mark VI WIP ( helmet ) pic heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

conman756

hey thanks for viewing my project! this is my first pep so i wouldn't doubt it if i screw up but i will NOT give up until i am done. <--- ( part of old post )| [Last page has the new helmets start from pep ]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So it has been a while you could say since this was posted and about a year later i noticed something . . . I still don't have a helmet finished and I am not one to give up easily. So I decided after getting great inspiration from spitfire's low def build and blackula's Halo reach commando helmet that I need to give this thing another shot so I am. Before i updated this build I pepped out a HD Mark VI helmet making sure to score the folds and use new blades every once and a while. Another big part of this peps success is the scaling method i used ( which i found on another site ) but anyways i will be using blackula's
visor install method once the time comes. as is for now i am waiting for the brushes, dremmel tool kit, and gold hjc visor to come in the mail. thank you all for the inspiration to continue :)

Always make the helmet just a bit bigger then required. Padding is always good. But then you can always trim the opening if it is a bit small. It's ok to be a little adventureous when customizing a bit.

yea i realized that a little too late LOL but other reasons as to why i am making another is because i didn't put the paper visor in during fiber glassing and it warped a little but this time i am going to make it a bit bigger and actually put the paper visor in for support this time. i want it to look farely nice when i am done . . . i won't give up until i do this right *determined face*

heres the new resized helmet peeping phase for today :D

IMG_0403_zps539b78ae.jpg

When i did my helmet, i used a dremmel tool and cut my visor section out. But then i also fibreglassed it too. It is a bit of a waste but then my helmet didnt warp. It was too small though rofl.

i guess i know how you feel :p at least this can be a example for people to know that it is important to know what you are doing. (especially with my ingenious improv of skipping the visor) LOL

sucks that you had to redo the helmet I am a little worried about mine but if it has to be remade so be it (hopefully i just need to rim the opening :p) :D youre new pep looks quite clean so far and at least you have an idea of what you are working with if you had to redo it :) I hope to see more pics :D

Hello and welcome mate.
Since i had many troubles with super glue (not comfortable working, fingers always glued and if u use gloves u cant work that well ) i would suggest you hot glue . ( but try it on a test part first a LD shin or smthing . ) If you get the feeling for the hot glue it allows you to work faster and more accurate than with super glue .
Thats my experience so far. someone may have better ways to work with but i felt that i should tell ya :)
Btw hot glue isnt that expenisve neither the material .
I wish you much luck anyways mate !

Hello and welcome mate.
Since i had many troubles with super glue (not comfortable working, fingers always glued and if u use gloves u cant work that well ) i would suggest you hot glue . ( but try it on a test part first a LD shin or smthing . ) If you get the feeling for the hot glue it allows you to work faster and more accurate than with super glue .
Thats my experience so far. someone may have better ways to work with but i felt that i should tell ya :)
Btw hot glue isnt that expenisve neither the material .
I wish you much luck anyways mate !

yea i know what you mean but i always feel like the glue is too stringy and gets in the way so i just stick with super glue ( no pun intended :p )

got new camera for my progress pictures :D

so far so good on the peping phase

DSCF2811_zps01e3b112.jpg

today i got some parts to install led's later on in the build

DSCF2819_zps5d90319a.jpg

Looks good so far dude. I am just starting out on a Mark VI build. I use hot glue. I have heard that Elmer's glue work pretty good, but what i like about the hot glue is that if you mess up you can use the tip of the hot glue gun to reheat the glue and re-glue it. Plus you can use the tip of the hot glue gun it smooth out the glue beads on the out side to make it look cleaner.

Looks good so far dude. I am just starting out on a Mark VI build. I use hot glue. I have heard that Elmer's glue work pretty good, but what i like about the hot glue is that if you mess up you can use the tip of the hot glue gun to reheat the glue and re-glue it. Plus you can use the tip of the hot glue gun it smooth out the glue beads on the out side to make it look cleaner.

yeah that does sound like a pretty good idea i might try it out on a M6D pistol i am going to do after this helmet is finished.

I haven't put any electronics into my armours yet but wouldn't lights that aren't ultrabirght be sufficient? You need to use diffusers anyway right?

yea i know what you mean but i always feel like the glue is too stringy and gets in the way so i just stick with super glue ( no pun intended :p )
Good decision! The flaps always get so baggy when you're working with hot glue, at least I don't know how to avoid this.

Elmer's Glue is another option. I've been using it for years with no issues.
Sound's interesting, what exactly is this elmer's glue, I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to super glue

I use a type of superglue myself. I'm kinda interested in this elmers glue though. Can I even get it in Australia I wonder?

Good decision! The flaps always get so baggy when you're working with hot glue, at least I don't know how to avoid this.

Sound's interesting, what exactly is this elmer's glue, I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to super glue

it's a arts and crafts type of glue commonly used in elementary school so it doesn't dry as quickly and its a lot less stronger than super glue so i wouldn't imagine it being much of an improvement from super glue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back