Halo 4 Helmet Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all you guys waiting on the Scanner helmet. I'm resuming the unfolding today. Shouldn't be much longer.

Awesome to hear man! Iv'e tried a few attempts myself, and that thing is a real mother. Cant wait to see the finished product!

Someone can pick up where I left off. As far as i'm concerned, this model is a bit too HD for pep. Way too many tiny nooks and crannies that are barely able to be clicked in, never mind glued together. Monkeyfuj if you don't mind could you go through the model again for tiny defects and trenches? There are a few points where the texture gets messed up and the model is shadowed incorrectly for some reason too haha. Thanks. http://www.4shared.com/file/1QtyCM32/H4_aviator_helmet_by_monkeyfuj.html?

Someone can pick up where I left off. As far as i'm concerned, this model is a bit too HD for pep. Way too many tiny nooks and crannies that are barely able to be clicked in, never mind glued together. Monkeyfuj if you don't mind could you go through the model again for tiny defects and trenches? There are a few points where the texture gets messed up and the model is shadowed incorrectly for some reason too haha. Thanks. http://www.4shared.com/file/1QtyCM32/H4_aviator_helmet_by_monkeyfuj.html?
Mflanny you're right, these h4 pieces are super high detail and make it hard to unfold without having super tiny pieces to glue onto that seem impossible. i tried to pep the h4 recon from monkey and the small head details in the nooks make for a hard pep process.

It's looking like it might be best for modelers to focus on low-def models that capture the more important shapesa nd general feel of the pieces, and details can be added in later with bondo or other free-hand methods. In some ways I would prefer that approach anyway. Makes it easier to add a few custom bits here and there for a "field modified" look.

It's looking like it might be best for modelers to focus on low-def models that capture the more important shapesa nd general feel of the pieces, and details can be added in later with bondo or other free-hand methods. In some ways I would prefer that approach anyway. Makes it easier to add a few custom bits here and there for a "field modified" look.

Zaff i agree with you. i actually prefer ld models and like to add the details freehand during the bondo stage. to me the pep stage is the most annoying and time consuming part. I am gonna have to start learning how to make ld models now i guess :p

I agree with you too Zaff, When I pep in the early days...lol.....I usually skipped those tiny vents or any tiny things anyway. Its time consuming, frustrating, and they can be easily added later on.

i wont be doing any models any time soon, im kinda modeled out :/ but if anyone wants to take a stab at simplifying them, go for it

Has anyone done the Protector or the War Master helmets or thought about it? I wouldn't have to be a low res file because I was going to see if I can get the mold milled with a CNC.Thanks to all the AWESOME molders in our community.
Protector_4_zps71a56a53.png
718_max_zps0ce0a032.jpg

I don't know of any Protector or Warmaster models currently available or in the works, but I must admit I am rather curious to see how the innovative 405thers go about making that skeletal visor.

Three comments, one, a Warmaster helm would be cool, and probably have a vacformed visor, Zaff.

Two, Monkeyfuj's models are a bitt too detailed for me to unfold. PM me if you want what I have so far for the Aviator, and I"ll keep trying on the Hazop, but I'll be waiting for a lower-def version to unfold guys.

And three, as a side note mostly, I would love to have all of the helmets modeled, even those without actual visors, because I am doing a wall in my room dedicated to all the helmets of all the games I am truly fond of, namely Halo: CE, 4, and Gears of War 3.

Vac formed would make the most sense for the shape, but will it work for the tinting? Most of the other helmets could be tinted using automotive window films. Would the same thing be possible with that visor, or perhaps would someone opt to do the face plate in resin, open the eye sockets for their chosen visor material, and paint the faceplate to match the visor's tint? Of all the things I love about this group, seeing the innovative and inventive ways that people turn fantasy into reality is one of the best parts of it.

Saw this:
383721_10151331837234441_638945507_n.jpg

I think this is really neat, I feel it needs a bit more tint though. I got some purple headlight tint in sheets for my Tali visor, if it works it is able to be cut into pieces and stuck on for the transparent yet painted look.

Vac formed would make the most sense for the shape, but will it work for the tinting? Most of the other helmets could be tinted using automotive window films. Would the same thing be possible with that visor, or perhaps would someone opt to do the face plate in resin, open the eye sockets for their chosen visor material, and paint the faceplate to match the visor's tint? Of all the things I love about this group, seeing the innovative and inventive ways that people turn fantasy into reality is one of the best parts of it.

actually you can buy spray on tints for car windows which should word for vac formed visors!

We should probably stop the semi-off-topic discussion, but another possibility is the Polydye stuff that you boil water mixed with the dye, then plunge the vac-formed part in long enough to set the dye but not too long so as to deform the plastic. Shawn Thorsson from Protagonist4hire.blogspot.com(A.K.A. Thorsoli here on the forums) uses this quite a bit.

I'm having a hard time finding any mention anywhere of anyone starting work on the AA. A lot of requests, a few reference posts here and there, several MORE requests, and a small handful of impatient people asking why it isn't in their hands yet, but I'm not seeing it anywhere that someone said they'd start working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back