Fudz Custom Halo Reach Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fudz073

Well, I'm back after taking a few months off from making armor. Going into my last semester of school however with the release of Halo 4, I need to be dressed for the occasion. So, let's take a look at the project!

7742055458_c7ee631816.jpg
Base Model by Fudz0732011, on Flickr

7744603540_8f5a8680d3.jpg
Screenshot by Fudz0732011, on Flickr​

I've decided to go with my Reach profile. Despite how much I love the look of MkVI Master Chief, I want a more personalized suit of armor. For the most part, I have the bulk of pep files. My only real concern is the Gungnir Helmet. I might go the route of hinging the front face plate like an Iron Man Helmet. Any suggestions are welcome. ANYwho, here's what I've got so far. I don't plan on going through a step by step tutorial like I have with my other builds unless I'm doing something I haven't seen done on 405th yet.

[GAUNTLETS]

7741722878_c02d0f22f8.jpg
P8070058 by Fudz0732011, on Flickr

7741718020_a160dd65c4.jpg
P8070060 by Fudz0732011, on Flickr

7741715782_fc912093a0.jpg
P8070064 by Fudz0732011, on Flickr​

Upper arms are next and plenty more to Come!

Fudz!

You're back! I've been wondering if I'd see you around on here again. So did the Mk V turn out to be a wash for you then? Either way, you still got that sweet helmet :)

I'm doing a rebuild of my suit from last season this year so it will be nice to watch your build as I build mine. So it looks like you are a 100% foam convert now? Your pieces look good so far- I'm gettting better at it but I must admit I'm not as good as many of the folks here are. I may come to you looking for pointers!

Great to see you back :)

Fudz!

You're back! I've been wondering if I'd see you around on here again. So did the Mk V turn out to be a wash for you then? Either way, you still got that sweet helmet :)

I'm doing a rebuild of my suit from last season this year so it will be nice to watch your build as I build mine. So it looks like you are a 100% foam convert now? Your pieces look good so far- I'm gettting better at it but I must admit I'm not as good as many of the folks here are. I may come to you looking for pointers!

Great to see you back :)

Hey thanks man! Definitely glad to be back.

I've laid the Mark V to rest unfortunately. It was a fantastic build though. By using both the fiberglass and foam methods I've kinda learned the pro's and cons of both. But given the ease and cost of using foam, yes, I a full foam convert now (excluding the helmets... no foam helmets for Fudz ;) )

But I'm definitely still learning a lot about manipulating the foam to get the desired shapes and textures. So, I feel your pain. And I do feel a little intimidated by some of the projects I've seen lately! But it's all fun and that's what counts.

Anywho, Good luck on your project. Can't wait to see your finished suit. There will always be a special place in my heart for the Mk V.

Another Weekend, Another set complete!

[SHOULDER PLATES]

7770627668_513ca2db24.jpg
P8110065 by Fudz0732011, on Flickr

7770625086_25052cec56.jpg
P8110066 by Fudz0732011, on Flickr

7770622450_f703db12bc.jpg
P8110067 by Fudz0732011, on Flickr​

I managed to finish the upper arms. I decided to for-go the detail on the shoulders. Since I'm covering them with armor plates, It seemed a little pointless. There's a little problem keeping the pads on my arms without them sliding down. They're not too big, I guess, but they just don't stay up. I'm thinking about strapping them together so they stretch across my back, meaning they'll be in constant tension preventing them from falling. Not sure if it'll work. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

But both plates, The CQC(Left) and the Mjolnir Mk. V (Right), are also done. I painted them both black just to see if they looked presentable. Kinda hard to tell when they're grey, yellow, and blue! I'm probably going to attach them to the shoulder pads with velcro so that I can interchange different plates if I want to make more later.

But that's all I've got for now. Planning for the chest piece starts tonight and I hope to have that finished by the end of the week. The pressure is on. November will be here before you know it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back