Sandbagger's Iron Man builds - Now in STEEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Here's a video for you to help your builds and answer some questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Starting to shape the outside of the chest now. First layer of car-body-filler applied in a moderate, yet controlled layer. I mix no more than three teaspoons of filler with a pea-sized amount of hardener at a time to prevent premature curing before I've finished working it. Three is actually pushing it.
oW32nEl.jpg

2. The waist is fitted inside the chest to keep it's shape while the filler is applied. I'll separate the two later to finish them.
71JCmuM.jpg

3. Already, with the first sand-back of the rough coat, a very thin re-application of filler is making it look the goods!
HX5rRwW.jpg

i've got a theory : You have still the armor of first Iron man movie xD

I hope you will have a good mobility because your helmet will touch the neck no ?

i've got a theory : You have still the armor of first Iron man movie xD

I hope you will have a good mobility because your helmet will touch the neck no ?

If not, I will probably cut one row down and make the top part out of foam.

1. I've found that a very light spray of colour (and I mean light), can help in the sanding process to clearly identify low-spots. The downside is that if you spray too heavy, the paint can very quickly clog your sandpaper.
3J8KcKq.jpg

2. Rough filler application continues around the left side.
nCT7w3s.jpg

3. Now getting a bit of an idea of symmetry for adjustment.
zLrqXQn.jpg

If you do a light coat of filler primer then it won't clog as much when sanding and fill in little scratches too :)
Also filler primer is designed to allow for body filler to be applied on top of it.

If you do a light coat of filler primer then it won't clog as much when sanding and fill in little scratches too :)
Also filler primer is designed to allow for body filler to be applied on top of it.

Thanks man.

Sandbagger.

Not satisfied with my first arc reactor, I am constructing a new one from bits and pieces of other ideas.

oiMP3qv.jpg

This looks amazing so far! Im looking forward to seeing the final product, I wouldnt be surprised if it made to elite section its so good!

-PHIL

For the dude asking about the hinge and faceplate mechanism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back