Frozensnot's Mark VI w/ duel SMG's + MA5D (HD pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozensnot

The goal for this build is to complete an accurate set of Mark VI armor (Halo 3). Weapons that I want to accommodate with this armor are 2 SMG's and an MA5D assault rifle. I will use this post to update how far the armor is coming along.

Helmet: I need to be able to hear in the helmet...
Chest: DONE!
Shoulders: DONE!
Biceps: DONE!
Handplates: DONE!
Butt Armor: DONE!
Thighs: DONE!
Shins: DONE!
Boots: DONE!

There is still one major thing I need to do to the suit:

#1) Create an undersuit which will involve a main body suit and the neck seal.

This will be very difficult because I have never worked with vinyl or any type of leather stuff before. Hopefully I can have it finished by the release of Halo 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
HOT DAM, looking good. Most people usually switch to the newer suits after each game comes out, but its nice to see someone doing a classic.

But I have noticed that the paint job is way different from halo 2 to halo 3. Master chief seems to have gotten armor that was already loosing it's paint when he first got it on the orbital station, Cairo. Especially the knees, kind of strange but still cool.

Yeah, John got his armor after another spartan had tested it out. There was a comic put out a while back that showed a spartan jump from a pelican in orbit in full MK VI armor, land on the planet surface and fight through a squad of ODSTs. When the spartan reached her (yeah, her) objective, she found that the armor was going to Cairo station for 117. She said something to the effect of "John's getting this armor? He'll be unstoppable." or something like that. So, all that (and any other testing that may have happened prior to that test) would explain the battle damage and paint chips.

I do love that the only difference between the H2 and H3 armors is the handplates. That means that I can whip up a pair of H2 handplates and have that armor too.

Everything is looking very good! It's probably smart to start from the ground up and finish your helmet last, but I do admit that having that helmet sitting on the shelf staring at me, as if to say "Hey, where's the rest?" keeps me going. Good luck with your build!

I kinda wish someone would just do a kickass pep job and leave it be. No painting or bondo work on the outside. That way you could say you're the pre-render'd model of MC. That would be pretty cool ;)

Keep up the good work :)

I kinda wish someone would just do a kickass pep job and leave it be. No painting or bondo work on the outside. That way you could say you're the pre-render'd model of MC. That would be pretty cool ;)

Keep up the good work :)
Hahaha, i think that would be kind of funny.

Yeah, John got his armor after another spartan had tested it out. There was a comic put out a while back that showed a spartan jump from a pelican in orbit in full MK VI armor, land on the planet surface and fight through a squad of ODSTs. When the spartan reached her (yeah, her) objective, she found that the armor was going to Cairo station for 117. She said something to the effect of "John's getting this armor? He'll be unstoppable." or something like that. So, all that (and any other testing that may have happened prior to that test) would explain the battle damage and paint chips.

I do love that the only difference between the H2 and H3 armors is the handplates. That means that I can whip up a pair of H2 handplates and have that armor too.

Everything is looking very good! It's probably smart to start from the ground up and finish your helmet last, but I do admit that having that
helmet sitting on the shelf staring at me, as if to say "Hey, where's the rest?" keeps me going. Good luck with your build!
I remember that story...just not in that way. That makes sense now. Master chief gets hand me downs, haha. Thanks for the encouragement!

HOT DAM, looking good. Most people usually switch to the newer suits after each game comes out, but its nice to see someone doing a classic.
Thanks, i dont plan on moving to the newer armor anytime soon. I still have to make an odst.

Cudos. Love the H2 work. Pep looks good. Will be watching.

Also: I agree it would be good if someone just pepped a whole suit and left it for reference. Maybe its an idea that can be put out to other threads for someone who wants to practice pepping specifically.

This is looking awesome! I cant wait to see more. H2 is probably still my favorite, its where i actually got into halo seriously. :) So for me it has a small place in my heart lol. +1 to subscription for sure.

Cudos. Love the H2 work. Pep looks good. Will be watching.

Also: I agree it would be good if someone just pepped a whole suit and left it for reference. Maybe its an idea that can be put out to other threads for someone who wants to practice pepping specifically.
Perhaps...I may look into that in the future.

Back to the roots huh? !

i love it ! i wanna see more definitly !
Thanks! I hope to update at least every week.

This is looking awesome! I cant wait to see more. H2 is probably still my favorite, its where i actually got into halo seriously. :) So for me it has a small place in my heart lol. +1 to subscription for sure.
Haha, glad to see I'm not the only one that got into halo because of halo 2.

UPDATE TIME

It's not a huge update but it's progress none the less. I have my handplates rondoed and they are now ready to be detailed. The thigh was being started on until I ran out of rondo. I used the bulk of the rondo on the carbine.
DSCN0067.jpg
(hahaha, stupid bug getting caught)
DSCN0068.jpg

This is my thigh I partially rondoed using cerealkillers method. Kudos to him for awesome videos!

DSCN0072.jpg

The bottom part of the carbine was sanded down a little bit. It may not be noticible, but it's already starting to come around!

DSCN0071.jpg

There is only one major problem, it's a little warped. Nothing a little cardboard and maybe popsicle sticks can't cure!

Thanks for looking and keep being awesome!

UPDATE TIME

Progress has been slow because all of my time is taken up by my chest I'm working on. It's by L3X BLUR1V3R and I'm very confident that it's going to turn out quite well once it's all done. Just 221 pieces to cut out and fold and glue. No big deal, it could be worse right?

I have rondoed my thigh and partialy my shin, but not really picture worthy as of yet.

DSCN0073.jpg
Lots of work to be done on this. I hope I have some time to start working on it today. Most of my day will take up a halo party at my bros house.

DSCN0074.jpg

DSCN0075.jpg

A little progress on my carbine. There needs to be a lot of smoothing and added detail. I eventually want my carbine to look like this.VVVVVVVV
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=halo...w=155&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0,i:98
Any critisism is welcome.

Happy Labor Day!

UPDATE TIME

Man, the chest really slowed me down. But I'm quite satisfied with the results. Everything seems to fit. But in the pictures it looks like the peck part of the chest may be too big. Is that going to be a problem and will I have to re-make my chest to fit me better? At this point I just want things to look right before I get too far in my work.

DSCN0077_zpsec06414f.jpg

DSCN0076_zpsfe56211a.jpg

Parts of chest were warping a little bit so I fixed it with a little cardboard.

DSCN0080.jpg

It's in this photo where the peck part may be too big.^^^^Does it look too big?
DSCN0081.jpg

DSCN0082.jpg

DSCN0084.jpg

I've cut out the inner part of the thigh and will replace that part with foam. It seems to be quite popular, so I'm jumping on the bandwagon too!:p
DSCN0083.jpg

As you all can see, my carbine is finally ready for the final rondo stages in filling it up. I kind of didn't really have any popsicle sticks to use, so I used toothpicks. hahaha

I also have an ODST helmet on the way. It should arrive tomorrow and I am way excited. Thanks glider!

Good pep work, but If I had to say, then I'd say the chest is prolly about...2 inches too wide? about-ish :p

Good pep work, but If I had to say, then I'd say the chest is prolly about...2 inches too wide? about-ish :p
Thanks for the input. I guess it takes 4 eyes to see what was wrong. But I guess in my case it would be 6 eyes with my glasses. :) I was afraid that would be the case. I'll just have to make another one. Oh well, I guess it will give me time to get my under armor...stuff in line before I actually make another chest.

Send that one this way :p lol

still lookin good man :)
Haha, well sending something your way may be a problem. There is some bad news on the progress on my armor. My computer has been down for almost a week now. The computer guy said he fixed it but it is still having problems. On top of that i have no printer to print off any pepakura stuff. My bro took (technically his) the printer for college. Yes i know he needs it but its just slowing me down a little bit. As of now im using my phone. The only way to upload images is through my camera phone, to the photobucket app.

But there is always hope. I can always buy another printer. And i might be able to use my parents laptop and printer to continue my project. That laptop is so much slower than my computer but hey, its better than having nothing right?

For the time being, i have been working on my odst helmet i got in the mail from one of the members on this site. Its turning out quite well. The opening is completely smoothed out and its ready for some bondo work.

Here is a photo of it. I hope the photo does it justice.
20120930_093433.jpg
The top where the bondo work needs to happen mostly at.
20120930_093502.jpg
And for the fun of it, me wearing it.
20120930_093921.jpg
Although i have different plans for the helmet. Its not for me...its for my little brother when christmas rolls around. I already have plans on how it will be presented to him.
And since i have 2 little brothers, im making another helmet for the different little brother. He has said he always wanted a mark 6 helmet. And since his head is the same size as mine, it will be easy to scale for him.

Well...thats it from me. I hope other builders are having better luck than me. Luck is something that i cant replicate from the chief. Haha, best of luck for everyone else!

EDIT: I just realized since this isnt part of my halo 2 spartan armor, i should probably make a new thread for the helmets for my little broskis. What do you all think?

Your brother are sure really lucky to have you as big bro XD keep up the good work man and don't worry for the time lost,when you can't pep or work phisicaly, prepare the work mentaly,like see what you'll need and how you'll have to work in the next days so you can make a build program and get prepared for everithing...or you can just turn on the xbox and get some reference XD

Your brother are sure really lucky to have you as big bro XD keep up the good work man and don't worry for the time lost,when you can't pep or work phisicaly, prepare the work mentaly,like see what you'll need and how you'll have to work in the next days so you can make a build program and get prepared for everithing...or you can just turn on the xbox and get some reference XD
Thanks, I'm planning on making another thread for just the helmets, since they don't have too much relevance to this specific thread.

UPDATE TIME

Things are back in order...somewhat. I'm trying to get back in the groove of armor making. I've been quite the busy person lately.

But I did get a pressure suit a couple of days ago and got a couple of pictures with me wearing my chest and forearms. I really don't want to make another chest piece again, but I may have to in the end. Comparing pictures of the master chief and me and it appears that there's not enough shoulder and too wide of a chest. I didn't like peping the chest but just in case...look any different now I have under armor on?

DSCN0096_zps6983ba68.jpg

DSCN0093_zps607e8f61.jpg
This build though will be a lot slower now that I'm working on two helmets that need to be done by Christmas. Which is an ambitious goal but I think I can make it. I just hope the rain will stop soon.

Thanks for looking!

Actually Yes the undersuit helps a ton! Looks pretty spot on with that thing, I retract my previous statement :p

Actually Yes the undersuit helps a ton! Looks pretty spot on with that thing, I retract my previous statement :p
Thanks for the input. haha, Now I feel more confident I dont need to re-do my chest. Time to put on the fine details now with foam, fix up some areas, and add in the supports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back