Project #2: A CONCEPT of Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeanwaterFox

Despite my first build being not completely finished, this Christmas break, I will be beginning my second project. I'm not sure if creating this thread now is entirely appropriate, given the delay in build-initiation of about a week or two, but I'm that excited about it.

She didn't want it, she said no, until I told her girls in armor are sexy, so I'm going to build a helmet for my girlfriend ha ha!

This is Satchmo III's Concept #2, Halo Reach Scout, unfolded by Harnor
I don't know why I haven't seen more of his concept helmets done, cause they are some of the best looking one's I've seen, and they seem pretty easy to pep too.

Concept23D1.png

I've always wanted to see one of the concept helmets done, and have even considered putting away my n6 and subbing it for one of the concept helmets.

and you probably won't get much activity until you post pics of the build, remember the chant of the 405th. "Pics or it didn't happen".

good luck!

I've always wanted to see one of the concept helmets done, and have even considered putting away my n6 and subbing it for one of the concept helmets.

and you probably won't get much activity until you post pics of the build, remember the chant of the 405th. "Pics or it didn't happen".

good luck!

Yeah I didn't expect much activity on here. I probably won't actually start pepping even until the 16th, cause that's when I return home. Gotta get done with school first. That's why I mentioned that I didn't know if it was entirely appropriate to start this thread now.

you know what i haven't seen to much of the weapons they had that didn't make it in the game.

I'm looking forward to see how this come's out.

Thanks Thorn! I absolutely love those concepts and they seem pretty easy. I don't know why more people haven't done them. But I'm super excited for it too. I'll finally be able to actually start on it on Sunday might when I get home. Plus with what I know now about prop building, I'm eager to see where my skills take me this time. Hopefully far past what I had for my Mk VI.

you know what i haven't seen to much of the weapons they had that didn't make it in the game.

I haven't seen any of those actually. I'll have to look them up.

Pepakura, it's been too long!

Well for those wondering when the heck I was going to start, I have now started, and it's gonna be good.

IMAG0544.jpg

Well...Ha ha fist pep was too small. All I needed was the bottom rim to tell me that. Going to rescale and try again

Round two. Upscaled 10% twice, so should be much bigger.

I almost forgot how tedious scaling was...

IMAG0545.jpg

Oreos for the win, with milk!

Attachments

• IMAG0545.jpg
    IMAG0545.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 231
Nice to see you making progress!

I really like Satchmo's concept helmets. I'm debating about building one alongside my Master Chief helm to give my Mk.VI suit a bit of a custom flair to it.

yes oreos do taste nice..

my hot glue gun is covered in hardend glue so make sure you dont accadentely leave it on its side..

and all that paper.. dun dun dun! take that green peace!

edit! omg 343th post hehehehe!

yes oreos do taste nice..

my hot glue gun is covered in hardend glue so make sure you dont accadentely leave it on its side..

and all that paper.. dun dun dun! take that green peace!

edit! omg 343th post hehehehe!

Oh yes I know that whole drill, but luckily my glue gun is relatively clean. A little sticky, but not to the point where it's going to ruin anything. And as for the paper, I do try to recycle, like I printed the first trial on the backs of pages of peps that failed or of things I wasn't going to end up doing at all, so I thought I was conserving, but then the first trial was going to end up being too small, and thus, with both the fronts and backs printed on, 13 pages were wasted...I did keep them so I can find a recycling bin though. Now that I scaled the helm up, it's 24 pages, so hopefully I have it right this time.

So I had a date tonight and I had to wear one. Just kidding, but which one goes better with the tie and jacket? (Sadly my front camera on my phone sucks so the pictures are blurry...)

IMAG0547.jpg
IMAG0546.jpg

I'm terribly sorry that I haven't updated in a while, as I've been in Florida visiting family for Christmas.

Anyway, here is the completed pep of Concept #2 by Satchmo:

IMAG0557.jpg

IMAG0558.jpg

IMAG0567_BURST002.jpg

IMAG0568.jpg

It is a little big, but that's okay. I plan on making a like a Metapod and hardening the crap out of it with many layers of fiberglass and rondo, and padding it all cozy-like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back