Progress-
Pep: 100%
Resin: 100%
Fiberglass: 100%
Bondo:60%
Sanding: 10%
Paint: 0%

My ODST WIP

Alright i'm back! Sorry that it's been a 2 weeks since last post, but i was on a backpacking trip with some friends.

Anyways, my butt is still in gear and have spent the 4 days of my return pepping a bit so here's my progress

mms_picture.jpg

As you can see i have ditched the foam chest and am continuing my use of the paper one. Next piece of progress chest assets are completely pepped. Shoulders + gauntlets done be pepped. Hips and belt buckle. Oh, and since the gauntlets were a bit small after scaling, i made the top of Jimmy Da Moose's Mickey Shoulder as an addition. Almost in the style of sharkface from Red vs Blue. SO anyways, all of this is done pepped, and i do not plan on continuing on to the next step until all is pepped. Should start working on the cod piece and thighs this week and plan to keep you posted.

So here is a pic of my overall progress of my suit. Not too impressive for a bit over a year of work. The Photo is Hugh Holder's, whose files i am using.

HughsODSTWIP4.jpg

Also, as a side thing, does anybody have an armor addition suggestion that might look good on an ODST? Such as a com-link, or a knife.

Thanks, ODST479

Very good pepping so far!

As for armor addition, here are my three suggestions :

1) Knife
2) Bullets strapped to a piece
3) Holster of some sort strapped to the thigh piece

By the way...those four days of peppin' have been really productive lol!

Looking great man! It will be interesting to see the CQC shoulder piece, I rarely see other people pep it. Its also really cool you pepped the chest core. I find its actually fairly comfortabe as long as its scaled right.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Still At It! Doing A LOT

Alright, i'd like to start out with a thanks to ZMX. I'm definitely adding a knife and a tactical thigh pack to my ODST armor. I am starting to visualize the end product so this really helps. I'd like to point out though that the chest core, the helmet, and the shoulders were already done before i started the thread, so not all of it is new.

Also to Jimmy Da Moose, i'm always happy to see positive feedback. Your ODST build has inspired me a TON! Your work is thoroughly good, and i follow your thread. So thank you too.

SO, here is today's progress...

mms_picture1.jpg

I have completed pepping the cod piece and both thighs. You can see in the right thigh the cut out for the tactical leg pack, the left thigh is just normal. Thanks for the feedback everyone and still if anyone has suggestions, i'm always interested.

Thanks, ODST

Almost Done Pepping!!!!!!

Alright, so i was camping last weekend and got sick so haven't worked on much since then but yesterday i did some stuff...

I completed one of the 2 shins...

mms_picture2.jpg

Made a Big Ass knife....

mms_picture3.jpg

A UA addition

mms_picture5.jpg

And to keep myself from insanity, decided to do something fun....

mms_picture4.jpg

That's been my progress, so right now i have to print out the final shin guard and i willl be done with pepping.... everything!!!!! Man can somebody shoot me now? :D

With Hugs and Kisses,

ODST479

I sure as hell ain't gonna be the one to shoot you...if I do, I'll never see the end product of your build! Glad you liked my suggestions. Gotta say that what you did on the right thigh piece to accomodate the tacpac is very smart! Keep up the good work ! (Reminds me that I STILL have my shins left to do. /sigh)

Pep is done!

Well Guys, I'm serious about my last comment on shooting myself more than ever now ;) But it's been worth it. So here's the whole thing pepped.

mms_picture1-Copy.jpg

mms_picture-Copy.jpg

mms_picture-2.jpg

Not bad eh? Just Imagine that taking up all the floor space in my room :D

With a sigh of relief i take my next step! I have gotten the fiberglass, resin, brushes , and all the rest of that good stuff. I'm going to wait a few days before i start though. Might finally sleep. Well that is it my friends

Oh and thanks ZMX! Those greaves are hell, i know. Just power through!

Thanks,

ODST479

Geez! that's a lot of pepping in such a short amount of time! You going to have some *fun* with bondo! Looking great!
Haha, alright, i will.
So today i did two coats of resin on the COD piece as practice for rest of the build, it's not warping at all so i am pretty happy about that. All i have for pictures right now is this one my dad took before i started.

Like my suit? My mom brought it home from hospital (where she works) one day, and today felt like the time to use it. So that was today's progress, and this time if anybody has tips for resining, i'd appreciate them. Tomorrow i will resin as much armor as i can. So Bon Soir 405th!

Seriously though, tips would be nice.

-ODST 479

looking pretty promsing hope the resining/glassing stages go over pretty well
wear eye protection!!!!!! ;)

Take your time and everything should go along nicely - don't rush : rushing ruins pieces!

Thanks for the tips guys. So today, i was supposed to resin the rest of my pieces. Well it didn't go like that. It's the middle of a heat wave here in so cal and its 110 out. I resined a hip plate, turned around to do the other one, the resin cured. In the cup, couldn't have been more than 2-3 minutes. So my plans are grounded until this darn heat wave is over. Well i'm unbelievably hot right now so i'm going to cool off. I'll see you when the heat is gone. Oh and how is the resin supposed to feel after it's cured? My Cod piece is still flexible so i don't know if i did that right

-ODST 479

If you did just one coat of resin, it makes sense if it's flexible. What you want to do now is to get some fiberglass cloth, cut it up into some pieces, put it on the inside and resin the cloth. Or you could use the rondo method. Whatever you choose! Keep up the great work!

Smallish Update

What up Home Slices?

Hey so since it's still hot, i haven't worked on resining the parts. BUT when i don't resin, i cut foam. This is the part of the show where i improv. SO here is the first thing i cut today.

mms_picture-3.jpg

They are a custom pair of shoulder bases. The thing i need for this build is comfort. So i made these to my dimensions for my shoulders. So here one is with the shoulder piece on it for your enjoyment.

mms_picture2-1.jpg

You can still see the lines i know, still haven't painted, don't worry. Which brings me to my other thing i made...

mms_picture3-1.jpg

And the spine Piece.

mms_picture1-1.jpg

Yes that is the butt-plate. The thing is, the file looks to bulky, so i figure, if i make a custom piece that doesn't impare my movement and looks cool, well i got myself i deal. It will sit on my lower back. You can also see i cut out the spine accent pieces. I'm going to head to the store in the near future and pick up some craft foam sheets for better, smaller details on them. Yet one more thing, i have another piece coming your way for the butt-plate. Just a detail piece, but i need that foam.

So that is my update, didn't want to be lazy and unproductive during this heat wave. Sorry, final thing, if anybody has a way to make accurate ODST gloves, it would be nice to here it. I'm not talking 5 dollar airsoft, but game accurate gloves. See you soon 405th. Proof of heat >http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/Riverside+CA+92506:4:US

Thanks,
ODST 479

sean bradley atleast DID some game accurate gloves...
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/18473-Accurate-Odst-Gloves
maybe you could ask him.

Hmm. Those are some nice gloves. I'll try to get ahold of him. In the meantime i decided to upgrade my shoulders to Kirrou's hd odst shoulders instead of my halo 3 ones. Also i am going to up armor my odst helmet. So currently i have printed and cut them out, just need to glue. And i'm sorry guys, it's still to hot to resin, let alone be in my garage for more than 2 minutes. So as soon as the heat is gone i promise i'll continue. I'll post some pictures of everything then.

Thanks,
ODST 479

If you want some ideas on a more game-accurate butt pack, check out my thread (bottom of first page and on to second). I feel like I made it pretty accurate to the model, and it's not too bulky. As added comfort, I cut out some polyurethane foam of the pack's shape and stuck it to the back. I hope you try your hand at more foam stuff, I just love to build out of it. Keep up the great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back