Props UNSC Weapons By Justinian

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was one of the most devious smiles I've ever seen at the end of the video.... :) The look on your face wrapped up the entire video in one quick sentence............. "that's right, I built that." Great job buddy!!

-Matt

I saw this on Stony Props Facebook page this morning. Insane barely describes it! Great work, especially for a rush build.

All hail prop-master Justinian! But seriously, just two days? That's beyond impressive. And I actually have a question, I wanted to make the flamethrower myself (after this semester begins to wind down) and wanted to know what are you using to actually ignite the flame? Is it something that came with the portable propane torch? I had ideas about using an electric grill lighter but wasn't sure. That thing looks sweet!

I'm new to the community (fairly new anyway) and am currently working on a Mark VIi suit, helmet is almost complete. One thing I keep thinking about is weapons after I'm done. I love love love love love these weapons. They are magical.

I don't know how I missed the comments. Thank you all.

I am actually still deciding on what I am doing for 2014. I am trying to finish up some private commission work, and then I want to get back into making something I love. My top priority is going to completely finish my Mark 6 suit. Once that is complete, am am not sure what I will do next. I may try to knock out a few non Halo costumes that i have been wanting to build for a very long time, Batman, Iron Man, Darth Vader, just to name a few.

Lately I have been very eager to expand my tool arsenal. I have a 3D printer on order, and I want to build a medium sized spray cabinet very soon. I also want to get a lathe really soon. Once those are all set up, I will be able to work much more efficiently. :D And then I will have a better idea as to what I will put on my build list for this year.

I love watching your builds- they almost always help me with something I'm working on. Guys like you are very inspirational for the less experienced, like myself ;)

Hopefully, I'll be doing my first project involving molding and casting in a month or two.

If you make it to Dragon Con this year, I'd very much like to meet you!

April 13:

I've been busy for the past few days.
102_3855_zps1d3d1a09.jpg

These are up in the Classifieds.

102_3860_zps8cfba216.jpg

102_3861_zps0ecda268.jpg

And some other pictures for your enjoyment.
102_3854_zps65d3c810.jpg

102_3858_zps5703ca6c.jpg

102_3856_zps658fd25d.jpg

Do the Laser & Flashlight attachments work?

After reading this forum, I have never been so inspired to go make a gun in my life. Amazing, just amazing work.
Thank you very much.

I love watching your builds- they almost always help me with something I'm working on. Guys like you are very inspirational for the less experienced, like myself ;)

Hopefully, I'll be doing my first project involving molding and casting in a month or two.

If you make it to Dragon Con this year, I'd very much like to meet you!
I'm glad you find this info useful. I will be at dragon con. It will ge great to meet you.

Do the Laser & Flashlight attachments work?
The flashlight attachments do not work. They are cast solid.

BIG UPDATE!

Halo 2 Anniversary was officially announced the other day. As a result I am going to be making the SMG. I am going to be making this at a very fast pace, but the quality and detail will be just as good as my previous weapons. And yes, I will be molding it.

First shot is my initial design.
SMG_zps08639e12.jpg

And here are the first parts getting cut out on the laser.
smgcut_zps51f0ab63.jpg

More to come soon...

How do you glue on the last part for a pepakura gun? Because you can't hold or squeeze them together because its on the inside. Also how would you harden the model? Would resin and bondo only go on the outside?

I really like the AR you got. So pretty! XD That pistol looks really nice too! :D

Also, that electronic kit you installed for the ammo count.......I NEED one of those for my BR! D: :p I am attempting to make my first weapon out of foam, and quite frankly, it's not turning out as good as I hoped. :(

I really like the AR you got. So pretty! XD That pistol looks really nice too! :D

Also, that electronic kit you installed for the ammo count.......I NEED one of those for my BR! D: :p I am attempting to make my first weapon out of foam, and quite frankly, it's not turning out as good as I hoped. :(

You could always try a sliced version. Unless you already tried it :3

Justin, You never cease to amaze me. H2A was JUST revealed and now you're speed building (what will without-a-doubt be an amazing) SMG prop! Can't wait to see updates!

Well slight update. I started with the magazine. The base and the actual magazine will be separate.
102_4178_zpse5a6345f.jpg

The stock will be retractible. Here it is with the edges rounded.
102_4179_zpsa966c598.jpg

For now the front grip will be movable. So here it is.
102_4180_zpse76c7d2f.jpg

And the base of the gun. The hollow section is for the stock.
102_4181_zps57e5fdc8.jpg

Big progress over the next week. I want to have this thing molded by the end of June.

will you be going to ohiocon this october? and will you be making more weapons for the classifieds?
Unfortunately I will not be able to make it to ohiocon. I will be attending Dragoncon though.
As for the weapons, they may not be in the classifieds, but I still make castings. Send me a pm if interested.

I did a bunch of fine sanding, and the parts are getting pretty smooth.
102_4182_zpsae2d7ed8.jpg

102_4186_zpsccfa0709.jpg

The magazine section is pretty much finished. It is perfectly smooth, and all of the details are done. I am pretty pleased with it.
102_4183_zps8429d74f.jpg

102_4184_zps647f39b2.jpg

102_4185_zps0cb6cce2.jpg

And the rest of the gun pretty much smoothed out and primed.
102_4187_zpsc25e5bbc.jpg

Just a few more places that need to be smoothed out, and then it will be time for the ity-bity details. I am pretty pleased with the progress so far. I'll be working on the barrel and the sights very soon. If all goes well, this should be seeing some rubber early next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back