A cool pic that would be a great mask could someone help me make a Pepakura file out

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOTHING

I have this cool pic that would be a great mask could someone help me make a Pepakura file out of it? I dont know how to do that with Pepakura, plus i only have the viewer version too. Its a 2D pic, Will that be a problem?

http://www.halloweenplanet.com/siameseclown.aspx

Or has any one ever made a mask so when someone looks at it and walks to the side it looks like it is still watching them? Like the heads at the haunted house at Disney land ??

the work to make that from scratch is pretty intense. I'mnot sure if anyone is up for that. Not to mention when you go to make this thing, and work with it, the cost of materials is probably going to be equal to or more than the pricetag of the mask. I say you're better off just buying that mask if you intended on creating it.

So you're asking if someone would make a pepakura model from an insanely organic-shaped mask, that is commercially available. First, modeling this would be painstakingly daunting, and I'm sure no one would be willing to be up to it. Second, building something like this via the pep method would be, and I'm just going out on a limb here, next to impossible. There is far too much texture to adequately do this, not to mention this is probably a latex mask that flexes to fit your head, while a pep mask would end up being rigid and most likely would never fit correctly. You'd spend more money in wasted paper, resin, etc trying to build this than the mask is worth. So, in short, I agree with Statyk, you're better off just buying the mask; the price is really not that bad.

My bad

I was under the impression that all someone would have to do was copy and paste the pic into the program...I only have the viewer..Ok forget it

what would a person need to get to just put it in Pepakura and be able to "un-fold" it?

Would this work better?

Skull-Spike-21624

To get something in pepakura to unfold it someone must make a 3D model of the object in a modeling program and then take it to pepakura designer buy a product key or code I don't remember what it is called so that person can save the file and have access to all the tools and start unfolding. Pepakura designer is free but to save any thing you have to buy the product key/code thing.

Ok so then i need to find a 3d modeling program to put that pic in to and make a 3d wire outline model, then in to papakura?

there is another option if your set on making this.
You could buy yourself some sculpting clay and make it out of the clay then make a silicone mould that head and cast it. Ok I realise that would take a lot of time, patience and money but however it would be a lot easier that a pep route and I bet would make for a great project!

there is another option if your set on making this.
You could buy yourself some sculpting clay and make it out of the clay then make a silicone mould that head and cast it. Ok I realise that would take a lot of time, patience and money but however it would be a lot easier that a pep route and I bet would make for a great project!

^^Agreed^^

It just seems to me that the pep route for this type of application is all wrong. Honestly, after you purchase all the supplies to build this, then pay for the key for pep designer, you'll have spent more money that if you had just bought the mask in the first place. Why create unnecessary hardship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back