The Dragonborn Comes - Skyrim Build (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fishing

Hey, all. I've started playing Skyrim, and let me tell you, I've fallen in love. So I decided to make the armor that is basically my standard set.

Here is the list parts/clothing I need to make/sew

Dark Brotherhood Gauntlets (may change)
Shrouded Boots
Shrouded Cowl
The Amulet of Talos
Ruby Ring (of archery)
Steel Armor (of health, out of EVA foam, can't find any pep files for it :()
Ancient Nord Bow
Quiver of Ancient Nord Arrows
Dragon Priest Mask (Krosis)

I've started on an arrow head for the arrows. I'm going to attempt to make a mold of it, and then cast up to 16.

I used Zombiegrimm's pep model for it.

Before resin-

DSCN3412.jpg

DSCN3411.jpg

DSCN3408.jpg

Post resin/bondo-

DSCN3416.jpg

DSCN3415.jpg

DSCN3421.jpg

I'm gonna do another layer of resin and bondo (still a little flimsy)

Also, I made a blueprint of the Ancient Nord Bow (with measurements)
The measurements I made are based on a picture from in-game, and looks about right in reality. It really is a monster!

AncientNordBowBlueprintwithMeasure.png

It's about 55.5 inches long! Should be fun to make.

Started on the Dragon Priest mask, no pictures yet.
What do you guys and gals think?

Love the arrowhead, but I would suggest going a little further and not use modern arrows. Check out this site

3RiversArchery

There you can find supplies to build your own arrows, with more realistic fletchings. There may also be places near you where you can get these supplies as well (look into hunting retailers). This used to be a hobby of mine (and will be again someday), it's just as satisfying creating your own arrows as it is your own armor.

Can't wait so see more!

That arrowhead looks awesome man. If you are casting them, I would suggest looking into molding them in something like flex foam if you plan on taking them to a con. Most cons don't take too kindly to sharp things.

I can't wait to see more! If you need a pattern for the hood of the Dragon Priest mask, I have one. I drew one up for myself, and I've been meaning to make a good copy in CAD, so if you want it, that would give me a good excuse to do it. Let me know!

Love the arrowhead, but I would suggest going a little further and not use modern arrows. Check out this site

3RiversArchery

There you can find supplies to build your own arrows, with more realistic fletchings. There may also be places near you where you can get these supplies as well (look into hunting retailers). This used to be a hobby of mine (and will be again someday), it's just as satisfying creating your own arrows as it is your own armor.

Can't wait so see more!

Also, I'm gonna have to check out this site. I've been wanting to pick up archery again.

You might try filling the arrow head with resin. I filled my ear caps for my mandalorian helmet. Just remember to be careful my ear caps got really hot when I filled them.

I was planning to make the bow either as a sliced build, or carve it out of foam and cast it.

Update! Ancient Nord Arrowhead re-resined and primed.

DSCN3425_zps056f1240.jpg

DSCN3424_zpsdb897cb7.jpg

Also, I finished pepping and started to resin my Dragon Priest mask, pictures tomorrow.

Looks mighty awesome man. I dont know squat about casting and molding etc, but I'd love to see how you do it as a full set of Ebony, including arrowhead etc is in the plans for me. :)

So I'm on smooth-on.com looking for molding and casting agents. Volpin Props is really useful, because he explains everything!

Very cool, I'm a huge Skyrim fan myself. Glad to see someone working on a full build!

To aid your endeavor, I present you a potion:
FortifySmithing_zpsecb056c0.png

Now work fast! =D

Here is the Dragon Priest mask: fiber-glassed

DSCN3433_zps72438952.jpg

Primed for better detail

DSCN3435_zpsdad66460.jpg

The Bondo is drying as I type. I will have more pictures tomorrow.

Nice work! That arrowhead looks like a tough pep lol, and good luck on the dragon priest mask! If you have trouble getting it smoothed out I would suggest trying the JTM hd version. Very good model, you can knock it out in one sitting as well. Anyway best of luck and can't wait to see some updates!

Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back