right out of my hands and landed, un-hardened side down on the concrete floor. The landing crushed the un-hardened side in, creating a huge dent. I thought it was ruined, but I was able to pop it back into shape, finish hardening it and the bondo layer covered the few visible imperfections that were left. It's amazing how well some of these projects stand up to early attempts at distruction.

Oh, and on the topic of fiberglassing advice, I do not know what your method is, but a lot of people suggest soaking the fiberglass cloth into the resin, then applying it. I would advise against that as it can get very messy, very quickly. What I do, and suggest, is (working in small sections) liberally brush on some resin to the inside of the piece where you want to apply the cloth, set a dry piece of cloth into the resin and use your brush to dab it down, letting the resin soak into the cloth. You can also brush a little more resin over top of the cloth if need be. This way, your fingers (ideally) never touch the resin, so the fiberglass cloth does not start to stick to your fingers and you won't be trying to lay down strips of cloth with strands of fiberglass catching everything. I used to soak the cloth before applying it, but the way I do it now is much easier, cleaner and, as a bonus, quicker.

As far as using the Smoothon product, I've never used it, but from what I hear, many people use it the same way they use fiberglass resin. So, you should be fine. Good luck!

Thats looking really awesome mate! Your going to have one very happy son when it's all done. Just a thought and I haven't read the entire thread so sorry if it's already been mentioned but can he get his head through the hole in the torso or are you going to be halving it?
Luckily as I custom built mine I've been able to make it big enough to not need to have two halves but by looks of things you've built the same torso I did originally and it needed some modification to get my head through and avoid halving it.

Can't wait to see the finished product you've done amazing work so far so congrats :)

Thank a bunch for the compliments!
I don't know if we'll have to cut it or not right now. To date, we can get it over his head by gently pulling it open a bit. Unfortunately, by the time I get the Collar made out of foam for the sides and everything, it will most likely be too small and need modification. I have a plan of attack if it has to be cut, but I'd really like not to do that. I could always trim some off the insides, but with the way it is now, I don't think it would look right if I wound up doing that. I'll be working on that part tomorrow and we shall see when he gets back home. . . . LOL

Oh, and on the topic of fiberglassing advice, I do not know what your method is, but a lot of people suggest soaking the fiberglass cloth into the resin, then applying it. I would advise against that as it can get very messy, very quickly. What I do, and suggest, is (working in small sections) liberally brush on some resin to the inside of the piece where you want to apply the cloth, set a dry piece of cloth into the resin and use your brush to dab it down, letting the resin soak into the cloth. You can also brush a little more resin over top of the cloth if need be. This way, your fingers (ideally) never touch the resin, so the fiberglass cloth does not start to stick to your fingers and you won't be trying to lay down strips of cloth with strands of fiberglass catching everything. I used to soak the cloth before applying it, but the way I do it now is much easier, cleaner and, as a bonus, quicker.

As far as using the Smoothon product, I've never used it, but from what I hear, many people use it the same way they use fiberglass resin. So, you should be fine. Good luck!

I'm glad I'm not the only one first off that wanted to destroy it before it had a chance. . . LOL.
Thanks for the advise on the reinforcing. I did some today and what I did was coated the outside first. . . :angry Wasn't happy with this. I'll get into that in a minute. . . LOL. After the outside was hard, I sprayed the inside with spray can glue and then put the little squares of fiberglass cloth I had cut out into it. Then, I took the Smooth Cast stuff and and spread it all over the cloth on the inside. It worked out real well for making it hard. I think it's about the same as you're doing, I just didn't want to waste the Smooth Cast stuff trying to mix up batch after batch to coat the inside and then try to put the cloth in. I'll get into that in my post. LOL.
Again, thanks and I appreciate the advise and comments.

Today was a Learning Exprience
I got some of the pieces reinforced today. I did the forearms and biceps. No matter what the instructions for Smooth Cast 321 say. . .. . IT DOES NOT HAVE A 7 MINUTE POT LIFE AT 73 DEGREES. LOL
I did a forearm first, thinking it was pretty simple.
DSCF6655.jpg

On the second forearm the pot life of the Smooth Cast was about 5 minutes. Luckily there were only a couple of gobs that could be sanded.
DSCF6667.jpg

Then . . . . on to the Biceps!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! AAARRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!! LOL
Neither batch I made had the same pot life. One was like 6 minutes and the other 3 minutes. I know I had equal parts of A & B, because I was measuring it in grams on a digital scale. Anyway. . . The first batch set up so quick on me that there were gobs of stuff all over the place. I didn't even know it. Here I am brushing away and then all of a sudden . . . . stuck brush!!!!! OMG WTC!!!!!!!!!! LOL
DSCF6665.jpg
DSCF6668.jpg
DSCF6660.jpg

This did nothing but upset me. LOL!!!! The second one came out much cleaner. I had busted my bottom trying to get it covered in case the pot life was like the last one, and on that one I had about six minutes and was standing there with nothing else left to coat. SO I put some more on a couple of places on the forearms that needed some touch up.
Second Bicep
DSCF6657.jpg

Then I did the insides.
Bicep Pics
DSCF6670.jpg

DSCF6674.jpg

Forearms
DSCF6672.jpg

After that I had to do some trimming on the edges to get it cleaned up. I will say this about the Smooth Cast. All it is is plastic and you can trim it easily with an exacto knife. I didn't even have to get out the dremel. . . . LOL
Before Trimming
DSCF6669.jpg

After Trimming
DSCF6676.jpg

I still have a few spots that need to be sanded on the outside where bubbles came up and some of those unsightly gobs of junk before I try to put bondo on them. I did sand down that one bicep with all the big puddles or what have you on them, and it looks much better now. I just need to go over a couple of spots by hand. I was using my mouse sander with a finger tip attachment on it, but I don't want to take off too much. I also have a few spots on the inside that need to be sanded down or buffed so there are no sharp edges to poke the little one. I would've been doing that now, but the rain finally came and I'm not sanding inside my house. . . . . LOL. If I had a garage, I'd probably do it there, but I don't have one.

So, let's recap what I've learned today. (1) Don't believe what some company tells you the pot life is of their product is; (2) be ready to fix your mess ups; (3) buy more brushes (You can only use it once with this stuff) and (4) I finally found something that will stick to foil (LMAO). . . . . :p I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of #2. LOL.

Anyway. . . Thanks again everyone for the suggestions and feedback. Tomorrow I think I am going to try and tackle reinforcing the torso. This ought to be interesting. Very Interesting Indeed. I need to get some dowels out to try and keep it as square as I can. If I get it done tomorrow, I'll post some pics. Then again, I may just do the thighs and shins. . . They're smaller. LOL

Quick edit rather than double post
Some After thoughts. . . .
Again, need more brushes because once you use it you lose it.
There is no chemical smell!!! A definite plus Vs fiberglass resin.
You can use it indoors. I did all this in my kitchen today. Just make sure you have your drop cloths and everything in place. Even if you spill some of one of the parts, so long as they weren't mixed together. . . . EASY Clean Up. Try saying that with fiberglass resin. . . LOL
It has a quick cure time of 20 minutes and it's ready for more.
It does get warm because of chemical reaction, but not so hot it can't be handled.
Trimming can be done easily with a hobby knife rather than breaking out the dremel for small stuff like with fiberglass.
I'm sure some of my issues above were self-induced to some extent. But I did mix up the same size batch every time with equal parts of the A & B solutions and still got different pot lives out of each batch.:confused
For those that live in Northern areas or other areas abroad where it is cold more times than not, and you can't use resin because of temperature or just don't like it . . . . . I'd highly recommend this stuff to speed up your process. I've worked with fiberglass a lot in the past and greatly loath it. The mess, the need for a respirator and all the other stuff that comes with it. That lead me to finding this stuff I'm using as a replacement for the resins. It works the same way as fiberglass, and I'm not saying it's not messy, but it's not as bad as fiberglass.. . . . . LOL
I'm going to continue to use it and see if I find something that works better while mixing it up and I'll keep y'all posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Build looks great so far :D

Ya you always learn something new every day when you make a suit like this. I personally have never worked with smooth cast but see that it has the same problems as fiberglass resin. Those pesky bumps never seem to fully go away =/

Have fun with it and can't wait to see more!

where did you get the file for the chest. i have like 4 files but they all are rather oddly purporshioned and low detail. if you can help me out that would be grat. PM it to me.

Build looks great so far :D

Ya you always learn something new every day when you make a suit like this. I personally have never worked with smooth cast but see that it has the same problems as fiberglass resin. Those pesky bumps never seem to fully go away =/

Have fun with it and can't wait to see more!

Yep. You definitely never stop learning. And yes, it has those annoying little bubbles everywhere. Bring on the sander . . . . LOL. Thanks for the compliments.

where did you get the file for the chest. i have like 4 files but they all are rather oddly purporshioned and low detail. if you can help me out that would be grat. PM it to me.

I sent you another PM with the scale factors. Hope it helps and glad you got the file.

Looks awesome.

Thanks Thorn. I appreciate it.

A Little Update

I went to a Family Dollar store near my house today before I got started to get some brushes, gloves and foil. I found that they had a pack of four brushes for $1. I bought the seven packs they had. . . . LOL.

I got some more reinforced today. I did the thighs, shins and cod. I had to mix up about 7 batches and used seven brushes to get it done, but the insides and outsides are done on those. I just finished a little bit ago so they're still drying. I'll post some pics tomorrow night after I get home from work. I forgot to charge my camera so it's dead today and I can't take any photos. :p Tomorrow's a training day so I'm hoping I'll be home by 1900 (7pm) at the latest. I won't have much time to do anything else before it's dark, but I have Fri - Sun off to do the rest I have to do.

I had a lot more luck today with the pot life of the Smooth Cast today. Instead of reusing the mixing cups for parts A & B and using a new mixing cup for them, I just used new cups for everything every time. It gave me about 6-7 minutes on every batch. Unfortunately, I'm going through more cups now. I also figured out that when you start to see the little white bubbles coming up in the cup that you need to stop while you're ahead. See. . . I'm learning. . . . LOL Everything came out a lot smoother and there are only a couple places on the outsides of the pieces that need to be sanded smooth. I did have the cod warp on me while it was drying. The back and front aren't centered up together anymore. I'll break out the heat gun tomorrow when I get home and get that worked out I reckon.

I still haven't made the hand plates and knees yet. I really wanted to get everything I could reinforced for now and I'll get to those sometime soon. And I still have the torso and helmet left to reinforce. I'm scared to do the helmet, because I don't want to mess it up. I guess when I get to it, I'll just take it slow and steady and hope for the best.

Sorry I don't have any pics today, but I'll get some up tomorrow night after I fix the cod piece. I'll make sure to take before and afters of the cod to show what I was talking about.

Again, thanks for watching my progress and let me know what you think about everything.

sounds like your getting alot done. the chest set me back 6 days but im going to get started on the new one tonight

sounds like your getting alot done. the chest set me back 6 days but im going to get started on the new one tonight

I'm trying to. I was taking some time off work, because I don't know if I'll be able to use all my vacation by the end of the year and not lose it. That way I could get this done. I've been able to complete all of the armor (minus hand plates and knees) just in the last week. I was proud of myself. :p Thing is, is now I'm ready for a break and just want to take a step back. But I know if I do that the project will be put on standby and I'll never be able to start on mine. My son really wanted me to have a suit by Halloween too so that we could trick-or-treat together. . . . LOL. So, I guess taking a break isn't something that I have time to do right now. Once I start back to work next week, things will be slow going again and I'll only have a little time here and there to work on stuff on my days off. So, hopefully I'll be able to complete most of the bondo work by Monday night. We shall see though.

Good luck on the chest file. It's not that difficult, but I did have that one issue with the chest detail parts. The little boxes that I showed earlier in the thread on pg 1 I think.

Updates

I just got home not too long ago, so my 1900 getting home time was way off. I did manage to warm up the cod piece and straighten it out. I trimmed up one of the thighs, but I'm pooped. Was outside training in 100 degree heat today with heavy gear on and I'm probably a bit dehydrated. Despite drinking 2 1/2 gallons of water while at work. ... LOL. Heat index was 105 today. I think I'll just get started early in the morning on the other stuff and push through and get everything else reinforced tomorrow.
Well. . . . enough of that. Here's the pics .. . . . . .
Cod when warped (looking at the bottom)
DSCF6677.jpg

Cod Fixed
DSCF6680.jpg
DSCF6683.jpg
DSCF6684.jpg

It still looks like the back may be a frog hair or two off, but I haven't figured it out yet. . . LOL!

Thigh Pieces needing trimming
DSCF6686.jpg

Shin Pieces needing trimming
DSCF6685.jpg

Like I said last night, the outsides came out much cleaner than the bicep pieces I did the day before. I guess I found my grove on getting it coated. Lost it on the insides this time though. When I was outside gluing in the fiberglass cloth, all the gnats were coming out because it was getting close to sun set, and I was fighting them trying to keep them out of the stuff. Then I just said forget it and glued them down with it. . .. LOL. If you look real close at the thigh pic . . . . all the little black specs on the inside are the gnats. :p Oh well, just more reinforcement. ;) PETA . . . If you're reading this. . . It's not my fault. They flew in and stuck and couldn't be rescued without causing death. :cool

Sorry that it's not much of an update, but figured I'd stay true to my word and put up some pics of what I had done yesterday since I forgot to charge my camera.

As always . . . PLEASE let me know what you think. If you have any comments or suggestions about the way things look and /or things I could do better they are all welcome. Can't improve without constructive criticism. Well . . . I probably could, but being a noob, I think it's nice to get some to point me in the right direction. :D I'll post some more tomorrow or the next day if I've accomplished something. Thanks again guys. Keep building and have fun doing it.

Looking righteous man. I might have to give this smoothcast stuff a try lol. Resin is a pain in the arse lol. I am learning from you while your learning from yourself lol, its a good process hehe.
Keep up the great work :)

Looks great. Good fix on the cod piece.

Thank you. I think you're build is going great also.

Looking righteous man. I might have to give this smoothcast stuff a try lol. Resin is a pain in the arse lol. I am learning from you while your learning from yourself lol, its a good process hehe.
Keep up the great work :)

Thanks for the compliment and I'm glad I can learn for you to learn from me. . . . LOL! I definitely think the process is better for you on your end that way though. :p

Today's Update

I had some other things to get done today so I didn't get as much done as I wanted. I mean I only had two parts left to do. Oh well, everyday things needed to come first I guess.
First, I got all those parts from yesterday trimmed up.
DSCF6707.jpg

I have the helmet reinforced inside and out. I still need to trim it to get the extra cloth out of the opening, and I'm sure I'll need to trim the opening out some now that it's rigid to let my son get his head in it. I had some issues again with the smooth cast today. Not with the pot life though. I think I've got that one mastered. They were all at about 6 1/2 minutes today. For whatever reason though, it just kept getting soaked up by the card stock and I had to go over it a couple times on the outside to get it completely covered. Maybe it was doing that on the other parts I did before and just didn't notice as much because they were smaller. Oh! And same as last night. . . More gnats on the inside. LOL
DSCF6699.jpg

DSCF6704.jpg
DSCF6705.jpg
DSCF6706.jpg

After hardening the outside the brim looked crooked. So, I put some tape on it to pull it down before doing the inside stuff
Pieceoftapeonbrim.jpg

I've got a few places to sand on it before trying to bondo, but otherwise I was pleased with how everything came out. It was pretty clean I guess.

I also got a support system made up for the chest to help prevent warping and put it in. I even got the outside of the torso hardened. Same thing as with the helmet though. The card stock on that part was just sucking up the smooth cast too. It took forever to get everything on the outside covered. Maybe that's why I didn't get it completely done, but I'll definitely be able to finish it tomorrow. This is what I have on it to date and the way I came up with to support it.
DSCF6687.jpg
DSCF6688.jpg
DSCF6689.jpg
DSCF6691.jpg
ChestSupportSystem.jpg

In all, I went through 8 or 9 brushes today and multiple batches of smooth cast. I think I made 10 just to get what I did on the helmet and chest. I was making them very small though. When I saw it was getting soaked up, I started making batches that were about 20 -30 grams total for what was mixed together.

So, tomorrow I'll be finishing the chest and looking at starting all the sanding and smoothing the insides so there aren't any sharp pieces to poke my son while he's wearing it. With temperatures in the upper 90's and 100 this weekend, I should have no problem starting the bondo and being able to start sanding that too. LOL. With those temperatures, the bondo will probably be dry before I get it on.

Since all I'll be doing is sanding and smoothing the next day or so (with the exception of reinforcing the chest), I most likely won't have any pics for updates until I start with the bondo. I'll post something as soon as I can though.

Thanks to all once again for following my progress and all the feedback. I think the feedback is what is keeping me motivated at this point to keep on trucking and get it done. Until next time, keep building and make it fun.

looking good. you get alot done. at my rate im going have my chest piece by wednesday and thats just the chest piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back