Halo 4 Locus Helmet WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I researched a viable option for seeing out of the locus helmet... As CoolC said in the video the helmet is large compared to it's more practicle counterpart, the Master Chief Helmet. The extra room can be used for an internal visual system separate from the helmet. In other words, you can put a video headset on then put the helmet on afterwards.

It took me a while to find something that would be highly efficient, but I managed to find this:
http://www.oculusvr.com/

I know that it is meant for video gaming, but with some sweat and time it could potentially be used inside a helmet as a view screen (or if you're a great programmer, a HUD system of some sort).

visual

i'd think the easy way to see out of this helmet would be to use that main rounded front piece as the template to do a clear piece pull and then tint it using the stuff that looks solid but you can see thru... i'm speaking in generalities bc I don't know what any of that stuff is actually called, but i'm sure you get the idea.

I'm looking forward to seeing this helmet 100%.

I'll have to say I agree with you spitfirejay... Making a clear section around the curve part is a potentially easy way to go and could promise good results with a different style of paint skeme. I also agree on wanting to see this finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back