Frozensnot's Mark VI w/ duel SMG's + MA5D (HD pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE

So...I've been a little busy lately. Right now I'm working on an ODST helmet for my two little brothers. gliderx64 was the member here that molded this helmet for me and now it is finally done. Now I know that it isn't spartan armor but I found no point in making another thread when I'm making just the helmet. But painting it and building it up has helped me get ready for the rest of my halo 2 armor.

DSCN0098.jpg

This has the visor...
partially.
DSCN0100.jpg
It's just a trial of trying out a method hugh holder does and the results are quite stunning. I used an old cd protector that you can get from buying a stack of cd's.

DSCN0107.jpg
I think my handplates are done. The right hand plate is a generic weathering but I cant say the same thing about the left one. I tried to spray the paint and wipe it down but got what you see with the left hand plate. I think I will leave it the way it is just because it looks like it was like melted or something like that. I like it:D.

I was going to build another helmet for my other brother but I figured I would ask him what he wanted rather than surprising him with a helmet that he doesn't like.

So...I made an almost completed Mark VI helmet. I still need to add in the floating faces, so I will add a photo of that when it gets done.

Until next time...

Last edited by a moderator:
ODST helm looks good:)
as well as the handplates. :) glad to see you back working on it lol

ODST helm looks good:)
as well as the handplates. :) glad to see you back working on it lol

Thanks, and hey I'm glad to be working on it too, haha.

I've come to find out that there is going to be more work needed to be done to my forearms. There are details I overlooked between the halo 2 and halo 3 forearms. Now I have to figure out how to put those details in.

Thanks, and hey I'm glad to be working on it too, haha.

I've come to find out that there is going to be more work needed to be done to my forearms. There are details I overlooked between the halo 2 and halo 3 forearms. Now I have to figure out how to put those details in.

Well best of luck to ya :) cant wait to see em

I really like the look of the handplates man! They look incredible! Especially that left one... so much detail! Hard to believe that its pepped.p Great job!!!!

UPDATE

So I'm finally back on track a little. My mark VI helmet is finally ready to be resined.
DSCN0108.jpg

DSCN0109.jpg
I will put the add on details after the resin stage and bondo stage.

I also ran into a little bit of a problem for the halo 2 forearms. They are different, but not entirely from the halo 3 forearms. I looked at a lot of reference pictures and this is what I was able to come up with.
DSCN0111.jpg
Lots of lines! I did a lot of measuring from my forearms to get a very good fit.
DSCN0112.jpg
This was how they came out to be. Although they aren't the final pieces I put on my forearms. VV These are VV
DSCN0115.jpg

DSCN0116.jpg
I feel they came out pretty good. I'm still unsure if I should square up the purple foam or leave it angled. I kind of like the angled look. It looks...unique. A little customization for my halo 2 spartan.

I finished mounting my handplates to my gloves. I just never got around to taking pictures and puting them on my photobucket account.

Thanks for looking.

Until next time...

UPDATE TIME

It's been a long time. Now with a part time job and school full time, it's more difficult to work on my armor. It may not seem much but it's a huge improvement and advancement in my books. I really need to discipline myself.:p

I scraped my old forearms and decided to make another set of HD forearms. I didn't take any pictures though.

I have part of my visor for my odst helmet complete, but considering it's not part of this specific armor build, I wont post it until it's all complete.

The weather sure isn't nice either. It's always cold where I'm at, so resining is a little difficult to do at the time. All I have right now to heat up my stuff is an incubator light for warming up little chicks. I will manage though. Everybody teases me that I will never be able to finish it because it's such a huge project. Slowly but surely it will be complete.

Thanks for looking and until next time...

UPDATE TIME​

So I have some progress. I finally finished my first boot...ever. It's robogenesis's 3 part boot. I went into that avenue for better accessibility. What I want to do with these shoes is to not just have one set of shoes that go inside the mark VI boot. I was thinking of somehow implementing a strap/magnet harness system to secure whatever kind of foot wear I wanted to wear. I also considered the possibility of the mark VI acting more like a shoe instead of just one solid piece of fiberglass and drain pipe. I was maybe thinking of an actual rubber sole and instead of using drain pipe, (or in some instances, one of those rippled plungers) maybe using...something. I haven't come up with anything yet. I thought of leather but I'm unsure how I could use it.

Anyways, here is the boot

DSCN0156_zps2e2a5fd0.jpg

DSCN0161_zpse0cc1382.jpg

DSCN0146_zps56f1637d.jpg

DSCN0147_zpsfe63dc78.jpg

Instead of using the pepakura circle thingys, I used foam to make my own circle...thingys. I'm not sure what to call them.:D I think I will use foam on my next boot also. It turned out quite well.
DSCN0144_zpsbc7e7205.jpg

DSCN0145_zpsc2b8e41c.jpg

Well, that wraps it up. It's good progress for me considering how much time I actually have to work on this project. Any insights or criticism is welcomed as always.

Thanks for looking,
Until next time...

good luck with the boots. I always find them to big.

All the armor are very very clean you watch them up to down and when you arrive to the foots : OUEUAHAHAH what the hell did spartan take a 50" shoes ???

So not a critik but just good luck and try to make a good scale !!

good luck with the boots. I always find them to big.

All the armor are very very clean you watch them up to down and when you arrive to the foots : OUEUAHAHAH what the hell did spartan take a 50" shoes ???

So not a critik but just good luck and try to make a good scale !!
Haha, I know what you mean. The Spartans boots are quite large compared to the other parts of the armor. The scaling issue with the boots was worrying me the most but I think I got a good scale my first time around luckly. Thanks for the encouragement.

Excellent work, keep it up, looking forward to seeing it finish
Thank you, I'm looking forward to seeing it done too :D.

I like the foam on the front of the boot, looks good :)
as far as the area that you dont want to use a plunger or drain pipe, why not maybe freehand something out of foam?? This way it will be flexible and what not. I didnt do that with my boot, but i might fix it and do the foam approach. :)

I like the foam on the front of the boot, looks good :)
as far as the area that you dont want to use a plunger or drain pipe, why not maybe freehand something out of foam?? This way it will be flexible and what not. I didnt do that with my boot, but i might fix it and do the foam approach. :)
Hm, i never thought of using foam. That very well may be how i will tackle this problem. Thanks for the advice mstr :).

UPDATE

So after 6 months I still don't have as much progress as I would like but hey, some progress is better than no progress...right? Hahaha

Anyways, let's get down to business. I almost have all of my pieces resined and rondoed. I still have to make the thighs and the newer handplates. I will be upgrading to the newer style of handplates seen in halo 3. No square plates. I think the halo 3 handplates look better and also the fact that the halo 3 handplates would have been in halo 2 were it not for it being a time issue. So bungie stuck with the square handplates. That's the story I heard.

I've got plenty of pics to prove my work as well.

So far all the pieces I have applied fiberglass cloth to is the helmet and part of the chest.

14f9cb22-645d-4f24-b1cc-2b147814bdbf_zpsei8lgkmh.jpg
Now I have a question about the chest piece. Should I fiberglass it together in it's original shape? Just to make sure it doesn't warp on me. OR, should I not really worry about it and just fiberglass the chest the way it is? Hopefully this made sense.
DSCN0422_zps3f16ecf3.jpg
This SMG is just one of the things that I've been working on. It's coming out decently but...I have one slight problem.
DSCN0418_zps730efc9f.jpg
I want to be able to adjust the stock and have it stay in place extended and collapsed. But I'm having trouble figuring out how to do it.
DSCN0419_zps813202e3.jpg
One idea I had thought of implementing is one of the stocks from the n-strike nerf guns. It has little notches that hold the stock in place. It's not entirely the same setup as the smg but I guess I will have to use my brain on this one.
DSCN0420_zps346adf84.jpg
DSCN0421_zpsb0166afe.jpg
For the gloves I found a pretty sweet pair of motorcycle gloves that have some pretty sick looking finger guards that would suit the armor well. Not canon but still looks cool :p. But there's another problem.
DSCN0427_zps50fe6d4c.jpg
I tried to use plati-dip to cover up the checkered design on the palms of the glove. Another revelation, plasti-dip is not that durable. Is there another material I can use to cover up the white checkers? You may not be able to see the white checks now but they are quite glossy. I also tried spray painting the palm but spray paint doesn't work well on glossy surfaces. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated so I don't have to spend a bunch of money on what may or may not work.
DSCN0426_zps4b5554ad.jpg

I'm sure hoping I will have more time on my hands once school starts again. It's strange that I have more time on my hands when I'm in school but that's how I roll :D. I like critique so feel free to point things out while they can still be fixed. Although small imperfections still do bug me though so I probably already know most of the problems. But in any case, another set of eyes is always good :).

Thanks for looking and keep it cool, 405th.

maybe try to sand the gloss down and use a sharpie to cover the white it might work never know just a quick thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back