Props Gravity Hammer (Very Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drack

Hey guys.

For those of you that know me you will know I had almost finished my Masterchief suit. Thing was my glue gun died and the replacement sucked. So rather than do nothing I thought a weapon would be fitting and would just make do with using the crappy glue gun I had until the newer one turned up. I was going to make an MA5C but as I already started a SCAR I wasn't in the mood for another assault rifle. I thought why not make my favourite Halo weapon, so here it is so far :)

Reference image.

IMG_1065.png

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

I have used some of the pep file. Not sure who made the Hammer file but I just borrowed a couple of bits to save me working out some of it but most of the build is free hand. It's not sealed up yet as I have to get all the lighting done first. There will be 50 LEDs in all. Then comes the hard part of getting the main shaft to slot up inside it. Hope you like what I have done so far.

Tom.

Heck yeah I like what you've done so far :) . Never thought about attempting a hammer this way....this should be great. Keep up the fantastic work sir!!

-Matt

Having been in the same room as this hammer I can say its every bit as epic as it looks an very very pink! :D
Nice work!!

Cheers guys :)

I must say I did have the choice of foam colour, couldn't resist making it pink.
I was thinking about the actual size of these things and you see a Brute holding one and it's just above their head height, you pick one up in game and it is just above your head height. Now seeing as it is primarily a brutes weapon it should be about 15 foot long, that's twice a Spartans height. I scaled mine to what I thought it should be for Spartan ofc.

Well better get back to it as I have to get it ready to put the lights in next :)
Tom.

I like my glue gun to get the glue really hot. Plus the tip needs to get hot too. My first guns nozzle was wrapped in rubber so I cut it off. The new one doesn't and the metal nozzle stays nice and hot. When I get round to my tutorials you will see why. The new one I have is awesome sauce! Also you don't want the gun to spew out glue when you're not using it and the crappy one did.

Update time.

I finally got to spend some time on my hammer this week. My wife was kind enough to let me do what ever I liked on Farthers Day so I chose to geek as she calls it :D.

The parts to the hammer are still not connected because the hammer head will be sealed up so need to get the wiring done first before I glue the parts together. I am now at the stage of installing the lights so hopefully will have an update of that soon. I just need to work out how to house the 4 X 9v batteries required for the 50 LEDs I will be putting in this bad boy. I am thinking of having the bit that I will be making to go on the very top of the head to hold the batteries. It will be made to slot in and out of the hammer with rare earth magnets attached to hold it in place.

For a sense of scale the cutting board it is on is size A2 or US size C.
Without further a due here it is so far, hope you like it :)

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you dude. May be I should call it a techni-coloured dream hammer now :p

@ Techgeek and Thorn. Thank you guys glad you like it :).

I must say I am loving this build. I have no strict pep to work from so is nice custom making the templates. Plus the lighting and handle are going to be a challenge as the wires have to run through so many of the parts. I am looking forward to working out how to get the wiring to run down to the switch on the handle. I am not sure how it does yet as not a techy but the switch should also light up blue. Going to play with that in the next few days to see how it's done.

Hehe Ironbloodedcrow. I was gutted I ran out of pink for the plate on the back of the hammer head (the red bit), I could have gone out in the car and got more but I am lazy and have loads of other colours to use.

Small update.

Got The bludgeon nubs made for the head of the hammer last night after work.

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

I realise in the pic I have them on wrong but they are not glued so will be gluing them the right way round :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That has to be the most adorable gravity hammer I have ever seen! It's so pretty. All festive colors aside, this is really awesome.........sauce!!!!!!!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back