Halo 4 Chief's Armor Foam Build (COMPLETED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacTrigger

Jr Member
Hey there,
So I started yesterday since the foam I ordered finally arrived (it's pretty hard to get EVA foam here in austria so that was the only way) I haven't done much yet, just the shoulder pads that will get some more detail when I'm able to use my dremel but it's too windy outside atm. But yeah here are my first pics :)
And sorry for the quality, I have to take the pics with my cellphone because my camera is broken :s

imag1130.jpg

imag1129r.jpg

imag1132.jpg

Awesome foam work. The shoulder sizing looks pretty solid, too, though i'm wondering if the tricep couldn't be just a tad shorter so it's not bumping into the crook of your arm when you bend it. Or maybe it's fine and that's just how you're holding it up for the pic. :) Either way, this is a great start.

Thanks for your kind words TavernKnight :)
Concerning the tricep, the left one is a little too wide but i'll be coating the inside with foam so it fits like the right one which sits a little higher so I have full flexibility :)

You need a little bigger distance between the shoulder plate and your arm. I think what 343 was trying to mimic here is the extra armor plating on the new armored ground vehicles, where an extra piece is 'floating' above the doors to take the force of RPG impacts.

It also makes the shoulders wider and the general silhouette more heroic :)

Halo-4-Review-Slider.jpg

Update:
I've worked on the forearms today, they're long not done because i need to cut them since they are too long for my arms but this is the result so far
imag1134r.jpg

imag1133m.jpg

This is me wearing the unfinished forearm and the shoulder pad which lies on my shoulder because it isn't fixed to my arm right, it will float a bit over my shoulder when i stretch my arm like this.
imag1139v.jpg

And this is how I want the shoulder to look like when the "belt" around my arm is stuffed with foam so it fits, maybe the pad itself will have a little longer distance to my arm than now on this pic
imag1137o.jpg

Nice foam work bro! I like the attention to detail and the use of the craft foam. Looking forward to seeing more!

Update:

So, I worked on the forearms and gave them a little more detail, I will use my dremel later to engrave some details and smooth out cuts here and there.
I also managed to stuff the shoulder pads and forearms with soft foam and they feel awesome to wear :D
And last but not least, I started with the chest plate, it's kind of weird on the pics but that's because it's still really bendable so i can fix it right the back plate or jetpack i'm starting now

Enjoy :) !

imag1144q.jpg

imag1149f.jpg

imag1147w.jpg

The undersuit on the pic isn't the one I will be using, but I'll use cheap running clothes, they got a nice pattern, skin-tight and absorb sweat, that shirt on the pic is the one i actually use when doing sports and it was really expensive, there are also some light reflectors on it that would blur any pic taken with flash

Well yes but I'm a hard-gainer so I can eat whatever I want without gaining weight, but luckily there is foam to stuff the suit out ;)

looking good bro! one crit I will give is that you need to close up your seams a little more but other than that its nice work.

can eat whatever I want without gaining weight
that won't last forever! I was the same when I was teenager

Update:

I've been busy the last days with work but also managed to do some work on the armor. Actually I'm working on it whenever I can so sorry when pics of some working stages are missing

Without jetpack and some back attachments
imag1155.jpg

With jetpack (it looks a bit out of place but that's because it's not fitted to my shoulders perfectly so it's moving a little here and there but it should be completely done in 2~ days)
imag1160i.jpg

This is crazy awesome!! the size of the chest is very intimidating. i do have a question though, How are you going to make the helmet?

I'm not sure about the helmet yet. I thought about buying a Hyperballistik casting but the shipping fee is almost half the price of the helmet itself, I'm not that good at pepping, I already pepped a low res mk vi and a high-res odst helmet but that was like 1 1/2 year ago and I doubt that there is a place I can work with resin and bondo and stuff because I live in an estate and there's a community garage and almost no place i could work at, but I've seen Cr4zyDav0's thread and he's built a Recon Helmet out of foam so maybe I'll give it a try although I'm a bit sceptical because the armor parts are already getting insanely warm after wearing them for one 1 minute and a foam helmet would require a cooling and a vent system then.

And thanks for your compliment, I really appreciate that :)

I'm not sure about the helmet yet. I thought about buying a Hyperballistik casting but the shipping fee is almost half the price of the helmet itself, I'm not that good at pepping, I already pepped a low res mk vi and a high-res odst helmet but that was like 1 1/2 year ago and I doubt that there is a place I can work with resin and bondo and stuff because I live in an estate and there's a community garage and almost no place i could work at, but I've seen Cr4zyDav0's thread and he's built a Recon Helmet out of foam so maybe I'll give it a try although I'm a bit sceptical because the armor parts are already getting insanely warm after wearing them for one 1 minute and a foam helmet would require a cooling and a vent system then.

And thanks for your compliment, I really appreciate that :)

I'd like to see a successful foam halo 4 helmet. Iv'e tried 2 times on a h4 mc helmet, and they both failed. A foam mc helmet was be amazing and you would be a god for making one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back