ODST 3D Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

AverageAce

Hey Guys,

It's been awhile since I last posted, but I broke my Rogue helmet this summer when I was moving out of my dorm so I decided to start on a new project. I'm a 3D Modelor studying Game Development so I was wondering how I could apply my skills to armor making. My office has access to a 3D printing service so it dawned on me that I could make my helmets/armor in 3D and have the masters printed off and then make molds out of them. So here is my first try, an ODST helmet. What do you guys think? It's probably a tad different because the model is based off of concept art. I'm really excited. Please feel free to critique the hell out of this thing.

P.S. Sorry if I'm on the wrong forum, it wouldn't allow me to post in the 3D Modeling forum, and I have no idea what's wrong with the render of the AO helmet.

Printing it off on a 3D printer!?! I'm jealous already. Saves you hours of pep work tho. Not that 3D modeling isn't time consuming however. I have used 3ds max quite a bit.
Helmet looks pretty good, but where is the visor?
I would probably add a few more details. The chin area and I guess where your ears would be. That's just me tho. Can we see a shot depicting the back of the helmet please?

Printing it off on a 3D printer!?! I'm jealous already. Saves you hours of pep work tho. Not that 3D modeling isn't time consuming however. I have used 3ds max quite a bit.
Helmet looks pretty good, but where is the visor?
I would probably add a few more details. The chin area and I guess where your ears would be. That's just me tho. Can we see a shot depicting the back of the helmet please?

Sure thing! I didn't really go heavy on detail because I intended on etching it in afterwards. I was worried about messing up the edge flow if I tried to do too much with the mesh. Here's the pictures of the back, I've included an AO and a wireframe from the high-poly version:

Thanks for the feedback!

I see what you mean about the detail.
The only issue I have with the back of the helmet is how the bottom side (jaw bone area) meets up with bottom rear. The ear piece ( for lack of a better term) seems to stick out akwardly in between there. I hope that makes sense, since I am at work I cannot draw over a copy of the pic to better illustrate my point.

I see what you mean about the detail.
The only issue I have with the back of the helmet is how the bottom side (jaw bone area) meets up with bottom rear. The ear piece ( for lack of a better term) seems to stick out akwardly in between there. I hope that makes sense, since I am at work I cannot draw over a copy of the pic to better illustrate my point.

I definitely know what you mean. I felt weird about that too, I struggled with it when I was modeling but I think I'm going to go back in and mess with it some more. I kind of figured since it was kind of high up and in the back of the helmet it would be out of sight and out of mind, but it's still bothering me :p I really appreciate the feedback Wiezel!

Anytime man! Glad to help. Are you thinking about making models for the rest of the armor too, or are you just gonna stick to the helmet?

Anytime man! Glad to help. Are you thinking about making models for the rest of the armor too, or are you just gonna stick to the helmet?

I plan on doing the rest of the armor at some point, but right now I'm just sticking to helmets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back