Styrofoam Weapons *WIP* ( many types)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crapnuggets, this is insane! Fantastic job!

Just a quick question though, how do you cut out the initial outline of the gun with such smooth and crisp edges? I've been working with the same foam for about 6 months, and I've cut with blades that I got brand new the store and I still can't get my work that clean. Any tips?

Just a quick question though, how do you cut out the initial outline of the gun with such smooth and crisp edges? I've been working with the same foam for about 6 months, and I've cut with blades that I got brand new the store and I still can't get my work that clean. Any tips?

RTWHOCKEY, It just looks like nice clean edges. I sanded the heck out of it and wore a blister into both hands holding the blade EXACTLY at 90deg. Trust me, it wasn't easy and there were quite a few places that weren't level. Thanks a lot though. It really just comes down to technique. I hate saying that, but I can't describe any other way to help.

Everyone else, Thanks a lot for the compliments. The EL wire I have planned it due in 9 days....maybe......If it takes too long I'll use something else to get the glowing effect. Not sure yet. But I'm going to prime it tonight to check and see how it looks and if more sanding is required.

P1040113_zps92d7ad86.jpg

P1040114_zps41b977ac.jpg

P1040115_zpsd277aaa5.jpg

P1040116_zps378867f0.jpg

And yes the Soul Reaver is still coming along. I ordered some red LEDs for the sword. It WILL look epic!!

Until next time 405th, keep building.

Very nice work on the scattershot doc! loving the halo 4 weapons people are working on :D as you know im working on a scattershot of my own but not the one people on the 405th would think of ;)

Holy monly that hammer is huge lol!! I love it.

The scattershot is coming along nicely as well :) cant wait to see it painted up

Amazing work Doc! I am inspired by your work to use this as a way to make some armour pieces for my own projects. Does it sound like normal white styrofoam when you handle it? I have a severe aversion to the sound of styrofoam rubbing against anything... like finger nails on a chalkboard but ~1,000,000,000,000x worse :p

i've got the same thing when it comes to metal, even froks, god two froks stuck together just makes my jaw lock up.

i've got the same thing when it comes to metal, even froks, god two froks stuck together just makes my jaw lock up.

I hear ya mate. We need some sort of support group. Luckily no froks in styrofoam weapon making!

Doc, has the EL wire come in yet?

Ok so the EL wire came in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess what I'll be doing tonight till the wee hours......

P1040200_zps46fb6572.jpg

Absolutely sick! I use some blue EL wire on my energy sword, it worked great at night. Good luck, you're doing great so far!

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P1040204_zps0913728d.jpg

P1040205_zps6874157c.jpg

P1040206_zpsdcbb04b6.jpg

P1040209_zps8a90ec44.jpg

I think it turned out pretty well.

Stay classy 405th!!!

that looks fantastic Doc! that el wire adds a nice zing to it!

Thanks alot bud!

Do the saw next!, is this styrofoam the stuff you find in tv boxes?

Negative Ghost Rider. It's the wall insulation sheets. $15 for the 1in and #33 for the 2in thickness sheets. Good news is that they are like 16ft long and 4ft wide. Something like that....

I feel like I've made it now. I got a picture response to my artwork. Seriously, thanks for that! I totally got a good laugh at it!

No problem. This scattershot, and all the other weapons for that matter, were absolutely fantastic. I'm anxiously awaiting the next update. Keep it up Doc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back