Skyrim Helm of Yngol FINISHED PICS PG2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, my cold cast powder came in yesterday, because it's all I could think about... I began and this is my first cold cast:
085f8109.jpg

c7d94696.jpg

49ffd460.jpg

I then hit the whole helmet in black flat finish: (looks glossy because it's wet)

ad683ae7.jpg

331b7d1f.jpg

Quick comparison:

6073bcd6.jpg

a6c0d41e.jpg

4e3588ac.jpg

7b2da053.jpg

Time to buff....

Bravo sir!! Particularly fond of the weathering, and the color transition in the horns. Very well done.

-Matt

That is so so awesome... I love your cold cast/blackwash/steel wool technique, the effect is fantastic. Looks all too real. Now I want one for myself...

Wow. This looks awesome. I'm not an avid Skyrim player but from what I've seen, this is fantastic!

Thanks guys! If anyone is interested in a Cast/Cold Cast, I will be selling them. Just PM me. I may also make a thread in the classified section as well.

I wanna at lease pull a few more of these things as pay back that mold I made! haha

I am actually in the process of making the same helm. I just finished the pep today and have never done molds.

Just wondering what was the resin you used to solidify the helm

The helmet has now been clear coated and is officially finished! (sorry I only have an iPhone to take pictures with)

c54c3dc7.jpg

97c13dcf.jpg

0b3d7f32.jpg

bd3be35a.jpg

edc083c3.jpg

7de729a4.jpg

7b887bff.jpg

3bac5332.jpg

Details

82fe9966.jpg

cce9928f.jpg

96ac6fe2.jpg

Thank you to everyone who followed this build! Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

Oh wow. How did I just find this? That is amazing, and I can't wait to get a hold of the clay I need to make one of my own! I'd love to have a copy of yours, but there's no way I could afford it! :( Might I ask if you have any tips for the molding portion though?

Oh wow. How did I just find this? That is amazing, and I can't wait to get a hold of the clay I need to make one of my own! I'd love to have a copy of yours, but there's no way I could afford it! :( Might I ask if you have any tips for the molding portion though?

Thanks.

Price dropped in the classifieds.

Times is tough. $200 for a cold cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back