*CLOSED* Mark 6 W.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinny ODST Boy

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED!
So, yeah. I'm going to make this a professional build, possibly LED's, if I ever learn how. All I know is that it converts electric energy into light, so it needs a switch, batteries, wires, lights, and some kinda plastic thingy to hold the lights. Wow, I think I got that right!

Anyway, I will do the Pepakura and Fiberglass/ Resin, because my dad can't do tedious work like I can! But he will help me with the Bondo, since I am in need of desperate help, and he has used it to fix up his '69 Mustang back in the day. For paint, I will either do it myself, or give it to my friend's dad, HE IS AN ARTIST! He painted FREAKING DIGITAL CAMO ON HIS AIRSOFT GUN! DIGITAL!!!

Here are my reference pics:
Halo3MC.jpg

MasterChiefSizingReference.jpg

I will post files and pictures in next update,
C l-l E C l< |3 /-\ C l< F 0 l2 |\/| 0 l2 E !
Skinny Boy out. PEACE!
peace_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
*Quick Update*

OK, so I calculated the perfect height to the chest piece (or so I thought) by FlyingSquirrel. I was surprised, for the height in millimeters was 343! Anyway, I printed out THE ENTIRE 25 PAGES and I thought a good place to start was the collar piece:
7458024554_8c6442a5d6_n.jpg

Thank GOD I started here. I made the three pieces to this part, then i tried to fit it over my head.
fyblogging-fail.jpg

You now how that piece is supposed to go around your head?, well, it rested on my head. So, what I thought was the perfect height, turns out it wasn't the right width. Or depth, IDK. Anyway, I scaled the it to the depth/ width I need. Problem:
Original height= 343 mm. Height NOW= 405. Two VERY hilarious numbers, but that's not the point. I just added 60 more millimeters to a perfect height! I hope this doesn't effect anything, I can't know for sure, since I WON'T know until I completely finished the chest. That's what scares me.

I think next update I will have pictures. Here is the link to the chest piece I use

Skinny Boy out. PEACE!
peace_3.jpg

EDIT:
The collar area of the chest piece is NOT supposed to fit over your head. The chest piece is meant to be cut into two pieces. If you try to re-scale it in order to slide over your head, it will turn out to be too big for you. Check out Cereal Kill3r's WIP thread or better yet, his step-by-step tutorial on how he built his Mark VI armor.
Thanks. I re-printed the collar piece and I know were to cut once I have Pepped the armor.

You now how that piece is supposed to go around your head?, well, it rested on my head. So, what I thought was the perfect height, turns out it wasn't the right width. Or depth, IDK. Anyway, I scaled the it to the depth/ width I need.
The collar area of the chest piece is NOT supposed to fit over your head. The chest piece is meant to be cut into two pieces. If you try to re-scale it in order to slide over your head, it will turn out to be too big for you. Check out Cereal Kill3r's WIP thread or better yet, his step-by-step tutorial on how he built his Mark VI armor.

Problem:
Original height= 343 mm. Height NOW= 405. Two VERY hilarious numbers, but that's not the point. I just added 60 more millimeters to a perfect height! I hope this doesn't effect anything, I can't know for sure, since I WON'T know until I completely finished the chest. That's what scares me.
Now it's going to be more than two inches too big for you. Stick with the 343mm height for now until you build the shoulder part to see if the width fits you.

Ral is indeed right. Its the width you want to go off of really. Keep going with the 343 scaled one! Good luck, and welcome to 405th!

*Update*

Finally, some pics!

OK, I have finished the collar piece and some parts around it:
(sorry about the crappy photos.)
7492495624_1601117764.jpg

7492495524_f56fdf4846.jpg

I am going to take a break from that and focus on the boot covers. Here's how I plan to do it:

I'm going to use both the LD and the 2-piece HD models by ROBOGENESIS. (I <3 U ROBO!)
I am going to cut and use THIS piece:
7492445782_38c4f792d6.jpg

and use THIS piece:
7492445838_bf3a40d935.jpg

Resin, fiberglass, Bondo, paint, and pad (to make sure my actual shoe doesn't bounce around) the two separate pieces, EXCEPT the paper tabs to connect them. Then, I encase my shoe:
7492495420_4875ea8090.jpg

with the two pieces, bust out the super glue, and glue them together! YAY!

At the moment I am out of paper, so I can't print anything else right now.

Skinny Boy out. PEACE!
peace_3.jpg

looks nice so far just a bit of advice though for the low def model use cardboard over your model to add detail just be sure to cover the edges of the cardboard so it won't have little tiny gaps when you add bondo

looks nice so far just a bit of advice though for the low def model use cardboard over your model to add detail just be sure to cover the edges of the cardboard so it won't have little tiny gaps when you add bondo

Actually, I am using mostly HD parts. For the boot, yeah, I am using the toe of the LD model because the only difference between them is that the HD has a needless indention that won't even effect the appearance of the finished suit. Thanks for the advice, I will probably use it anyway to make it thicker!

again just make sure you cover the sides of the cardboard so it doesn't add tiny little holes to pieces you worked hard on thanks for listening i'm glad i could help and good luck on your armor

Now closed!

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED! I don't enjoy making these files, I am going to make custom Reach armor instead.

Skinny Boy out. PEACE!
peace_3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back