Halo 4 armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense but the chest in the first image looks a bit odd or mabey that's just me?
But you are going really really well, I'm not that good at the unsc spartan armor
oh ok now I know what you mean, also this is my first build so im trying.
Thanks for the heads up will try to do better! :)

Update: Well after some hard work I finally finished my chest piece :)
Now I just got to get the paint job, but I will do that last.
IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You sir... are making me doubt on doing MC MK VI or MC MK VII :p LOL...! There are quite a few inspiring builds on the 405th, but yours inspires too :) Btw peppin looks clean and kinda agree with Croc, but nothing that Bondo/Putty cant fix!

Keep up the good work, sub +1 :)

Wow! your work is truely inspiring! OH!!! AND I think I can help you with the visor for the helmet.

I have done a lot of research in this area so I figured I might could help. I found about two different ways to do the visor (although I never did a visor myself...) The first way has all to do with vacuforming a clear piece of plastic, plexiglass I think, then you lightly paint the visor with silver paint. The best kind of paint to do the job cost $$$ and takes practice to get right. In that case here's the second option which has already been mentioned in this thread. The other way is motorcycle visors. Some people use clear motorcycle visors and do any variation of the previous method which can also include layers (two visors stacked on top of each other for details) or dremeled details. Whichever way you choose to go I"d like to repost a visor that someone else on this website used.

http://stores.ebay.com/BIKER-SHOP-INC/BUBBLE-/_i.html?_fsub=2267266017

The visors have an excelent curvature and come in chrome or gold colored lenses. In my opinion the gold was not nearly opac enough so it might be a better choice to get a silver and tone it with an amber acrylic (or similerly shaded) paint. I hope that this will help save a few hours of your own time!

You sir... are making me doubt on doing MC MK VI or MC MK VII :p LOL...! There are quite a few inspiring builds on the 405th, but yours inspires too :) Btw peppin looks clean and kinda agree with Croc, but nothing that Bondo/Putty cant fix!

Keep up the good work, sub +1 :)
Thank You!!! I Never thought I would ever have an inspiring build! and if you do plan on making a MC MK VII the peping i personally think is A LOT harder.
Also because most of the pep files dont have support struts ESPECIALLY the chest piece :p
But whatever you plan on doing I will sure follow along! :D
It's really looking excellent Bulbxsaur, the speed that you're working at I wouldn't worry to much, you're flying lol. :)
Always wanted to fly xD
And This is my first time going to a midnight release in halo armor :p would suck not to finish, but honestly I also think that I will finish, because I'm very motivated
Even If I only get small things done in a day
chest looks great man, looks like you really got it down.
Tank You :D (thanks)
Wow! your work is truely inspiring! *OH!!! AND I think I can help you with the visor for the helmet.
* I have done a lot of research in this area so I figured I might could help. *I found about two different ways to do the visor (although I never did a visor myself...) *The first way has all to do with vacuforming a clear piece of plastic, plexiglass I think, then you lightly paint the visor with silver paint. *The best kind of paint to do the job cost $$$ and takes practice to get right. *In that case here's the second option which has already been mentioned in this thread. *The other way is motorcycle visors. *Some people use clear motorcycle visors and do any variation of the previous method which can also include layers (two visors stacked on top of each other for details) or dremeled details. *Whichever way you choose to go I"d like to repost a visor that someone else on this website used.
http://stores.ebay.com/BIKER-SHOP-INC/BUBBLE-/_i.html?_fsub=2267266017
The visors have an excelent curvature and come in chrome or gold colored lenses. *In my opinion the gold was not nearly opac enough so it might be a better choice to get a silver and tone it with an amber acrylic (or similerly shaded) paint. *I hope that this will help save a few hours of your own time!
Wow Thanks!! from your link I will plan on getting this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UV400-Orang...t=Apparel_Merchandise&hash=item3a6f46056b&vxp not gold because it looks like his visor is sorta orange-ish :D
Update: Well just bondo-ed the forearms they are quiet heavy now. Tomorrow will sand then more bondo :D
IMG_0348.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In about two months, I will be making my first project. It will be a Master Chief set as well, only foam build rather than pep. I have spent the last few weeks watching the various method you guys use and I feel very comfortable trying. But the only thing I haven't seen much about is the visor. Anyone who reads this could PM me about that would be helpful.

I will start as soon as I have money and space for the tools and materials.

In about two months, I will be making my first project. It will be a Master Chief set as well, only foam build rather than pep. I have spent the last few weeks watching the various method you guys use and I feel very comfortable trying. But the only thing I haven't seen much about is the visor. Anyone who reads this could PM me about that would be helpful.

I will start as soon as I have money and space for the tools and materials.
well foam does make it easier and a lot faster, but if you want something to last a long time pepakura is the way to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back