My Son's Noble Spartan - NOW COMPLETE - Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is going to be, without a doubt, the best-dressed up kid come Halloween! Awesome work! I just hope that when I get around to MY OWN Reach build that it looks this good.

I like the detail of your son's under armor that you made.

Thanks a bunch, Sandy.

What about heat???? Are you going to put a fan in the chest plate, or anything to help control over heating. Of course this a Halloween build so it just might be cold were you live that day, I just had to ask. :)

We live between Waco and Temple in Texas (not far from Ft Hood). . . .Don't know if an ol' devil dog like you would've ever been there for any reason or not, but I'm looking into a fan or something for the torso right now, because you never know what the weather is going to be like here. Like they say. . . If you don't like the weather now, stick around for a bit. . . it'll change. :p The last Halloween was warm. The one before that wasn't bad. I had dressed up as Freddy Krueger with a silicone mask, silicone left hand, sweater and everything and walked for two hours with him trick-or-treating and didn't have an issue. Don't get me wrong. . . I sweat my butt off, but I sweat a lot anyway. I'm definitely looking into something though since you never know how it will be. I probably won't install anything until October if I do. I'll be paying closer attention to projected temps to see if it will be necessary then. There's an Alltex computer store around us and I could go there to get a PC fan if necessary quickly.

Looks great I like the accuracy of the undersuit details, but how is the mobility, When I tried doing this to my suit all the foam details were making it hard to get my arms up enough to put my helmet on so I had to scarifice accuracy for mobility not to mention the heat build up lol, but man your doing an excellent job with this build, keep up the great work

Much appreciated compliments, Hyperballistik. Thank you very much.

As far as mobility. . . with my kiddo having such short stubby arms as it is, his mobility was already limited with just the bicep and forearms on he couldn't put on the helmet himself anyway. LOL! It's partially my fault for that, because I built the pieces with room to grow into in the event that he hit a growth spurt before Halloween so it would still be usable. I hot glued the shoulder piece to the undersuit foam portions on the torso that were already there. I'm planning on trying out an elastic strap to hold it up in place from there. Since it's just over the outside of his shoulder, he still has the same range of motion that he had before I put those in. :p It was real funny to watch him try to put it on by himself though. The foam that I am using for it is really flexible 1/4" foam floor mat that came in a roll. It's not as rigid as the big squares that I've seen everyone using for the construction of the external armor pieces.

And I guess this goes along the lines of what I was responding to Thorn about with looking into a fan set up for a "just in case" thing. I tried to make the foam pieces with enough gaps for ventilation or rather I left areas open that are prone to heat build up like around the arms, there are air gaps under his arm pits and in the front of the chest, it is all open with about a 6-8" gap for air to circulate between the torso and his chest. With us people though, most heat escapes through the head and I don't have enough room in his helmet for ventilation I think. I just told him like this before I ever started it. It's going to be hot, it may be a bit uncomfortable until you get use to it, but if I can wear an extra 30 pounds of gear everyday for work, sometimes 45-55 pounds to include body armor especially with a heavy entry vest on, then he can put up with this for a couple hours on Halloween. I asked him if it was a deal and he said yes. . . LOL!!!!!! So, he was forewarned. . . :p and since I can't give him a lot of detail on his legs, I wanted to put as much detail as I could, where I could.

Looks awesome!

Thanks, RSpartain7. I like what you're doing on your build, too. I hope your torso is working out so you don't have to repep it though.

He is going to be, without a doubt, the best-dressed up kid come Halloween! Awesome work! I just hope that when I get around to MY OWN Reach build that it looks this good.

Missed this one while I was typing up the post. . . . So quick edit to get ya in. :cool Thanks so much for the compliments, carpathiavh. I have no doubt that your build would give anyone a run for their money. I just hope I can do the same on my own build when I get to it.

Guys thanks for all the comments. They're greatly appreciated. I'm getting to do something that I enjoy and play around with different things to see what's going to work, and it's nice to know some others are liking it also. I hate knowing my kid is sorta the guinea pig for my build, but hey. . . . I changed most of his diapers. LOL!!!!! So, maybe now we're even. :p He's getting a kick out of everything that's going on with his build though and wants to help every chance he gets. Maybe next year when it's that time, he can do a lot more on his own. He's already made reference to wanting to be a Master Chief or Jun. We'll see how that goes. :cool I'm going to play around with the elastic strap idea and maybe try to heat up the shoulder pieces a little more to see if I can get in some more detail today after I get up. Again, and as always, thanks to everyone following along and keep comments, suggestions and anything else coming this way. Until next time . . . Keep Building and Make It Fun!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
As always the build continues to look more 'n more epic Spartan_127, I may have missed it (its amazingly hard to concentrate in a library! lol) but how did you attach the undersuit to the armor itself? The detail is awesome btw.

Wow! It's turning out really awesome! AND it also seems that you'll make it in time for the Halo 4 release. Keep up the great work!

As always the build continues to look more 'n more epic Spartan_127, I may have missed it (its amazingly hard to concentrate in a library! lol) but how did you attach the undersuit to the armor itself? The detail is awesome btw.

Thanks so much, Animagmus. A library. . . . hmmm . . . . LOL
I'm at work right now, so I don't have any way to take some pics to show exactly how I put everything in there. I'll take some once I get home in the morning and update this post with an edit for you. The short of it is the collar and little piece in the center of the chest are glued in place on the front of the torso. On the back, the pieces that go down the sides are glued I think, but I may have velcroed them in (I really can't remember at this point because of lack of sleep the past few days. . . LOL) and the rest is just velcroed in place so that I can still get to the electronics if need be. Like I said, I'll get you some pics up of everything to show how I have it in there for you.

Wow! It's turning out really awesome! AND it also seems that you'll make it in time for the Halo 4 release. Keep up the great work!

Thanks bunches, Zachrack. I like what you did with the emblem. It's turning out great.
There would be no issues having this done for the HALO relase, but I don't think I'll be trying to take my son to a midnight release with him having school. . . . . LOL. I really don't even know if any of the game stores or Best Buy is doing a midnight launch party for it around us. If he can still fit into it in Novemeber, then I might take him that weekend to a store and let him parade around in it for a while. :p Since we don't own any other HALO games or an Xbox I don't think we'll be getting it though.

Update with Undersuit Attachment Pics

@ Animagmus. . . . I'm really tired right now, so if these pics don't make sense, let me know and I'll see if I can do better to answer your question about how its all put in there. :)

FoamUndersuitPartsExplaination.jpg
FoamUndersuitPartsExplainationChestScallops.jpg
FoamUndersuitPartsExplainationwholetorso.jpg
FoamUndersuitPartsExplainationCollar.jpg
FoamUndersuitPartsExplainationwholetorso1.jpg
FoamUndersuitPartsExplainationwholetorso2.jpg

Like I said. . . . I'm really tired right now, so what makes sense to ME now may not make sense to y'all. I hope that this helps you out Animagmus and if not, let me know.

Until next time. . . . . Keep Building and Make It Fun

Nice job, and great way to show how you did the foam layout, this will help alot of people out, Excellent job

Very nice layout.

Thanks, Thorn. I appreciate it.

Nice job, and great way to show how you did the foam layout, this will help alot of people out, Excellent job

Appreciate that, Hyperballistik. Thanks for the compliments.

-------------------------------

No real updates or anything for right now. I've been researching different things still and was gone the last four days to the coast. We got back in last night and I haven't been able to do anything since my last post.

I have decided to rebuild the cod out of foam to help my son out and will most likely be trying to start on that tomorrow or the next day, depending on what all I have to do around the house. As soon as I get something done on it, I'll put it up for y'all.

On a side note. . . . I believe the website here has been compromised. I keep getting pop ups from my anti virus program that there is a Blackhole Kit type 2323 on the domain. Please make sure that your firewalls and anti virus software is up-to-date and browse carefully. I think that the virus that I got before now was not because of a Java Update. . . . . I think it got on my laptop from this site. Ever since the site changed with the VBulletin thing at the top of the page, if I try accessing it from a work PC I get a pop up that the site could've been compromised and I've already had a virus and now the pop ups. That being said. . . . .

Thanks again for any suggestions, comments and questions. I appreciate them. Until next time, Keep Building and Make it FUN!!!!!!

Wow!! thanks so much for going into detail with the pics Spartan_127 they're going to be incredibly helpful. Again THANK YOU. :)

Mate you know how much i appreciate ur attitude and work . but damn you really deserve a medal just for existing .
Your son has to be one of the proudest kid in this world! Sir ill bow myself infront of you ! keep beeing you ! :p

greets

You are really going to town on this build! I can tell that you're learning a lot and your own build will be amazing, but your son has got to love this!

dang that is a very awesome suit man :D keep up the great work

Thanks, Road Kill. I appreciate the compliments.

Wow!! thanks so much for going into detail with the pics Spartan_127 they're going to be incredibly helpful. Again THANK YOU. :)

You're welcome, Animagmus. I'm glad that they made sense and that they will help you out.

Mate you know how much i appreciate ur attitude and work . but damn you really deserve a medal just for existing .
Your son has to be one of the proudest kid in this world! Sir ill bow myself infront of you ! keep beeing you ! :p

greets

Thanks so much, PigBenis. You're too kind.

Man your undersuit work is coming along nicely :)

Thanks! I appreciate it.

You are really going to town on this build! I can tell that you're learning a lot and your own build will be amazing, but your son has got to love this!

Thank you, carpathiavh99. You are too kind also. I have learned a lot about different things on the build, but feel I still have a lot to learn about certain things. I'll be putting myself through a lot on my own build once it gets started and be pushing myself for sure to learn more. My son does love the progress on his suit. He's to the point where he wants to wear it 24 /7. . . LOL! Thanks again for the compliments. They're much appreciated.

No updates. . . :(

I've been ill as of late. Yesterday had a 102 fever and my back hurt so bad I couldn't even stand up straight. Today the fever is gone, but my back still hurts a little, but at least I can stand up. I don't know what I got or how, but it really sucked!!! I didn't go to work last night and slept forever. I'm going to try to go in to work tonight now that the fever is gone and see how it works out. Hopefully tomorrow night or something, I'll have an update with the new foam cod piece if I can get started on it when I get home in the morning.

As always, thanks for the compliments, suggestions and everything else. It's truly inspirational. I appreciate everyone that has been following along with the build and until next time. . . . Keep Building and Make it Fun!!!!

This is just awesome. It really inspires me Spartan_127!

Thanks so much, RSpartain7. I appreciate you saying that and I'm glad that you consider this an inspiring build.

UPDATE

Got some stuff done on the foam cod. It's taking me a bit longer than I anticipated, because I'm still pretty out of it because of the fever I had. Saw my doctor yesterday and he thinks that it is the West Nile junk that's been going around. Didn't get blood work to confirm it right now, but I have to go back in on Monday if I am still weak and sore to get that done. That and I've really not worked with foam enough to do it too fast. . . . :p It's coming along though. Just slowly. I'll post some pics when I get back home in the morning. I'm about to leave the house to go do a security detail for a courtyard party. Just wanted to let y'all know I'm still alive and kicking I guess. :p

Until then, please let me know what you think. All comments, suggestions and feedback are welcomed. Remember. . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!!!!!

You are very welcome!

And thanks again.

Wow man sounds pretty crappy but glad to hear you are still amongst the living, would be a shame to stop seeing updates on this ;)

LOL!! You're too kind, Admiral. Loving the progress on your Mass Effect build by the way. . . . glad to finally see some updates on it.

UPDATE With Some Pics

It's by no means done, but here are some pics of what I've been able to do with the Cod and my limited foam abilities. :p Like I said before. . . . It's slow going.

DSCF7126.jpg

DSCF7128.jpg
DSCF7129.jpg
DSCF7130.jpg
DSCF7131.jpg
DSCF7132.jpg
DSCF7127.jpg

I've still got a lot of things to do to make it look right to me, but it's a start. The shot of the left side of the belt is how the other side looked like before I got home this morning. I was able to cut out the other pieces and get them all together for the photos. I over sized the cod on purpose to give me a couple inches to work with to do some more undersuit detail for him, like the hip pad things and other stuff on the front of the abs.

I still need to cut out the parts for the left side of the cod and do the groin piece on the front to make it look like it should. Then, I was thinking of covering the outside of everything that are the high pieces with craft foam, like I did the little box thing on the right side, to give it a cleaner look before paint. What are everyone's thoughts on doing that? Having not worked with the foam much, I'm wide open for suggestions.

I know it's not much, but that's what I've managed to get out of the last couple of days with everything else going on. I'm going to try to have a finished product sometime today or tomorrow morning before I go to bed. If I get it finished up, I'll definitely post some more pics. Hope y'all like and enjoy and as always. . . . Keep the suggestions and comments coming and until next time. . . . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back