Gears of War Female COG Armor Buid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those PEP files for the boots look awful, its all one piece. You mentioned you are near a harbour freight? as far as I know they sell EVA foam quite cheap, have you considered foam for the boots? its more flexible. -you might want to use foam for lots of the other parts, like the hip pouches and thigh pads. Great work so far. look forward to more :3 -Also, you can just build straight onto the black boots you posted.

Update
So I started Resining 6x6 portions of the armor. Not done.

@Archiebuildsarmour & ACDCrockr209 I thought about that. (Archiebuildsarmour) The male shins are huge and these are together. I wouldn't mind if you (Ac/Dc) was to modify them. That'd be Great but I have a question. Do you guys think it would be easier to have it not pepped? Or Pepped on top of something?
Let me Explain:
I went to Academy with some friends yesterday and I wandered down the equipment aisle and bought these (kids shin guards)
f36ae248.jpg

The Reason Why I bought them is cause I thought what If I could sand them to be texturized..Then primer grey paint them and eventually make them appear the same.
e327165b.jpg

334a6f4d.jpg

HERE ARE SOME EXAMPLES *THESE PHOTOS ARE NOT MY WORK BUT I AM CONSIDERING THEIR METHODS USED HERE*
2970451f.jpg

1345b6ff.jpg

f270bcb0.jpg

AS for the knee pads I picked up some from my job (Advance Auto Parts)
I know that they are large but the plastic cap would give me a flat surface...I would cut half off though and sew it
c60c5f8e.jpg

34e5ff9d.jpg

f052c785.jpg

As for the Nike ones..I thought maybe I could use them for the arm armor. I HAVE FOUND NO pep Files for these
In the Comic it switches its appearance slightly
b27b04a7.jpg

Samantha Byrne's is similar
21350843.png

a9e0d3fb.jpg

Alot of the main characters have their own unique style to their armor. You're going to have to choose one style and probably mix it up a bit depending on the reference material available.

If you want Sam's shoulder armor, I got the file. Let me know and I'll send it your way, girl.

All Aspects
I have recently been looking at my pep files for the Frag grenade. I intended to go all out with all these buids..to include weapons.
729c1786.png

Just In case I have also draw up my wn blueprints if my pepping for the frag grenades doesn't work out
23b5f364.jpg

90095b84.jpg

A female COG soldier, nice! That armor looks hard to pep, I'm glad you managed it. :) Looks good so far.
What's left to pep? I can see the chest, shoulder and a forearm to pep, any other pep files to do?

Update: Complete the Front Of Armor

And I have encountered My First problem. The scalling is completely right to my body with the Arm/Neck Holes fitting perfectly HOWEVER
If im going to wear it there is no way I can slip it on over head as the Bottom Hole is too Small. Because I have encountered this problem I have decied to
Cut both the sides as well as the shoulders so that I may test fit it to make sure. I believe that this will make it easier to Resin/Fiberglass.

Believe me, don't do that! Even if you fiberglass the resined parts, it's likely to warp. I did that on my cod piece, and later I had to find out that they didn't match up correctly.
Even if it's more difficult to resin/fiberglass the inside of the chest in one piece you're safe from warping :)

All Aspects
I have recently been looking at my pep files for the Frag grenade. I intended to go all out with all these buids..to include weapons.
729c1786.png

Just In case I have also draw up my wn blueprints if my pepping for the frag grenades doesn't work out
23b5f364.jpg

90095b84.jpg

Wow, nice preparation. Do you have any plans for any other weapons? The Lancer would be awesome!

A female COG soldier, nice! That armor looks hard to pep, I'm glad you managed it. :) Looks good so far.
What's left to pep? I can see the chest, shoulder and a forearm to pep, any other pep files to do?

Since Im Not doing Sam , I dont have to worry about shoulder pieces but since..."TRUE LIFE: Im a Pep File Hoarder" ..lol. ACDCrocker said he'd pass me that file. I was like hells yeah!. What I would need pepped is the forearm armor. I HAVE NOT FOUND THIS FILE.. and if any one could make it I'd appreciate it. If it came down to it..like worse case scenario, then I will use the Shin guard I showed ^^^^ the nike one and build on top of it.

As for resinging separate, yeah...evvvverrrryyone has told me not to so Im going with the lifeline...polled the audience and the general consensus was to put the together resin, fierglass, sand, body filler, sand..then cut.

Wow, nice preparation. Do you have any plans for any other weapons? The Lancer would be awesome!

OOOhhh yeahhhhh....(ferris buller style ohhh yeahh..) (tititdinkti...oh yeahhh)
The character I am trying to portray has Two Frag Grenades, The original Mk2 Lancer (not the knew one with bayonet)(but that one is kickass too) and Snub Pistol.
The Snub Pistol to buy is freeakking Sweet!
8814e624.jpg

I'd love to buy it but its a display piece, a little on the heavy side. Honestly I wouldnt wanna break it cause did I mention its...freeaakking Sweet..

I dont have a snub pistol pep file either..
d19bba30.png

everything but..lol. (These are by different modelers/not by me or modified by me)
I HAVE TONS!! of HD Refrence photos though..(As well as other stuff)
78a712ae.jpg

Lt Artard, I took a look at the snub pistol(thanks for the link, by the way, I didn't have that weapon :p), I don't see any twisted areas. The only thing that it needs to to be made into a solid file which isn't too hard to do.

I could work on this one as well if you guys want. I can also get the Lancer fixed up, too.

Lt Artard, I took a look at the snub pistol(thanks for the link, by the way, I didn't have that weapon :p), I don't see any twisted areas. The only thing that it needs to to be made into a solid file which isn't too hard to do.

I could work on this one as well if you guys want. I can also get the Lancer fixed up, too.

here are 2 lancer files, http://www.4shared.com/file/yiT2sOLP/Ultimate_Lancer_11_scale.html this one has awesome detail but is flat, http://www.4shared.com/file/jISXeBew/Lancer_Assault_Rifle_Epic-Gaar.html this one is rounded and looks great but could use more detail like in the first file. i didnt know if you have these files

if you need any other weapon files i have just about every one in an .obj format, just let me know

Well done so far! We are on the same path it seems. I was hoping to do my Marcus chest in resin/fiberglass and then finish off the belt, boots and gloves in foam. You seem to be moving faster than I am so I will come back here to check on ur progress. :)

MUHAHAHAHAHA UPDATE..lolWearing this mask makes me wanna do a mortal kombat
d3af7e95.jpg

Well The reason I have not posted (on my thread anyway) is because My build got messed up. So the days in between Sept 1 and today (4th)
I was working on re-building a little...cut "A side" to test Again ...worked

a5f74609.jpg

1209cd18.jpg

Success...xcellent (in Mr.Burns from the simpsons voice)
Time to Lay the cut fierglass cloth inside..
ced58788.jpg

Using permatex spray on adhesive (tip of herotutorials)
5d287592.jpg

I asked people what to resin first and CPO said go with your heart (lol) ACDC said I do outside first...so I went with that..lol

Now to set it up...Since Im female and a owner of high heels...you fellas might not know about these
803a86a6.jpg
They sit inside of heels..I was like...lightbulb..

Soooo....
Woi La
58efb5a1.jpg

thanks to all my sticks, carboard, foil and hanger in the inside..no warping but whew powerful fuems.. I mean like i was-lik0akmsidjfnlzsrgnnnnnjskduhw
(2hours later) Hey guys I just woke up..um why am i naked and my faced painted ..weird..oh well. I update again after everything is fully dried and inside resined too..the BONDO!!!!
MUHAHAHAHAHA

NICE! Just one thing. You may want to wear something more than a dust mask. An organic vapor Respirator would be something to look into. And you might not want to do that "inside" it's a lot better to do outside if you can.

Like I said, other than the safety involved "NICE!" work with the chest piece! It's really coming along!

Seth

Agreed. Resin fumes are toxic, so having a piece inside your house that has been resined/fiberglassed isn't a good idea.

So fa so good, but I'm gonna echo the safety hazards. Dust mask no, Organic fume respirator yes. These fumes have been known to knock people out, and while a dust mask will help for the fiberglass, it will not help with resin, or bondo.

Yes, Seth, ACDCrockr and Dh748 are right. You're taking a huge risk by not wearing one of these...

Organic-Vapor-Respirator-300.jpg

Great work so far, just pay attention to safety.

Awwww. You guys care.. :,-(
(my brain is way more gooder dan durs!)
I ONLY did the set up Inside. The dust mask Was used just for the fiberglassing part.
I did it outside...lol.
2a3d3a6e.jpg

5edb444b.jpg

I left it outside a bit but I had to bring it in thats what i meant by fumes all up in the house
well Now ...
Now im just waiting on it to get hard..lol
68d072f2.jpg

:D That I think we do.

Yeah, I didn't want to condemn you or anything, I just didn't want to read:

Mrs.BlueV "Requiescat in Pace'" (assassin's creed)

Anyway great work so far, keep it up.

Seth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back