Northeastern 405th Regiment

Status
Not open for further replies.
*waves* I am from Washington, DC. You should all add yourselves to the 405th google map as well!

Ring of Fire Con started yesterday (2/27/14) and runs until Sunday. I will be at that one.

Also, Don't forget 'awesomecon' in washington DC which starts in April and there is another I can't remember off the top of my head in DC as well.

hey everyone so i made an event for a meet up at CTcon 2014 on july 10-13th
wealreadyhave a few people going! follow the link for more info!

https://www.facebook.com/events/445071248928792/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

if you dont have a facebook or dont wanna use your just let me know on this fourm that your going and ill mark you on the list!

you dont HAVE to be in armor at all, but you are welcome to! i am hopefully getting a pro phorographer to come and take shots of us!
cant wait to see everyone!

Re: Northeastern 405th Division

The CTcon meetup and photo shoot was fun. Got to met new poeple and spread the word of the 405th. We actualy had more people than I thought we would have had. XD So if your in the northeast feel free to stay in touch here. Happy building all.

Just a quick proposal, as the concern over terminology has come up with the recent changing of hands of the 405th, and that is the use of the term Division, as the 405th is, in itself, a Division, so to use that term implies an entity separate from (and in some minds in competition with) the 405th. There is talk of establishing a system of Regiments with much the same idea as is intended here: setting up a smaller group within the 405th comprised of members living within a localized geographical area. Exact requirements and the "application process" are still being hammered out, but in the meantime I would simply suggest that perhaps the word "Division" be amended in the title and OP so as not to cause any confusion.

Just a quick proposal, as the concern over terminology has come up with the recent changing of hands of the 405th, and that is the use of the term Division, as the 405th is, in itself, a Division, so to use that term implies an entity separate from (and in some minds in competition with) the 405th. There is talk of establishing a system of Regiments with much the same idea as is intended here: setting up a smaller group within the 405th comprised of members living within a localized geographical area. Exact requirements and the "application process" are still being hammered out, but in the meantime I would simply suggest that perhaps the word "Division" be amended in the title and OP so as not to cause any confusion.

So should I change the word "Division" in the title to "Regiment"? If so, I gladly will do so :)

Regiment sounds good to me, I do like how the "Paific Regimmet" is getting set up. Also I've been posting to the FB page about moving most of the talk back to the forum here where it belongs anyways. Honestly I've been talking up the 405th to all the halo cosplayers I met at cons and it's shocking that half of them have never heard of it. I'd like to the numbers here in the NE grow and become a strong community. Heck just recently I picked 3 new recruits just in my local aera. Granted they are all friends but hey it's a start.

Kusak3 and myself are both in central Pennsylvania.

There are a couple of cons here in central PA and several in Pittsburgh each year. The two he and I are planning on attending if possible this year are one in State College in January. It is Setsucon.

The other is in Altoona , PA May 15-17, 2015. It is the SciFiValley Con

There is also a post over int he recruits forum about people in the State College area of Pennsylvania.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/41646-Looking-for-fellow-builders-in-state-college-area

Last edited by a moderator:

So should I change the word "Division" in the title to "Regiment"? If so, I gladly will do so :)

Regiment seems to be the term the administration is leaning towards as the more "official" designation of local groups. Like I said, the fine details are still being sorted out as to what exactly constitutes a "regiment" as far as number of members, geographic size, etc. The topic was brought up in the "How can we make the 405th great" thread.

On a side note, let's talk about another NE meet up. Rhode Island comic con, the frist weekend of Nov. anyone plan on attending. I know I'll be there with the other Spartans on my crew. Figured I'd toss it out there,seems like another good con for a meet up.

Well, when it comes to trying to get more people to join, I am trying to put together a panel at PAX East to represent who we are and how we do what we do. If anyone here is planning on going this year (its in early march) throw a reply on my thread. My hope is to expand the demographic to all the potential hear in NE.

You guys should speak with Art about getting a subforum sometime in the future. I know nothing is set in stone, but I feel like having a place to discuss Regimental things would be beneficial!

So anyone in the Western Mass area planning on going to a midnight release for Destiny? If you are I hope it's in Chicopee MA at the gamestop there. I've been asked by the manger who is a friend to show up in Halo armor for the release party. Yeah I know it's not Halo game release but I do have a Reach suit and Reach was Bungie's last game. So I'd just figure if ask cause I'll be there in armor for tht realse party.

Gaaah, I would love to go but I'll have to see if I can get the next day off…why do they always have to release games in the middle of the week?!? :(

Haha yeah, they always release on Tuesdays . But I'm using one of my paid days off for the next day to play it all day XD

Jealous! Speaking of releases, are there any Northeastern plans for the Master Chief Collection release?

Jealous! Speaking of releases, are there any Northeastern plans for the Master Chief Collection release?

Not ATM, the only place I go to for midnight realeases is my buddy Gamestop. There is a Mocorsoft store in Boston, not sure how big if any their release is. It would take some poking around to find who has the biggest release in the area.

I think there might be a Microsoft store in the Providence mall also, so that could be another place we check.

So Boston comic Con was fun, got to met the great LilTyrant, we did a photo shoot which I can't wait to see the pics. Spent a little bit chatting it up as they are new to the northeast. It's great to have you amoung our ranks and I can't wait till we have more meet ups and suit ups. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back