Styrofoam Weapons *WIP* ( many types)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocDailey

Hey 405th!!!

I'm using the crumby weather to my advantage by creating safe and fun polystyrene weapons.

My buddy, Andrew Cook, DaFrontline Trooper, inspired me to start doing this kind of thing.

I have NEVER done anything like this before and I'm going off of random tid-bits. I hope you guys like my work.

P1030834.jpg

P1030836.jpg

P1030837.jpg

P1030838.jpg

SICK!!!!

YOU CLAIM NEVER TO HAVE DONE SUCH THING! Either you are a stinking liar... Or... One of the great artist roaming the 405th...

You're actually getting me to want to man up and release my crappy skills on foam to make weapons like you have just done.

Any recommendations?

Righteous doc. now the question is, are you going to be duel weilding these bad boys lol

Nice work! And I agree with UV dual wield those bad boys! (Hey you're a doctor, why not have "surgical" knives on hand ;D )

Those are beautiful. Get the right paint and weathering and you might not be able to carry those in public without being stopped... and then being asked for pictures!

I'm really amazed at the craftsmanship, but are you worried they will break easily? Or do you plan to mold and cast them in rubber?

Wow guys, you're going to make me blush. Tyvm for the positive comments and support.

TK, look up Andrew Cook. He's my buddy who got me started. He has a great YouTube channel.

Dual wield? That is a great idea. I sadly didn't even think of that. The foam knife is WAY too flimsy. It was my proof of concept piece to see the versatility of the mats and test to see where my skill lvl was. I might make a plaque of them all done up but I'm ordering EL wire for the next weapon.....the Forerunner Light rifle. With real floating scope. I'm not kidding.

I'll post some more pics of everything once I get more work done. Do you guys want me to make a video of my work? Documentary style or tutorial style?

I hope all your projects come out better than your imaginations guys. Till next update.

are you going to make a fuel rod some time because i've seen only a few on here, or the conossion rifle?

Just finished a Daedric Sword from Skyrim...My way.

P1030850.jpg

P1030851.jpg

P1030852.jpg

P1030854.jpg

P1030865.jpg

P1030866.jpg

P1030867.jpg

P1030868.jpg

P1030870.jpg

P1030871.jpg

P1030872.jpg

Now to work on 1 more. Then onto the light rifle.

I have worked with foam before and it's so much fun! Love the sword! IMHO I would have engraved all those gold lines you I'd there. A soldering iron makes that a super easy process and you can fill it with gold.

Good work either way! Keep it up!!!

Did you covered the Foam with some Layers of Casting Resin after cutting and detailing?

I made the Blade of my Grav Hammer Build that Way, so it´s a little more durable, but also weights not much more. If you add 5-7 Layers, you could sand it smooth without get in Contact with the Foam.

I have 3 Layers on my Blade, but i don´t had much Resin left and my new SmoothOn SC65D got here yesterday. Even a little Bondo Work should not be a Problem.

But great Daedric Sword and Knifes. What did you used for Cutting and Detailing?

These are AWESOME!
Where do you get your foam from / how much is it? I'm trying to decide on either using modeling clay, or Styrofoam. I hear a couple Forerunner weapons screaming at me... know what I mean??

That is awesome man! Personally I would be so scared that it would be snapped by a careless mistake or an over excited child wanting a go with it :p

These are AWESOME!
Where do you get your foam from / how much is it? I'm trying to decide on either using modeling clay, or Styrofoam. I hear a couple Forerunner weapons screaming at me... know what I mean??

I do know what you mean. I bought the 1in thick board at lowes. Home Depot does not have this brand. It cost $15. The 2in thick was $33. The board was stupid big and would not fit in my car so make sure to bring a knife and cut it down. After you pay ;)

I plan on ordering some EL wire for the scatter shot. Pics to come. I just gotta make 1 more sword.

Ty for the comments and tips. I am applying them. Till next update.

UPDATE!!!!

Ok so I've been making Christmas presents for my family and friends. I hope you guys like them.....Yes they are from WoW and Skyrim, but I gotta practice on something before I tackle H4 awesomeness!

P1030888_zps5390a34a.jpg

P1030896_zpsb3fb2fe6.jpg

P1030905_zpsfe3d9da4.jpg

P1030881_zps46961872.jpg

P1030889_zpsdd102453.jpg

P1030890_zps4941138c.jpg

P1030887_zps599e9900.jpg

P1030899_zpsf30305c8.jpg

P1030901_zps10416ace.jpg

These are the Twin Blades of the Hakkari. I'm please with how everything turned out. Next up is a HUGE stone hammer, then the scattershot!

Until next update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back