First armor set, first thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arionis

Evening, 405th. First, I'd like to say I'm glad this sight is here, as many tutorials found here have helped several friends of mine. (and, one in particular, will no doubt help me out immensly). One of those friends suggest I sign up and post here, for help and thoughts.

On to topic, this is the first time I've tried to create an armor, and, while not exactly difficult, it is time consuming (and costing more than I thought), but, I am happy with the progress so far.

The goal is a mix of two icons that to me are personal heroes. The great ODSTs from the Halo universe, and, the Batman.

That in mind, I began work, hoping to be finished by November 6th (big day, the election and all. I'm voting for the green candidate, with the visor).

What I was hoping for was thoughts on the project, and any suggestions you may have to improve it.

First, I don't actually have a computer or internet, so pepakura is, and has been, out as an option. So, these are all cardboard and hotglue frames.

Second, the visor, while it works, is temporary, as I hope to be able to get some acetate to create an ODST visor.

The left (prototype) glove and gauntlet, unpainted. Or resined.

1348515491349.jpg

The right grieve (left is done as well, just, not photoed)

1348435939264.jpg

The helmet (only painted, no resin)
1348521077626.jpg

The carapace (top piece of armor, half of chest) (collar and indent of emblem yet to be painted yellow)
1348529070528.jpg

Now, I do hope to be able to resin these pieces, and there is still more to be made (the bottom chest piece, the belt, shoulders and thighs), plus the hinge plates of the grieves, but, so far, thoughts?

That's so awesome!!!
ODST + Batman!
I love the claw glove and the helmet!

I think you should slap the yellow Michael Keaton-Batman symbol on the ODST chest piece!

Thank you, sir. Glad to hear it's well received, even by one.

A side profile of the carapace, cape, helmet, gauntlet and glove, painted. (The black paint is only really meant for the helmet and carapace, the rest will be a dark steel grey, but, if I can't get the materials in time, then the black will suffice for the release date)
1348549356206.jpg

A shot of my friend Christian in most of the armor. (he's....alot smaller than I.)
1348549819789.jpg

Also, for the symbol suggestion, I actually am planning to paint the collar of the carapace, and the indent, a yellow paint, to match the visor and the belt. (also, which Michael Keaton symbol? Batman, or Batman Returns? They are two very different symbols. (and suits xD)

528631_10151120081920852_972820688_n.jpg
Quick update, carapace and ODST chest piece painted, and the "belt" is done. (said with quotations because I don't HAVE a belt, each pouch connects to the belt loops, as they will when (if) I can get the black cargo pants I need for it. Helmet's also been resined, and a new glove design is being worked on (old style made it difficult to grip still)

I am at a loss of words!!!
(Probably due to the countless hours of Batman voice impressions.) "SWEAR TO MEEEE!"
Good stuff! Good work! The chest piece/Batman logo is a great combination!

okay now thats just cool, i mean sure i'm doing something for a friend and can't show pic's of yet becasue i don't have her under suit but, if i know one thing it's that cross over's are the best things out there.

[video]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151138820435852[/video]
Hopefully that works.

The armor is as complete as it will be getting. (aside from pants).

All in all, I view this as a success, all cardboard, no instructions, and only resin and spray paint. Quite happy with the results, even more so given that it's my first project.

(have you seen the new galaxy s3 commercial
)

0:05- 0:10 kaboom

love your idea

Last edited by a moderator:
311195_10151152588735852_163308982_n.jpg

2012-11-05224458_zps52fc9a98.jpg

Didn't quite get it as good as I'd have liked, (things came up that were more important than armor) and I forgot the cape at home unfortunately, but all in all, it was a pretty good day.

Also, between my friend and I's armor, you can tell how much a difference both funds, and free time, can be in final products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back