405th stickers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soshalslayr

Jr Member
Hey guys, is there anyone out there that can run one of those sticker machines, or if nothing else I'd be fine with getting 20 or 30 people to buy one of those bulk packages. let me know if you guys are up for it. If I can't get the 20 people by the end of the year I'm probably gonna scrap it.

I'll keep updating this post with people who either reply here or pm me.

1) Soshalslayr
2)...
3)...

etc...

We currently have patches on sale, though they're tailored to the generic 405th heraldry as opposed to regimental heraldry.

I just received my patches and stickers. Very nice quality, but the size is off. Any thoughts? I would hate to have waisted $ and not get to use them.
ecdd217625dc3622f6e18850d2e575b1.jpg

b45a01ecb17c9f49810c27d927c4a4cb.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk.

I'd be interested in ordering too. I'll watch this and see.

Hi IshidaRyusei, the initial post in this thread is from 2012, and since then the rules on the production of 405th merchandise have been standardized, so, I don't think soshalslayr will be doing a run of stickers any time soon.

However, as Chernobyl pointed out, Art Andrews, the owner of the 405th, is selling official 405th patches, stickers, and hats here:
http://shop.therpf.com/collections/405th

405th Regiments can also do runs of stickers and patches with their unit logos, but these runs most be coordinated with Regiment Command Staff and will have to be approved by Division Command Staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update. I would like to impress upon the owners to sell alternate sizes, considering that this size doesn't fit on a Sean Bradley shoulder, which is probably the most common ODST armor not counting all the custom-scaled builds. Thanks.

Sent using Tapatalk.

Thanks for the update. I would like to impress upon the owners to sell alternate sizes, considering that this size doesn't fit on a Sean Bradley shoulder, which is probably the most common ODST armor not counting all the custom-scaled builds. Thanks.

Sent using Tapatalk.

Myr, this is my same problem - while I like the stickers I ordered, they are not fit or meant to go on the armor, sadly.
I knew that before when I looked at dimensions.
Bit pity though, I would have loved a small version to be able to put on my armor.

Myr, this is my same problem - while I like the stickers I ordered, they are not fit or meant to go on the armor, sadly.
I knew that before when I looked at dimensions.
Bit pity though, I would have loved a small version to be able to put on my armor.

I don't get this obsession with stickers and having to deal with "not the right size".
And I would NEVER, really NEVER put a STICKER on my armor. I want the thing to look as if it was painted. So it should NOT have any thickness or an out-of-place-God-damn-ugly-white-border-running-around-it at all which is the dead give away for NOT being able to PAINT the design you waned in the first place. That's why we have water-based decall sheets.

Do you have an Inktjet or a Color Laser printer ? Yes ? Than you can make your own stickers. Simple as that. In any size you want.

You buy a bundle of decall print sheets, either with white or transparant background. If you have a very dark background, choose a white-background decall sheet.
OR you choose a transparant one, and you can put that on a -dare I say it- sticker with whatever color you like. Want a metalic look ? Take alu-repair tape, put the ready made decall on there. Thing will look all nice and shiny.
You print the design you want in the size and quality you want. Slap it on the surface you want it to be, either with or without a underlying layer under it.
Want another color ? Take whatever you can find as the thinest tape, spray paint the surface in the color you want and again apply the decall on there. You can make the thing look like any color you freak'in want.
And it costs next to nothing.

Be sure to fixate them with a dash of clear varnish, as decall are pretty vulnerable as-is.

Done.

PS : it is VERY important you choose the correct decall sheet for your specific printer. They can be had in Laser and Inktjet versions. Running the wrong version will in best case result in a bad quality print, in worst case it can DESTROY the fuser of a laser printer and in fact many laser printers do NOT like things like decalls. Rule of thumb : if you have a HP laser printer and it has a setting for transparancy sheets or photo-glossy paper, you can run these decall sheet no problem. Most Canon laserprinters will do the same (no wonder, Canon makes the optical engines for most HP laser printers). If your printer comes with a warning that no "photo coated paper" or film can be used (most Brother laser printers, ALL Samsung laser printers, not sure about things like Kyocera or Oki) I would not advise trying it unless you can deal with a total failure of the printer if things go south.

Kaween: I'm all for quality appearance, which is why this kit took me over a year to finish. But i don't have either of those printers you mentioned; i have a regular deskjet that won't link with my pc half the time. Fact is not all of us can afford to sink a lot of money into final touches with a special printer and decal sheets. The sticker was a cheap option that had the official logo drawn better than i could ever paint it.

Sent using Tapatalk.

A deskjet is actually just a model name for an inkjet. Does it take ink cartridges? Then its an inkjet. Does it take toner? Then its a laser. Simple as that.

I don't get this obsession with stickers and having to deal with "not the right size".
And I would NEVER, really NEVER put a STICKER on my armor. I want the thing to look as if it was painted. So it should NOT have any thickness or an out-of-place-God-damn-ugly-white-border-running-around-it at all which is the dead give away for NOT being able to PAINT the design you waned in the first place. That's why we have water-based decall sheets.

Do you have an Inktjet or a Color Laser printer ? Yes ? Than you can make your own stickers. Simple as that. In any size you want.

You buy a bundle of decall print sheets, either with white or transparant background. If you have a very dark background, choose a white-background decall sheet.
OR you choose a transparant one, and you can put that on a -dare I say it- sticker with whatever color you like. Want a metalic look ? Take alu-repair tape, put the ready made decall on there. Thing will look all nice and shiny.
You print the design you want in the size and quality you want. Slap it on the surface you want it to be, either with or without a underlying layer under it.
Want another color ? Take whatever you can find as the thinest tape, spray paint the surface in the color you want and again apply the decall on there. You can make the thing look like any color you freak'in want.
And it costs next to nothing.

Be sure to fixate them with a dash of clear varnish, as decall are pretty vulnerable as-is.

Done.

PS : it is VERY important you choose the correct decall sheet for your specific printer. They can be had in Laser and Inktjet versions. Running the wrong version will in best case result in a bad quality print, in worst case it can DESTROY the fuser of a laser printer and in fact many laser printers do NOT like things like decalls. Rule of thumb : if you have a HP laser printer and it has a setting for transparancy sheets or photo-glossy paper, you can run these decall sheet no problem. Most Canon laserprinters will do the same (no wonder, Canon makes the optical engines for most HP laser printers). If your printer comes with a warning that no "photo coated paper" or film can be used (most Brother laser printers, ALL Samsung laser printers, not sure about things like Kyocera or Oki) I would not advise trying it unless you can deal with a total failure of the printer if things go south.

Oh, I wouldn't want to use it just to glue it on the armor - it would have been a nice reference to just basically cut out the desired parts and paint them on the armor. :D
Like a stencil, right?

But, I think many people would use it to put it on the armor and boom. You have the logo.

I agree about the printer - if you have these, you can do it yourself.
Sadly, I don't have one.
I woulld prefer to make a stencil and then paint the logo anyway... so this is what I'm going to do anyway.

But, if you have such printer, it's great! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back