Fallout New Vegas Anti Material Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello 405th!! I posted a teaser pic of my finished anti mati rifle in my ranger build, and now i decided it was time to get it posted up in its own thread haha.
I decided to go with the upgraded version, with the CF parts, upgraded bolt, and muzzle flash suppressor.
I then decided to get my dads help and add a little bit of ranger flare to the rifle. I gave it the ranger symbol and sequoia text, which I got the idea for from a mod on the pc game. The text and bear are true 18k gold leaf. My dad is the one to thank for that haha, I traded some work to pay for his trouble but I'm deff glad I did. I'll be posting my progress pics with explanations, and what the gun looks like in game for a feel of what i made it off of, since I don't know how many of you have played new vegas.
830px-Anti-materiel_rifle_1_2_3.png

now onto my gun
In Progress

This baby began life as a Nerf cs-6 Recon (I think it was) that somehow had the tube inside broken, so the gun was useless and no longer fired. After some thinking and planning, I decided that with the help of some foam, styrene, and good old fashioned elbow grease, I could make me an anti mati rifle to compliment my Ranger Vet build.
First I took the gun apart and gutted everything besides the trigger and front muzzle that holds the barrel attachments normally. I then added a piece of pvc wedged (darn tight too) into the muzzle end. then I cut a piece of hobby wood to the width of the frame and bolted it just above and behind the grip. then i stacked foam 3 wide/deep and trimmed it to look like the lower portion of the stock. Then i marked and cut the heck out of one side, and used the same size pvc, and made a bolt for the inside. I had to make a seperate notch in the clip so it would lock in without going into the gun as far and thats all what you see below.
IMG_3615.jpg

From there, I just continued to add details, and build up layers of styrene and small amounts of foam until I had the look I wanted. The aluminum tube the bolt slides into in the stock is a piece of an extendable pool cleaning rod I found.
IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_3642.jpg

IMG_3644.jpg

The "carbon fiber" is upholstery fabric that i cut and glued onto a sheet of 40 styrene to hold shape. I have real carbon, and could have used that, but I am saving that for something bigger I have planned haha.
IMG_3645.jpg

IMG_3651.jpg

I then needed to extend the clip to make it look like it was holding 50 bmg rounds haha, so hello again styrene.
IMG_3655.jpg

then I worked on the muzzle suppressor, which is styrene foam, and wood.

Then it was time to disassemble the gun, battle damage it, and then prime and paint it. I got a bit carried away and accidently skipped those steps, so all you get to see is the finished product, sorryXD
Finalized
IMG_3664.jpg

IMG_3665.jpg

IMG_3668.jpg

IMG_3669.jpg

IMG_3670.jpg

IMG_3673.jpg

IMG_3671.jpg

As I stated before. The lettering is hand lettered and was done by my dad. He did it rather quickly, so It is a tad sloppy, but I think it adds to the feel and look of the gun.
WEll anyway. That is my anti mati rifle. let me know what you think everyone. I will be doing a photoshoot with it in my ranger thread in the next day or two so keep a look out!

returning to patrol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude thats great!!!! Nothing like a girant rifle with a muzzle break to make you instantly feel like a bad a$$!! Great work man, im truly jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back