Halo ID Card w/ Military ID card influence. (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halcyon25

Jr Member
Greetings Programs!...

I figured for my first topic I might as well post something usefull and well... here it is...
Was really amazed at the cards Thugzz Deluxxxe was creating and I thought I would give a try at my own version but in a way anyone here could do.

Now I didnt use pepakura, no rather I did this in paint. Now dont start picking on MS Paint, its the one program on this computer that I know how to use really well.

Ok, so onto the fun part... for referance material if you want your card to say something else, I went here UNSC Wiki and look under organization.

Step 1.
You'll need to download this file UNSC_ID_v3b_sliced or UNSC_ID_v4_sliced. Which I so graciusly made twice this morning cause my computer crashed... grr...
v3b
UNSC_ID_v3b_sliced.jpg

v4a
UNSC_ID_v4a_sliced.jpg

v4b
UNSC_ID_v4b_sliced.jpg

v4c
UNSC_ID_v4c_sliced.jpg

v4d
UNSC_ID_v4d_sliced.jpg

Step 2.
Go to http://goqr.me/ and add any data you wish to be on your card. For example, this is what I put in mine.
United Nations Space Command
Commander Finley, Christopher M
CIN: 02535-084CF01989
Navy Beta-5 Division
Section One Clearance
Now once you have entered everything you want, download the QR code at 150x150 pixals. Oh, and yes at the size this is when printed my phone does detect it and display everything I posted there.

Step 3.
Open the ID card sliced file in paint or whichever similar program your perfer and fill in all the lines on bottom piece 2 in bold "Arial" size 20 and top and bottom piece 5 in Bold "Agency FB" size 24 with your info then when your done remove all the lines and extra wording.
Then open your QR code and paste it into the square shown on top piece number 2. Pay Very Close Attention, once your ready to print it, open the page setup and change the orientation to landscape, the file will want to print on 3 or 4 pages at 100% so change the scalling to 42% or "fit to: 1 of 1" which wil be about 42.5%. Now you can print... I used 110 cardstock for my card............ so go ahead already ;)...

Step 4.
Start cutting the pieces out and glueing them together. I used cyberbond super glue cause it sets slower then my normal stuff (Loctite super glue) and it feels solid like a rock, and flexes alot less then a normal ident card does. I only used 8 of the cards and I have plans to make the one with all 10 to see how that one feels but just 8 feels just fine, oh and just a hint the pink is material that needs removed before glueing.

If your havinge trouble coming up with a CIN number keep in mind there isnt enough info on the web about these to really matter whats there so long as its 5 numbers - 3numbers, two letters, 5 numbers, so you could do what I did.
My number is 02535-084CF01989, now if I break it up and explin it 02535 is the hypothetical year I joined the UNSC, 084 is the julian day I was born, CF being my first and last initial which also seems to be what Key's is like in his terminal from aniversary, and 01989 was the year I was really born. Just a thought though, I'll leave you the freedom to be creative.

Front
0818122028.jpg

Back
0818122029.jpg

Angled shots showing the ridge
0818122031a.jpg

0818122033.jpg

In my hand
0818122038.jpg

Enjoy and please feel free to comment and I encourage you to post pics of the Ident card you make.

Chris

Hmm... have you thought about printing it out on some photo paper (the glossy stuff) or plastic or something? Love that you made one that everyone could do for themselves!!

Thinking about making one but subbing the 405th emblem in in place of the ONI one....

Hmm... have you thought about printing it out on some photo paper (the glossy stuff) or plastic or something? Love that you made one that everyone could do for themselves!!

Thinking about making one but subbing the 405th emblem in in place of the ONI one....

haha... no actually I hadnt thought of that, sounds like a great idea, though not one I would suggest for super gluers like myself... Thank you very much, after doing a quik search and pulling up nothing I felt this would be warmly welcomed like Thugzz version was... Feel free to mod it I would love to see what you do.

This looks really nice. So you printed this out on regular printer paper and just layered them on top of each other?

Thank you... Oh, sorry no I printed this out on one sheet of 110 cardstock, the normal stuff for peping, yep then just layered them on top of each other.

Chris

It looks amazing! I am thinking of doing one myself. I also like the idea of the 405th card, it would be a cool way to meet people at conventions of any sort.

Wow really cool and clever idea, not sure if you knew this already or not but it looks very similar to the cards supplied with the halo reach heroic edition packaging. Realised when I saw it next to my Xbox this morning :p

b0a5b012.jpg

40d6db12.jpg

It looks amazing! I am thinking of doing one myself. I also like the idea of the 405th card, it would be a cool way to meet people at conventions of any sort.

Thank you D0pey73, I've started making a 405th version too, I would love to see how yours looks when your done.

Wow really cool and clever idea, not sure if you knew this already or not but it looks very similar to the cards supplied with the halo reach heroic edition packaging. Realised when I saw it next to my Xbox this morning :p

Thank you Halo-Airsoft92, yes I was using This image as referance but yours are much better thank you.

Looks amazing, but is there a higher res of the picture?

Thank you CarterBuilder, the file is 2272x1606 the forum is only showing it at like 30% size, on my screen atleast.

I'll have a new version posted here shortly along with my version for the 405th'ers

Chris

Edit:....huh... I guess Photobucket doesnt want to upload the full size file... lets try this, UNSC_ID_v3b_sliced

Thank you CarterBuilder, the file is 2272x1606 the forum is only showing it at like 30% size, on my screen atleast.

I'll have a new version posted here shortly along with my version for the 405th'ers

Chris

Edit:....huh... I guess Photobucket doesnt want to upload the full size file... lets try this, UNSC_ID_v3b_sliced
I was wondering why mine looked like it was a lower resolution than yours. Thanks for the new upload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back