Yanme'e Progress. [severely under work]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOneWithNoName

Jr Member
I am planning ahead and getting a head start for the release of Halo 5, and well, i want the costume to end up with the same proportions as the in game models.
This immediately limited me to ether the Yanme'e (drones/buggers) or the Kig-Yar (Jackels [or their various sub species]), or a Spartan due to my height alone [at least according to official sources I have found (and my height of 6 foot 5 inches)].

I don't want it to be something that tons of other people have done, so i knew it wouldn't be a spartan, so, I headed to google seeing if i can find if someone has made a costume of ether, knowing that if i could find one pic of one of them, then there would probably be several people who had made it before. I eventually stumbled upon a few pics and vids that one of the other members of this fine forum made of a Kig-Yar costume, so that left me with Yanme'e.

From what i had read here while waiting for verification, it seems that most noobs start out with the Pep > resin & fiberglass route, mostly with success.

So i went and grabbed a model of Yanme'e and convert it into a .3ds and then import it into pep. thus resulting in my first problem...
(partially resolved)T̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶p̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶r̶g̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶p̶a̶p̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶>̶ ̶A̶1̶ ̶s̶i̶z̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶b̶d̶i̶v̶i̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶i̶g̶i̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶o̶r̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶l̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶o̶b̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶r̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶A̶1̶​

the second problem being, w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶l̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶s̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶p̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶3̶d̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶x̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶2̶,̶ ̶i̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶'̶m̶ ̶e̶d̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶r̶o̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶i̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶(̶s̶o̶m̶e̶)̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶r̶i̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶3̶d̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶x̶ ̶(̶i̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶l̶f̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶a̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶)̶ I've started using blender, and can use it with more success.

--Update 1-- 9/14/14--

I decided to take a stab at editing the model again with some success. It still needs work before it gets added to the database, but it is good enough for my needs.
I now have a Right arm unfolded.
Incase anyone wants to clean it up more, or follow me along... See Files post below.
--Update 2-- 10/30/14
I figure I need to add an update... I am trying to get a job (if anyone knows of an entry IT position available in se Tennessee/n Georgia, ...)as to have enough money to print rev 1 of the right arm. As soon as I have rev 1 built, I can better edit the file as i can see where problem areas are.

Links and Files Links will be added as available.
For All Files, If you want another format, I might be willing to export it to that format.

I would like to add that I now officially have permission from the modeler per
halomaps.org said:

To: theonewithnoname

Posted On: Oct 26, 2014 01:21 AM

Subject: Re: ???

Message: Yep, I made those a long time ago. Feel free to do whatever you want with them

So here is a link to the original un converted file too... --> http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5697

-Links down for maintenance-

Source model 3DS -->
Source model OBJ -->
Reference images -->http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/24396-3D-Model-Requests?p=644434#post644434

--Parts--
All parts are to 3543.112036 scale, which should fit someone of my height. 6" 4'- 6"5' If you are following along, you only really need one of the PDOs per part. I will not be releasing files for US Letter. The size is too restrictive, and would cause pieces to overlap over 3+ pages. If someone wants to edit my files so that they fit better, then I would be more then glad to update this thread to point at them.
-Links down for maintenance-
Right Arm
OBJ
PDF A4 24 Pages
PDO A4 24 Pages
PDF Legal 19 Pages
PDO Legal 19 Pages

Re: I was wanting to make a costume for the release of Halo 5 (problems, struggles, e

--Pics--
---Pep--
15073766647_57dd5d183c_o.png
Built
Finished

Attachments

• 15073766647_253943ac42_s.jpg
    15073766647_253943ac42_s.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 281
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back