Ketsuen's Mark V[B] Helm (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketsuen

Last week I decided to make a recon helm, but it turned out too small. I then tried a H3 EOD helm as well, also too small (after i had scaled it to be larger than the recon that did not fit). So I looked at the different helmet files I had in my folder and decided to go with the Mark V. At the current moment it has only just finished being pepped, but I hope to go buy some supplies to start the glassing and bondo stages next week. Luckily I have a decent amount of time off from work so I might be able to get the helmet ready by the Halo 4 launch, but we shall see. Here are some pictures of the finished pep :)

imagekus.jpg

imageyfj.jpg

imageupan.jpg

Let me know what you think.

(p.s. It's quite hard to take a picture of yourself when you can not see, lol).

I hope that is the case. I should be getting some supplies on Monday, so hopefully I can give an update then.

Hey here is an update on my helm. I glassed the inside, sanded it a bit, cut out the visor and primed the helm to find out where else I need to sand. I found that the lines from the pep trick my eyes while sanding and make it harder to tell what needs work lol.

prime1.jpg

prime2k.jpg

prime3.jpg

prime4n.jpg

More sanding tomorrow :)

EDIT: Sorry for the double post >.<

Sorry for the triple post, but I have fantastic news!

I finished the helm :) Took some pics since the last time, and then some more too lol.

Here is the visor installed before painting.

imagesxk.jpg

And here is the finished helmet.

finished5c.jpg

finished1c.jpg

finished3i.jpg

finished4a.jpg

It isn't a super amazing helm, but I am very happy with how it turned out :) I hope you all enjoy it as well.

And yes I will be wearing it when I go pick up my copy of Halo 4 :p

That is a great first helmet!!! Seriously awesome job!!! how long did it take you exactly? i might try and start a new project, it's been a while lol

Thanks guys :) and sadly no I couldn't go to the H4 launch, I had to work :(

Also it took me about a week of working off and on to finish it. I could have done a lot more detailing, but I was happy with how it came out so I decided to just paint it :)

You have confused me good sir. I did resin and fiberglass my helm, I just didn't post pictures of those processes lol.

ohhh >< uhmmmm now i'm embarrassed....*runs
couldn't see the pics till now lol my computer has been messing up
also, i'm a ms. no big deal though lol ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back