LOTR Sauron Foam Build for Halloween 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halo Obsession

Hello all,

Last year my son was Arbiter. This year we are going for a Lord of the Ring theme. He wanted set of Sauron Armor.

The Helm and Mace pepakura files are fairly easy to find with a bit of googling. However, I could not find pepakura for the rest of the suit of armor.

We've been playing a good bit of Skyrim and Oblivion on the PC lately. There are custom Sauron armor sets available for modders of those games. I found a tutorial on how to make custom armor for Oblivion by import/exporting .NIF files into an old version Blender with plugins. I knew Blender could output .OBJ files which Pepakura Designer could import.

I chose a set of Oblivion mod armor from CULTBRAIN. I will post pictures on my next post.

Halo Obsession

photooct14192139.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Not bad ... and as i fear it for my future foam armor i see some hot glue stripes.. but in this case it doesnt look that bad since it looks like u did it on purpose ;D

But very good work so far sir ! keep it up!

Thanks,

I started a little late on it. These pictures are after a few coats of plasti-dip. I originally was going to do some layers of Guesso (and try to sand it smoother), but the stuff was taking too long to dry. I plan to paint over the plasti-dip with black spray paint and then do a light overspray of hammered silver paint. I've got to have it done by this Sunday.

Quick question:

Color is kinda fragile on foam ... if u bend it it starts to "break off" ....

Does plasti dip rly make it flexible ? or what else do you use to make the color stay as it is even when its bended somehow

Quick question:

Color is kinda fragile on foam ... if u bend it it starts to "break off" ....

Does plasti dip rly make it flexible ? or what else do you use to make the color stay as it is even when its bended somehow

Plasti-dip will prevent the paint from flaking off the foam, it's almost rubbery so it bends with the foam. Great stuff : )

Plasti-dip will prevent the paint from flaking off the foam, it's almost rubbery so it bends with the foam. Great stuff : )

thanks the info i needed ! ...i never tried it and it aint that cheap :/ better to ask :D

And how many layers will you need for it ? is a thin layer enough?

I just keep doing thin coats of plasti-dip until the foam stops sucking the stuff up and forms a shiny almost vinyl looking surface. I think I went through 4 or 5 cans this build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back