Props UNSC Weapons By Justinian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap on a cracker!!! That is just......aaaaawwwww! That has to be the best MA5C out there by miles. If I was the sort of person to buy other people's work then I would be straight onto you for one of these cause I want a MA5C for my suit and this blows the other builds out the water. But....I believe in making my own stuff so I will just admire and take insperation from yours for when I make my own.

Tom.

Holy crap on a cracker!!! That is just......aaaaawwwww! That has to be the best MA5C out there by miles. If I was the sort of person to buy other people's work then I would be straight onto you for one of these cause I want a MA5C for my suit and this blows the other builds out the water. But....I believe in making my own stuff so I will just admire and take insperation from yours for when I make my own.

Diddo....unbelievable work sir!! This has to be one of, if not THE best MA5C project out there....or at least that I can recall in recent memory. Again, great work.

-Matt

This looks awesome!

How are the separate parts held together? Do they slide or snap in some way?

Very smooth and detailed. Well done!

trust me ill be watching the classifieds very closely. this is up there with adams ar, its very very smooth and really nicely detailed.
It's an honor to be considered to be up there with Adam's rifle.
whats the price tag?
I will have a price by the end of the week, but it will only be through PM.
Justinian, you can expect a PM from me when this shows up. Outstanding work! I can't wait to see what you do for the rest of the weapons you plan on building!
That sounds good. I'm also looking forward to how the other weapons come out.
That looks insane my friend! You've really outdone yourself with this one! :D
Funny. I was thinking the exact same thing earlier. lol
Dibs! I totally call dibs
Thanks Brandon. You have been an inspiration of mine for a while.
Epic work of art....Sorry ran out of word to describe this weapons system:D
I know right? I look at it, and don't know how to describe it either. lol
That is beautiful!
Thank you.

Tom.
I'm the same way. The fun for me is in the making of it.
Excuse my language but

Holy cow! That is flipadippin awsome!
Thank you.
Diddo....unbelievable work sir!! This has to be one of, if not THE best MA5C project out there....or at least that I can recall in recent memory. Again, great work.

-Matt
Thank you. There are a few good ones out there. I'm honored to be considered to be up there with them.
Righteous.... nothing else needs to be said lol
Thanks buddy.
This looks awesome!

How are the separate parts held together? Do they slide or snap in some way?

Very smooth and detailed. Well done!
The parts are not held together in any special way. They do fit perfectly together though. Epoxy, super glue or even hot glue should work just fine to hold them together.

UPDATE TIME

So I completely underestimated this molding process. It has been a lot more work than I anticipated. But after pulling a few all nighters the molds are just about finished. Here are a few pics of where they are now.

102_3687.jpg

102_3688.jpg

I'll pour the last of the rubber tonight, and they should be all set in the morning to do some test pulls.

That's it for now.

Thanks guys.

Today I pulled the molds apart and cleaned them up. They turned out great.

I also did my first pull. I tinted the resin, and also used some silver powder on some of the parts.

102_3689.jpg

102_3690.jpg

102_3691.jpg

Overall the mold worked perfect, and the detail was amazing. The only issue was me trying to roto cast by hand. :lol: I was rotating the molds as they cured, but unfortunately my rotating skills were not very good. The walls are very thin in some spots, and way to thick in others. I've decided that I need to build a machine that can rotate it evenly. Hopefully I can have some sort of design done tomorrow, and possibly start to build one. But for now it is very late, and I need to get some sleep. This project has kept me from a lot of sleep this week.

Sorry to have to keep you guys waiting longer for them to become available. I'm a perfectionist, and can't do anything sub par. So it puts production off another day or so, but in the long run production will go faster, and come out more perfect. And also I will have everything set up for future projects. :D

Thanks for looking.

Outstanding job on the mold, even if you're unhappy with the resulting cast, it still looks great.

To help you out with rotocasting, and I apologize if you already know this, which you probably do, you could build a rotocasting machine. There is a pretty decent instructional on how to build an inexpensive rotocaster on instructables. Here is the link if you would like to check it out...

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-A-Rotational-Casting-Machine--For-Under-150/?ALLSTEPS

Anyway, whatever you choose to do, I'm sure it will be magnificent and well worth the wait on our part. Good luck!

Wow! beautiful work!

Imperfect or not, it turned out awesome. I am sort of noob about casting in many respects, so I am curious how strong it is against impacts?

It looks amazing. If I was the type of person whom bought thing's this weapons system would be high on my list. :D

Outstanding job on the mold, even if you're unhappy with the resulting cast, it still looks great.

To help you out with rotocasting, and I apologize if you already know this, which you probably do, you could build a rotocasting machine. There is a pretty decent instructional on how to build an inexpensive rotocaster on instructables. Here is the link if you would like to check it out...

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-A-Rotational-Casting-Machine--For-Under-150/?ALLSTEPS

Anyway, whatever you choose to do, I'm sure it will be magnificent and well worth the wait on our part. Good luck!

Thanks, but I did find that one already. See below. ;)

Wow! beautiful work!

Imperfect or not, it turned out awesome. I am sort of noob about casting in many respects, so I am curious how strong it is against impacts?

I am actually using an impact resistant resin. I did a test with something about 1/8 of an inch thick, and it was very strong. I tried hard, and was able to bend it almost completely in half before it broke. I tested painting it, and paint sticks very well. Even with the flexing, it didn't crack. So this stuff will take a serious beating.

Well ill be a spartans uncle. Thats one fine lookin cast ya got there :)

It looks amazing. If I was the type of person whom bought thing's this weapons system would be high on my list. :D
Thanks you both. It has some minor imperfections, but overall it is an almost perfect cast. :D

I have a small update for what I did today.

102_3692.jpg

Yep I built the roto cast machine that I needed. :D It's about 90% done, but the mechanics work great. I don't know if I will be able to finish it and try it with the resin tonight. But I thought you guys would enjoy this.

..... wooow....i super jelly dude. CONGRATES on a freaking awesome build. I just wanted to let you know i am underway in making the ACR-920 (Railgun) Here is the PDO file if anyone wants to unfold. Im going back under to make a higher definition version. Feel free to make this weapon epicly awesome as well. No permission needed dude. PRAISE THE WEAPON FORGING GOD, JUSTINIAN 117!!!! Wish me luck, and good luck to you J.117! :D
http://www.4shared.com/file/ZnQ3d616/ACR-920_LR.html
Railtest1.jpg

AutoSave_UNSCRailgun1-1.jpg

AutoSave_UNSCRailgun.jpg

That looks like fun lol
It is pretty fun. But it can get a bit mesmerizing to watch.

Awesome man. I take it your not going to add motors?
For right now I just needed to get something up and running. I will eventually add motors.

..... wooow....i super jelly dude. CONGRATES on a freaking awesome build. I just wanted to let you know i am underway in making the ACR-920 (Railgun) Here is the PDO file if anyone wants to unfold. Im going back under to make a higher definition version. Feel free to make this weapon epicly awesome as well. No permission needed dude. PRAISE THE WEAPON FORGING GOD, JUSTINIAN 117!!!! Wish me luck, and good luck to you J.117! :D
http://www.4shared.com/file/ZnQ3d616/ACR-920_LR.html
Railtest1.jpg

AutoSave_UNSCRailgun1-1.jpg

AutoSave_UNSCRailgun.jpg
That looks pretty sweet. I may have to build that one.

Slight update.
I have been looking all over town for the right bicycle chain and parts. Later today I will be going to another store, and hopefully then I will have the necessary parts to complete the roto caster. Then I will be able to cast up a bunch of perfect copies.

I also have all of the extra parts completed.
102_3693.jpg

I also made a bullet for the magazine.
102_3701.jpg

102_3702.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back