First Build: Agent Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolina1093

Hello everyone! :) I've been creeping on this site for a while now and I've just now decided to post about my progress! I could really use some constructive criticism for my first build! I'm really excited about everything and I've read a bunch of noob and elite threads so I think I have the hang of what and what not to do but please correct me if I am wrong and any tips are so welcome :) Anyways, time to get down to business. :)

So, here's the concept.
Untitled2.jpg

My progress so far?

Pepped Helmet and Thigh

photo3.jpg

Helmet is a little crooked but that can be fixed.

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

And I've started to resin and fiberglass! :D

photo11.jpg

photo21.jpg

Updates may be very spaced out because I hardly get to work on my armor so please forgive me if I don't update in a while. Anyways, what do you think? :)

Oh yes, fiberglass, so far, is the messiest, most aggravating, and tedious thing I have done. I went through six pairs of gloves just lining that much.

yes ! another rogue :DD

WHey and welcome .. i love the concept so far... And dont worry bout the fibreglassing... even that stage will pass :D

but so far everything looks good ... the helmet is a bit shifted on the top or is it just me seeing that? (i dont want to be a jerk but better to say it now than having more bondowork later on )

Well keep it up im looking forward to see more

The helmet is shifted at the top! You aren't the only one seeing it. It's weird, I don't know exactly how it happened but is there anyway that I can fix it now or during the resin stage?

The helmet is shifted at the top! You aren't the only one seeing it. It's weird, I don't know exactly how it happened but is there anyway that I can fix it now or during the resin stage?

Try to build an internal structure out of some sort of rigid material (dowel rods, foam core, popscicle sticks, etc) to bring the helmet back to the shape you want it. Then, put two coats of resin on the outside of the helmet. Two coats will ensure that the helmet will retain its shape when the structure is removed.

Initial warping is probably the most common problem with helmet files that do not include any support structure.

I wonder if I need to fiber glass cloth the inside of every piece I pep..

good work, wondering how you'll attach the recon chest to the base chest!

Looking good! I'll admit that I am hesitant to even start pep'ing my helmet yet. Hopefully I'll get one under my belt and then get over the first time pep jitters. Looking forward to seeing more of your build!

Yay for Carolina :) my friends and I are working on a freelancer build at the moment that includes an Agent Carolina (link in my signature)
Best of luck with your build, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress :)

**UPDATE** (Sorry, no pictures!) :(

Wow, guys! I'm so glad I decided to post my progress on 405th! It's really motivating to know others are interested in my build and to see the builds of others! I'm so pumped to finish my build, now! :D

I started pepping the biceps today but i'm a little confused on how i'm going to make the recon shoulders work with the biceps. If anyone has done this or knows how I should do this, please make suggestions! I am sad that I was unable to find any information in my many searches for how to do that. I'm using the HD biceps by Robogenesis and the recon shoulders by Belakor for anyone who might wanna make suggestions. :) Both can be found on the Halo costuming wiki.

I also started resining the helmet today and I tried by best to fix the shift at the top of the helmet by adding supports and what-not so it looks much better. Hopefully there won't be any warping before it dries.

I didn't get a lot done today which is why there are no pictures. On the bright side, tomorrow is senior skip day! So maybe.. just maybe I will have some picture worthy progress to share with you! :)

Thanks guys! :D

looking good, the only bit of advice is i would not use a biro for creasing the lines for folds, save the blades that go a little blunt as you cut the card, use those to score it, you get a cleaner line which means less warping at the end :)

Thanks for the advice :) I'm still learning as I go!

Well, due to an unfortunate series of events, I was unable to make a lot of progress. But because I like constructive criticism (and because I want to post a picture) I will share with you my progress on the biceps! I'm still open to any advice on how to make the recon shoulders work!

3CB027B7-80C8-49AD-B4F3-BDEC9420073D-1807-000001F2D88419AF.jpg

Front
AE2DEF3D-E83E-44EB-8597-B5CBAB74CA46-1807-000001F2E883CC5A.jpg

Side
61FBD649-AE64-4B6D-A17B-955789D70E4B-1807-000001F2F5F00B3E.jpg

Thanks guys! :D

Well I looks like the file u pep-ed included the Mk5 shoulder piece so what u could do is fiber glass the inside resin the outside and then bondo inside where the shoulder piece would go as extra work space and sand down the existing piece to. Make room for the recon shoulder piece... Or pep a should piece without any attachments lol sorry if the first idea is worded poorly

So, I do believe that I have decided to put the Mk5 shoulder piece away for a later project and instead I have started working on the rerebrace by Robogenesis with hopes of attaching the Recon shoulders to it! (Fingers crossed!) :)

Anywho, I used my non-pepping time today to look at possible under suits for my armor so I can maybe go ahead and get one ordered. I'm not looking to spend a lot of money on my under suit and i'm not really into the bulky (and expensive) pressure suits. I would love to make one on my own but i'm no good at that. I was thinking either just get a plain under suit and leave it that way or get one and add little details that make it more like Carolina's. I have it narrowed down to these two:

1jpg_mid.jpg

which is found at http://www.ftcline.com/Black-Shiny-Metallic-Unisex-Zentai-Suit-B_d6177.html

and

Black-Shiny-Metallic-Catsuit-4225-1.jpg

which can be found at http://www.milanoo.com/Black-Shiny-Metallic-Zentai-Suit-p4225.html

What do you guys think would be good?

not sure the heels go for a spartan... ;)

what i would say is look at a black morph suit. the dullness would cover it a little better, and then if you use eva craft foam a couple of mm thick you can add the detailing sections with it

not sure the heels go for a spartan... ;)

what i would say is look at a black morph suit. the dullness would cover it a little better, and then if you use eva craft foam a couple of mm thick you can add the detailing sections with it

Haha in no way am I looking for the heels! Haha. Bleh I've gotta find a pair of boots! But I found these when looking up zen tai suits which are like morph suits I believe. I'm gonna need help with the detailing on the undersuit. I have no experience there whatsoever. Haha but I have someone in mind who might help.

Update, yeah! :D

So I finished pepping the rerebrace (biceps) whatever you'd like to call them. The only thing is that it is a little too big. I don't know if I should go ahead and resin it and just add some padding or scrap it and rescale.

D13B0E9F-15A1-46A3-BE8E-A7EEC56CB1E2-1185-000000CCDA334319.jpg

A46ECEC6-736B-42E1-922B-47182C2D72F4-1185-000000CCF476AF8F.jpg

This is what it looks like on my arm. It's really big and sits weird. If I pinch a piece together, it fits perfect. I'm wondering if I should cut part of that out and fix it like thy or what?

OPEN:

2337EB25-A2B0-4BBD-8047-A0C2680508A5-1185-000000D2C5091915.jpg

PINCHED:

8E8322C8-005A-4B39-996F-7D9BCEA9B35D-1185-000000D2CEB1BA05.jpg

What do you think?

Attachments

• A46ECEC6-736B-42E1-922B-47182C2D72F4-1185-000000CCF476AF8F.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 211
Hey nice to see a Carolina build. As for the sizing it looks like you won't be missing to much if you remove some and then re glue it. That is my opinion, do as you wish. But overall everything is looking very clean and professional. Good luck with the rest of the build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back