Halo 4 Locust helmet WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after much contemplating and messing up the Spartan 4 warrior chest piece i decided to start another head piece, a Locust helmet.I found this file on Satchmos thread containing all of his work HERE I just think these helmets in game look awsesome and wish I had one! So this is gonna be the next closest thing to having the in game, a wearable one. So far i have just been able to pep half of it as I take my sweet time in between handling adult responsbilities ( kids, dinner, chores, etc :rolleyes ) but here are the starting pictures! I do plan to fully rondo/bondo/detail this helmet as much as I can like i did with my warrior helmet.Let me know what you guys and gals think!
600045_531491616878689_2063074818_n.jpg

16188_531491666878684_760174380_n.jpg

254798_531520693542448_1203431803_n.jpg

262139_531520780209106_1463466778_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see something new being made, are you planning on making a portion see through? I've noticed there's no visor on that helmet.

Nice to see something new being made, are you planning on making a portion see through? I've noticed there's no visor on that helmet.
Yes i will be something like a see through vinyl sticker that places use on glass doors. Thats what I am hoping anyways lol. If i can't do that than it will be time to hit the blueprint board {shrugs}

Nice to see you attempting another helmet! Since I joined 405th, Your warrior helmet was one of the first I saw and inspired me to do my own. I bet this helmet will be brilliant!

Just an idea, Wether it'll work or not, You could make some sort of 'see through' part around the eye level on the helmet what looks like just a bit of the helmet from the outside. Good luck though, All the best with this project Spartansonny!

Nice to see you attempting another helmet! Since I joined 405th, Your warrior helmet was one of the first I saw and inspired me to do my own. I bet this helmet will be brilliant!

Just an idea, Wether it'll work or not, You could make some sort of 'see through' part around the eye level on the helmet what looks like just a bit of the helmet from the outside. Good luck though, All the best with this project Spartansonny!
zagoner i am glad that us here at the 405th have helped to inspire you so much .
all of these guys girls are super awesome. if you ever need any help and i can help at all don't be frail to send me a message. i will do what i can. thanks following too!

it's Locus, no T
and i hope it's gonna fit, scaling aside, the design of the model is quite thin in width!

coolc thanks for the info. Unfortrunately I have been struck by the tornado of children who have demolished the locus helmet, it is smashed from a child accidentally falling onto the shelf it was on therefore knocking it over and they rolled onto it (accident again, hurting child not knowing better) smashing the pep :(
so i guess this means I get to figure out what to start again. maybe lock myself into my makeshift work area outside in my shed with the laptop and a printer than deadbolt it.

i am also working on pepping this helmet,and i have to say the hardest part of it is the front of it..it's killer. i worked on it yesterday for about 13 hours but im a slow mover when it comes to cutting out the pieces..great job on the helmet..keep it up.

I'm glad your not getting discouraged with downfalls in the road. I hope to see this in the works again someday. Keep it up!

Hey hey spartan, Found somethin for ya :p here is what I think would work the best for you. I found this on deviant art from someone who, like us probably, didn't see this helmet without a visor, so here's his render made with Zbrush :)

halo__locus_helmet__render_composited__by_rhythem02-d5onu00.jpg

halo__locus_helmet_by_rhythem02-d5oagk9.jpg

I personaly find this route interesting since some mebers here ( and I wont name Hyper Blackula and Kill kill kill ) knows now how to make diferent shaped visor with an iridium look to it :p

I can bet they can get a somewhat mate finish for this on since it's originaly suposed to be metal ? ... anyway it's something to check on :)

this render makes me want to start this project over again. thanks buddy, i might just do that when i finish up the current projects

I know man :O even some other helmets could be done with the same process :) ( like the infiltrator, the protector or the engeneer ... :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back