Vico's first Halo Reach Commando Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugilator

Here's my first project.
I'm a beginner. Let me know if you like what I have done and post a reply if you have any suggestions.
(sorry for the english mistakes! english is not my first lenguage :( )

Pepakura phase

foto4dl.jpg

foto5qc.jpg

fotocl.jpg

Youre pepping looked really great its comin along fantastically now on the topic of the blue chrome that you had asked about
the blue chrome i used was actually a tint, it made it somewhat difficult to work with since my visor pieces had to bend when i inserted them and window tint doesnt like to bend too much

if you can tell on my lower layer the bending affected it to a degree.

some people suggested just purchasing a motorcycle visor, some may come in that blue chrome style that youre looking for
the reason i did the window tint is because it was very inexpensive and that is one of the reasons for me doing my build was so i DIDNT spend too much since it is my first one

this is what i used and it shipped very fast and is very cheap, i purchased 2x 1ft by 40in. and they cut it all to one roll
i doubled the order incase i messed up if thats the route you wish to choose i would suggest finding a polycarbinate faceshield or cheap bike visor and using the heating method to get the bend on the visor

now i didnt use the heat stress bending technique but there are ppl that have tutorials on here for doing that, i know some ppl use a heat gun as ive seen, but i didnt know of that style until after i'd already set my visor in.
hope this helps you out some

Youre pepping looked really great its comin along fantastically now on the topic of the blue chrome that you had asked about
the blue chrome i used was actually a tint, it made it somewhat difficult to work with since my visor pieces had to bend when i inserted them and window tint doesnt like to bend too much

if you can tell on my lower layer the bending affected it to a degree.

some people suggested just purchasing a motorcycle visor, some may come in that blue chrome style that youre looking for
the reason i did the window tint is because it was very inexpensive and that is one of the reasons for me doing my build was so i DIDNT spend too much since it is my first one

this is what i used and it shipped very fast and is very cheap, i purchased 2x 1ft by 40in. and they cut it all to one roll
i doubled the order incase i messed up if thats the route you wish to choose i would suggest finding a polycarbinate faceshield or cheap bike visor and using the heating method to get the bend on the visor

now i didnt use the heat stress bending technique but there are ppl that have tutorials on here for doing that, i know some ppl use a heat gun as ive seen, but i didnt know of that style until after i'd already set my visor in.
hope this helps you out some

Thanks! Thanks a lot! :) I will do as u suggest, also because I don't want to spend much too. and what about led-lights you placed in your armor? have u ever tried to place them into the helmet?

Thanks! Thanks a lot! :) I will do as u suggest, also because I don't want to spend much too. and what about led-lights you placed in your armor? have u ever tried to place them into the helmet?

The LEDs i have are from a few motorcycles i own
i have maybe 5-6 different sets but most of them are strands of LEDs the one i show on my JFO thread are 1 of 2 sets i have left, theyre the only small sets i have BUT are too large to mount in my helmet, so since im not spending more than i have to i havent taken the liberty to buy and small LEDs for my helmet, at some point i will

just keep up the good work and keep searching through the thread theres bound to be some good information that you can use for your project

The LEDs i have are from a few motorcycles i own
i have maybe 5-6 different sets but most of them are strands of LEDs the one i show on my JFO thread are 1 of 2 sets i have left, theyre the only small sets i have BUT are too large to mount in my helmet, so since im not spending more than i have to i havent taken the liberty to buy and small LEDs for my helmet, at some point i will

just keep up the good work and keep searching through the thread theres bound to be some good information that you can use for your project

thanks a lot (again)! i sent u a friend request ;-) see u soon!

Not To Worry:

no problem.my custom JFO is my first build so i dont know too much about like 3D modeling or perfect techniques for glassing, but the smaller do it yourself pieces and painting schemes im pretty familiar with.

just keep up the work and keep everyone updated with what you're doing
by the time you know it you'll be done with your helmet and onto the rest of the suit,
im on a strict deadline for october so i try to keep my head in the game daily im always doing something

keep pushing forward

Not To Worry:

no problem.my custom JFO is my first build so i dont know too much about like 3D modeling or perfect techniques for glassing, but the smaller do it yourself pieces and painting schemes im pretty familiar with.

just keep up the work and keep everyone updated with what you're doing
by the time you know it you'll be done with your helmet and onto the rest of the suit,
im on a strict deadline for october so i try to keep my head in the game daily im always doing something

keep pushing forward

I will post the pictures of my works on the commando helmet untill the end of the project. Here in the forum i found a lot of suggestions and good new ideas.
First of all I want to finish the helmet, and then i will start to plan for creating the entire suit.
What u found more difficult to do? the helmet or the suit pieces?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back